Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dbhost
    commented on 's reply
    Nice upgrade to an already very nice machine!

• jussi
    replied
    Started installation of Byrd head on my planer. Hardest part was getting the pulley and bearings on and off. Instructions said the pulley should slide right off but that wasn’t the case for me. Had to borrow a puller from auto store. Also since I don’t have a press getting the new bearings on resulted in me putting the cutter head in a freezer. Unfortunately I seemed to have lost a bolt so I couldn’t quite finish the install. Will get a replacement bolt later this week.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dbhost
    replied
    twistsol I think I need to get a dryer duct cleaning service out here. I can't manage roof heights any more and I am pretty sure the ducts are getting funky as my duct auger just doesn't go that far...

For those following, I ran to Harbor Freight after work and snagged a simple assortment of nuts, bolts and washers. All of the #10, 1/4 and 5/16" stuff I have been running out of. I figure it was cheaper this way than buying piecemal at Home Depot. Honestly I probably ought to see about just ordering a box of say 60pc of each of my common sizes and stowing them in my small aprts bins.

Yanked the phillips screws out of the bandsaw fence rail and swapped in proper bolts that actually fit...

Set the fence at 3/4". took a hunk o 2x4 sideways through it, and sure enough, 3/4 it was, tracked straight, no wander. The fence should do what I want...

Leave a comment:

• twistsol
    replied
    Installed the sod we got from the neighbor at my daughter's house. Then came home and hooked the leaf blower up to the dryer vent from the inside to blow a birds nest out. Ended up with a mass of grass, twigs and paper that didn't quite make it all the way out so I still had to get on the ladder since the laundry room is on the second floor. The dryer is working much better now.

Leave a comment:

• dbhost
    replied
    Installed the Kreg fence on the Central Machinery band saw. I should have tapped the bolt holes 1/4-28 but thought 1/4-20 was right. I need some bolts to replace phillips head screws now... Going to try to find black oxide bolts... Thanks for the suggestion of the Kreg fence Loring. This thing is solid as a rock.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dbhost
    replied
    AC Compressor, Expansion valve and receiver / dryer showed up. Have to run into Houston on Saturday so will likely tear into it Sunday or Monday.

Doing some online desk chair shopping since the options for a guy my size in store are next to none, or are funky gaming chairs that, well... no.

My current desk chair is sized for someone that has a LOT longer thighs than I do, and after a while it gets uncomfortable... And since I WFH, I might as well be as comfortable as I can so a literal pain in the butt doesn't distract my work...

Kreg bandsaw fence is out for delivery within the next 2.5 hours...
    Last edited by dbhost; 05-26-2022, 02:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dbhost
    replied
    Found a solution to the desk problem that does not require I build a new desk from scratch in a hurry. Basically a flat top steel and MDF L shaped desk with a total run of 95". The push behind this is my work laptop uses 2 exterman and the built in monitor, and my own decktop with its 32" monitor and my mixing obard / microphone get in the way. Basicaly the hutch and built in filing cabinet are killing me, and my wife can use this desk in her office...

I grabbed one of those articulating dual monitor mounts, and assembled that, sadly the enw desk delivery deate since it will ship freight, won't be here until the 6th. THat gives me time to finish fixing paint in her office yay!

I got the new vacuum pump for AC work in today. Got it oiled and just ran out of oomph to finish up the break in / prep. Will finish it most likely Saturday...

Waiting for delivery of the compressor / receiver dryer and expansion valve for my car so I can get the AC working again. Yay me... This should prove to be fun. And working on some training materials for work...

Tonight is give the stinky dog a bath and touch up the texture / paint in the 2nd home office night. WFH is honestly a lot easier for the 2 of us with spare bedrooms, hower once the master suite is remodelled, I will likely move her desk and computer setup into the master (It's more than big enough)
    Last edited by dbhost; 05-25-2022, 08:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jussi
    replied
    Started the process of replacing the cutter head on my planer to a helical head. If notice some frost on the cutter head that’s because I put it in the freezer overnight to get the bushing to seat. Unfortunately I couldn’t finish it today and will have to get back to it later this week when I have free time.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• twistsol
    replied
    The neighbor is cutting out some sod to put in a sandbox and swing set, so my wife and I just loaded it all into the truck. I'll lay it out in the big dirt spot at the kids house on Thursday night rather than starting from seed. Does this count as a project from reclaimed materials?

Leave a comment:

• dbhost
    replied
    Spent some quality time with the air compressor blowing out the HEPA filter and underside of the powerhead on my old 12 gallon Ridgid wet / dry vac, and wiped down the entire thing to at least try to clean it up.

Still doing plenty of shop cleanup. Wife still spending plenty of time jettisoning things she no longer thinks belong in the house out there and it turns to clutter....

I need a piece of land big enough I can have a shop at least 100yds away from the house so it will discourage her from using my shop as a junk pile.

Back to what I have been doing. Fixed broken picket back to the fence. Need to get some new pickets.

Sorted though totes / boxes to find the original set of vac bags I bought that made me discover my original incompatibility.

Cleaned up the space under the dust collector and using it as a compartment to stow dust collector and shop vac dust bags. Win win...

Chucked the mega cooler up in the attic

Sorted through lumber racks and rearranged one of them. I REALLY need a way to better organize materials...
    Last edited by dbhost; 05-24-2022, 04:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• twistsol
    replied
    A couple of weekends ago I took the truck and trailer to Sioux Falls to help my niece move into her first apartment. Couches and bed and an excessive number of Amazon boxes were stored at my daughter's house and then went to her dorm and moved everything out of there in about 15 minutes.

Yesterday afternoon, I spent about two hours with the pressure washer getting all the bugs off the front of the truck and trailer from the Sioux falls trip. Then upgraded the website.

Last weekend, yard work at daughter #2's house, removed dishwasher pending installation of new one, and pressure washed their house.

This weekend it is up to daughter #3's house in Superior, WI to repair main deck and add rails to the stairs, build a new front deck and stairs and repair garage doors. Thank goodness this is a three day weekend.

Someday I'll get back to working on the cabinets for my office. Hopefully before I retire.

Leave a comment:

• dbhost
    replied
    Assembled the new Rigid wet / dry vac, went to HD and grabbed a fresh OSHA kit for it (HEPA filter and bags), starting the cleanup of the old unit for sale.It won't be spotless, but it will be reasonably clean...

Leave a comment:

• dbhost
    replied
    Apparently my new wet / dry vac is being shipped in 2 separate shipments. The first is apparently the sound supressor / diffuser that arrived today. The vac is supposed to be here Tuesday.

I also ordered the Kreg bandsaw fence from Amazon. The Craftsman fence is making me utter words the neighbors kids do not need ot hear. Oddly enough, Amazon primee order 2 days ago, and delivery estimate is June1, the price is going up. I am gonna find Mr. Bezos and give him a piece of my mind if the price I get charged goes up because they are slow filling orders...

Leave a comment:

• capncarl
    commented on 's reply
    I like that these sockets are 6 point and not apt to round off the head of the bolt.

• dbhost
    commented on 's reply
    THey make great conversation starters, and for that occasional freakish bolt size you know you have it covered!
Working...
X