What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twistsol
    replied
    A bunch of cars were vandalized at the school where my wife works, so I'll be taking time off from work for a few minutes tonight to replace the tail lights on her Volvo. Other than that, working long hours to figure out why and then correct the problem with about $4 million a month of invoices that are not being sent to customers.

Leave a comment:

• capncarl
    replied
    Another garden day. This past Sunday we were able to hire day labor to unload my 6.5x16” trailer loaded with 6 cubic yards of wood chips. That’s a lot of trees, and a massive bucket on a front end loader ( the usual size for a landscape supply bucket is 13 cubic feet. ) The chips were unloaded and spread on all the garden walkways with about 1/2 of one row uncovered. The larborer “ volunteered” to help unload the 8 scoops of mushroom compost Monday afternoon, so I had to jump through hoops to purchase it, get it loaded and ready for him at 3pm. That went well, my back still works! This morning I headed back to the county inert landfill and picked up another 4 cubic yards of wood chips. With no hired help available I shoveled the entire wood chip trailer and wheel barrowed it down the rows, completing the first missed row and added to the first batch. It looks really good, and my back still functions. Now to re-arrange the watering system.

furthermore…
    Spring has already arrived here is S Georgia, lots of trees have already greening up and we have high pollen alerts. Yellow pollen is all over the cars and a rain shower has the concrete driveway looking like a yellow river. I dread what the pollen is going to look like when it get in full bloom! 7am temperature is around 65f and highs mid 80s. This weekend we are expecting a cold snap in in the high 20s. That will probably be all the cold weather until mid November. We do get an early start but mid season vegetables suffer from the excessive heat. First frost is usually 2nd week of November leaving us time for a fall garden.

Leave a comment:

• LCHIEN
    replied
    Started working on the 45 degree miter sled yesterday. Made some more progress today after going to the dentist.
    Going to have to go back tomorrow... my temporary crown fell out during dinner.

As I mentioned elsewhere I have decided to make a 45 degree miter jig for my BT3 somewhat along the principles of this Rockler miter slot sled Jig. Click image for larger version Name: 31593-01-1000.jpg Views: 0 Size: 35.7 KB ID: 848948 (filedata/fetch?id=848948&d=1646583173) The idea is that it is easier to make a
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dbhost
    replied
    Work stuff. I am getting ready to change over consulting assignments and am trying to train up a colleague in our application. I am not confident in things after I leave.

Did some troubleshooting of my air filter / regulator as I keep hearing a constant, well, whoopie cushion type noise. Took it apart and found the diaphragm was somewhat wavy and much harder than it should be. I think I found the problem. Amazon has what looks like a rebranded version of the Central Pnuematic filter / regulator on the cheap. Ordered one up and it should be here tomorrow.

As I mentioned in the thread RE: the leaking regulator, I am going to take the Central Pnuematic regualtor apart, measure up the diaphragm and try to order a replacement so I can get back to using the one that matches my system, however there are some advantages to the new one, most notably a higher max working pressure of 145 psi intead of 125 psi. It should be noted I set the output pressure from my compressor(s) to 100 psi and then regulate down to whatever pressure I need at the filter regulator, typically 90 or 40 psi depending on the application. Sometimes 25 or so for HVLP / texture gun...

Spent some time doing weight calculations for the truck camper build. I am going to be somewhere between 900 and 1K lbs wet which is fine. I have a max payload of 1900lbs and here is where the owners manual is wierd, it says PLUS passengers and allocates 800lbs for driver and passengers. It doesn't make sense but it is there in black and white... So we are in a very comfortable range here.

I spent a little bit of time trying to copy the curve from the bed sides to the bottom of the truck box today, and failed miserably. Better luck tomorrow I guess.

Leave a comment:

• LCHIEN
    commented on 's reply
    That stuff and some gadgets. It's got all kinds of outdoors stuff and various things for the Modern man.

• furthermore
    commented on 's reply
    Jealous! There's still plenty of snow on the ground here, we won't be ready to germinate our seeds for another few weeks, if the last frost date predictions are even close to correct

• furthermore
    commented on 's reply
    Huh, I thought the only thing they sold was overalls and the like. There's one in town, I'll have to check it out!

• capncarl
    replied
    We spent the whole day working in the garden, getting it ready for this growing season. I changed from raised beds to large drums so I needed 8 scoops of raised bed mushroom comp. That’s a 6.5 x 16’ trailer bulging full, about 75 wheelbarrow loads. Oh my aching back.

Leave a comment:

• capncarl
    commented on 's reply
    I’ve been In their store in Duluth Minn…..because I also thought they were an online store too! I did purchase a pair of their famous underwear too!

• dbhost
    commented on 's reply
    Was it a tire and service center for a national tire MFG that used to be teamed up with Ford? That was the company that finally drove me to changing careers since the managers were such crooks and determined to rip off customers...

• LCHIEN
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, that Duluth Trading. I bought a pair of cargo pants, too. They have a store here 5 miles from my house, on the Katy Freeway near 99. Been there for 3 years the girl told me. That jig was about $12 or more everywhere else. I had one but couldn't find it. Until last night, I remembered where it was, so now I have 2.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 03-07-2022, 04:06 PM.

• dbhost
    commented on 's reply
    Ahh. Weather and water was nice....

• LCHIEN
    commented on 's reply
    South Jetty, channel side, about halfway out.

• dbhost
    commented on 's reply
    That's a nice fish. Where on the bay were you? Looks like you were pretty close to land to have that rock jetty right there... I used to fish the spillway pier when it existed. Ike got rid of that for me...

• dbhost
    commented on 's reply
    100% on the idea of wear your PPE....

On the issue of Diluth Trading. They have actual stores? I never knew that. Always thought they were just a mail order / online order company like Amazon that sold funky stuff.
Working...