What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• durango dude
    replied
    So our class was 5 days long. On day 5 I was tired and sweating on my work. I wasn't lifting my plane high enough, and dragged it back.... and created more work.

I begged te instructor, "can I get out my scraping card?" No unauthorized tools......

Leave a comment:

• capncarl
    commented on 's reply
    Oh boy, I agree that a good hand plane is great!, but they will work you to death! I build and sell about 20 Tiny Tables about this size per year. Now I am cutting my tapers on the band saw and finish the whole tapered leg with a hand plane. When I am finished with one set of leg I’m about shot…. Only 3-4 sets to go! Lots of care must be taken not to disturb the 2 inside top sides of the leg with the plane or sanding or the legs will not mate up to the apron’s perfectly. One swipe with the hand plane or a couple of seconds with the sander will knock off the angles of the legs.

• twistsol
    commented on 's reply
    Nice. It took me almost 50 years before I realized how useful a good, properly sharpened and tuned hand plane is.

• durango dude
    replied
    Here's what I did

Leave a comment:

• chaseaustin
    replied
    My daily routine is reading a book daily, and nowadays I am reading educatoroid for increase knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• twistsol
    replied
    Today I got a good start on the upper bookshelves for the office remodel.
    • All the sides tops and bottoms are cut.
    • The bottoms and fixed shelves are edge banded but not cut to length,
    • All 476 shelf pin holes are drilled.
    • Two of the 7 sides have the front face frame stiles attached.
    I also managed to get fertilizer on the lawn between rainstorms.

Leave a comment:

• mpc
    commented on 's reply
    The router itself is fine; the small table opening is stupid, and the Router Raizer RZ100 struggled with quirks of this router. As I noted in the "How many routers do you have?" poll, I have quite a few routers so the Freud was rarely used... only when I needed a second router table. The FT2000E itself is quite nice to use hand-held as the power switch and plunge lock lever are within easy reach of the handles and it's not as loud as some of my other routers. The Bosch 1617EVSPK motor mounted in an Incra lift however is table routing nirvana. As I noted in the poll, I recently won the drawing for a Triton TRA001 router at my local Rockler store; I've since picked up one of their cast iron tabletops for half price so I have two good router tables now; the stupid Freud table and its undersized insert plate are retired. The TRA001 has above-the-table bit height and bit change capability but it requires reaching below the table to turn it OFF first, it also requires reaching below the table to lock the plunge handle after the height has been set. So it's two small steps short of router table nirvana compared to the Incra lift. What surprised me the most is the TRA001 does not "scream" as much as other routers.

mpc
    Last edited by mpc; 05-06-2023, 02:00 PM.

• LCHIEN
    replied
    Pressure washing driveway, About 50 feet today, still have 100 feet to go.
    Double width, detached garage on side and U-drive in front of the house.
    Makes a big difference. I had one section replaced a couple of weeks ago, the oak tree roots had pushed it up about 4 inches and it was a serious tripping hazard although the SUV could drive over it slowly... Cost me $4200 to have them break up the old concrete, cut the offending roots (two of them about 6 inches in diameter) and pour new concrete.
    The new section is still lighter colored but doesn't stand out so much. Now that I've washed the grime and mildew off the old concrete next to it. Tedious but strangely satisfying.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20230506_121902.jpg Views:	0 Size:	192.3 KB ID:	855029
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 05-06-2023, 12:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LCHIEN
    commented on 's reply
    I think the pills are an improvement. A lot to take but chase with water you don't have to drink that gross salty-sweet mixture. But the results are the same... lots of urgent trips to the porcelain throne.
    Anyway doc said I was good to go for another 5 years.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 05-03-2023, 05:48 PM.

• dbhost
    commented on 's reply
    Oooh. I just had one a week and a half ago. Pretty sure I need a new toilet. Hopefully the prep doesn't cause you to barf. Mine did... The liquid prep I did was 2 16oz doses, taken over an hour 4 hours apart, and good heavens it was GROSS... Good luck with the results. And if nothing else, you will be squeaky clean!

• LCHIEN
    commented on 's reply
    Gonna be up late tonight! Afraid of lying down and going to sleep!

• capncarl
    commented on 's reply
    Mine is scheduled in the next month or so. Can’t wait! Doc.motley me that if he didn’t see anything this trip I won’t need another “viewing”. I can’t imagine the remarks and giggles that the crew doing these scopes have!

• twistsol
    commented on 's reply
    I feel for you. Been there, done that, and will be doing it again in two years. I married to a nurse so none of that ever gets overlooked.

• LCHIEN
    replied
    Someone have pity on me... I have a colonoscopy scheduled in the morning and guess what I am enduring now...

At least I am trying the new tablets instead of drinking that nasty solution.
    12 large tablets and 48 oz of water over 2 hours.... and then repeat again after 6 hours.

Can't eat anything solid. How can you be bloated and hungry at the same time?
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 05-02-2023, 06:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dbhost
    replied
    I didn't get done anywhere near what I SHOULD have gotten done, but I DID get something done. Swapped out my old mismatched, don't have a key to one of them garage door lock cylinders for a new keyed alike pair so I can actually you know, open either door from the outside... Need to touch up the paint as I had painted over the originals and removing them took paint with it... No biggie...

Leave a comment:

Working...