What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dbhost
    replied
    Working on some automotive troubleshooting issues. My remote trunk release has failed, and the key actuator is missing parts of the linkage. I bought the car well used. The remote trunk release worked fine for years so I never tried to unlock with the key until the remote failed. I need to go to a junk yard to get the linkage, but for now, I have run a piece of paracord from the emergency trunk release through to the interior of the car, sort of a makeshift cable release.;

Trying to track down a short in the horn circuit. It keeps blowing fuses if I have to use the idiot alert feature (Lay on the horn more than 10s...)

Working on some shop cleanup, and a LOT more organizing camping stuff. I need to empty the trunk out 100% prior to loading up.

Might be shot to hades due to spring break, but I am planning on doing a camping trip shortly.
    Last edited by dbhost; 03-03-2022, 12:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• twistsol
    replied
    Last night my wife and I went cross country skiing for 3 hours with a group from REI. It was a beautiful clear warm night in the mid 20's. There was one other couple around our age and the rest of the group were 20 somethings. At least I can still hold my own with the "kids"

Leave a comment:

• dbhost
    replied
    It fits now... table saw stuff at table saw now...

I know a lot, the overwhelming bulk of my recent projects have been hit with the ugly stick A.K.A. made with scrap lumber etc... but they are for function not prettiness... And to use up stuff that was taking up space and make it useful.

The funny cut down "spice drawer" mounted under the extension wing of the table saw clearing the dust capture box of the router.

Drawer as old as I am open, the rails work nicely at least, My table saw accessories live here. The abrasive disk really isn't used any more. I had it with my Firestorm 10" miter saw to use it as a chop saw for cutting ferrous metals. I no longer need it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dbhost; 03-03-2022, 08:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dbhost
    commented on 's reply
    Door builds are something I'd like to do one of these days. Specifically I want to build cathedral raised panel interior doors, but I don't want to use MDF, meaning expensive builds...

• furthermore
    replied
    I forgot to mention the actual project I worked on this weekend once I had the wrench made. I built my own hollow core door! I have this door hole between my insulated part of the garage and the storage bay where the mower, mopeds, generator, etc. lives. For the longest time I've just had the hole partially blocked with this giant piece of 2" green foam board and held in place with a piece of 1" box tubing. Now it's a full on door held in place with a piece of 1" box tubing!

I started by creating a frame (pine ripped to 2") and then cutting the foam board to size with a circular saw. Then I layed that whole assembly on a piece of 1/4" subfloor plywood (it was cheap) and then layed the other piece on top and tacked them down with my brad nailer. I used a flush trim router bit to cut the subfloor ply to the exact shape of the door. Worked great! It made a giant mess, but that's part of the fun, is it not? Finally I've added insulation to the door and a sweep on the bottom to help seal it up.

The door sits over the hole, like a walk-in cooler would have. I still need to pull off a bunch of the pegboard so I can sister in some 2x4s on the door frame so I have something to hang the door off of, as well as make a handle, and finish the door with some poly or something

Leave a comment:

Working...