• Show
Clear All
  • spf45
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Chris_B
    Eric -

Thanks!!

They emailed the .pdf *and* sent me a hard-copy via snail-mail.

Regular Sears customer service claimed that there was no electronic copy available and wanted $8 + shipping for a hard copy...

Chris
    How can this company stay in business? I recently read an article about the hedge fund manager who engineered the purchase of Kmart and then the merger/acquisition of Sears. He seems like a no-nonsense guy. I wonder if he will right the sinking ship???

Comment

• ryan.s
      • Feb 2006
      • So Cal
      • Ridgid TS3650

Woohoo! don't mean to gloat but just picked up one of these jointers. I called around for 3 days but couldn't find any. One of the stores I called told me that the store in Glendale , California and Canoga Park , California still had a floor models. Stopped by the Glendale store today and didn't see one on the floor. Asked one of the sales associates to check for me and it turned out they had one left new in box in the warehouse but the price was coming up as 187.00 . Thanks to this forum I had them call the Thousand Oaks store and sure enough they matched the price, actually beat the price by a few dollars. It rang up as 97.17. I also noticed there was a 16" tilting arm scroll saw floor model on clearance for 59.97 so picked up one of those too (more info on the scroll saw to come on another thread). There was another scroll saw identical to the one I purchased but with a different model number they were selling for 269.00.

Comment

• psal2
        Established Member
        • Mar 2005
        • Mechanicsburg, PA, USA.

Originally posted by spf45
        How can this company stay in business? I recently read an article about the hedge fund manager who engineered the purchase of Kmart and then the merger/acquisition of Sears. He seems like a no-nonsense guy. I wonder if he will right the sinking ship???
        He might sink the ship...
        Thanks,
        Pete

Comment

• gp-clipper
          Forum Newbie
          • Feb 2006
          • Milwaukee, WI.

One available in Chicago Area!!

Just wanted to let anyone in the Northern Illinois or SE Wisconsin area know that there is one floor model 21706 at the Sears Hardware Store in Schaumburg, IL as of April 25th.

I was told that they had two, but when I went there no one could find it. So, I spent about a half hour trying to get the tools to dissassemble the floor model so it would fit in my car (staff wasn't much help...they didn't even know what a jointer was). I was trying to get the $104 price, but the woman wouldn't budge past the $128 price that came up. She then said there was one in the warehouse. I told her two people looked and she said that she knew how to look it up on the inventory sheet. She was right....it was underneath a couple of floor jacks. After all that effort with the floor model, I bought the one kind of in a box. That leaves the floor model for someone else. She did end up giving me 10% off because there was no box for the one I bought.

The address is:
          Sears Appliance & Hardware
          301 S. Barrington Road
          Schaumburg, IL 60193
          847-923-5990

Hope someone in the forum can snag it before it's gone.

Good Luck,
          Gary

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2005
            • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by thrytis
            Hi Davey, yes, i got the one from the Eastland Mall. I'm glad you were able to get the one in Concord. If you're looking for a mobile base, you could try calling the Eastland store - they didn't say anything about base being the last one, so they may still have more in the warehouse.

For those concerned about transporting a jointer without a truck, it should be able to fit fine in most sedans if the top is separated from the stand. I don't know if the boxed jointers come in pieces (mine was the floor model), but if you need to take one apart it is pretty easy to do. You'll need a philips head screw driver to take off the dust chute and one side panel (bring a couple - the screws were on very tight and you risk stripping them out without the right size) and a socket wrench with an extension (i think it was metric sized). Once you have the side panel and dust chute off, disconnect the belt and then take out the three bolts from underneath.
            Any of you guys know of one in Charlotte/Gastonia area? I forgot that 90% of my friends and family live 10 minutes outside of Gastonia. Of course that includes my father, the person who got me into woodworkiing many years ago, but NOOOOoooooo . . .didn't even think of checking the area and having him pick it up. I checked Shelby, Gastonia and Hickory and they are sold out. Hickory said they had 3 on the computer but after 5 mintues of checking said they had none in stock. How can that be? How can you get your inventory of a $400 250lb item off by 3? Idiots.
            Anyway, I am assuming Eastland and Concord have don't have any left, but anyone know of any other stores in the area that had one or floor model left?

Comment

• woodrowB
              Forum Newbie
              • Feb 2006
              • Decatur, GA.

Has anyone checked in the Atlanta metro area or Augusta?

Comment

• spf45
                Forum Newbie
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
                Any of you guys know of one in Charlotte/Gastonia area? I forgot that 90% of my friends and family live 10 minutes outside of Gastonia. Of course that includes my father, the person who got me into woodworkiing many years ago, but NOOOOoooooo . . .didn't even think of checking the area and having him pick it up. I checked Shelby, Gastonia and Hickory and they are sold out. Hickory said they had 3 on the computer but after 5 mintues of checking said they had none in stock. How can that be? How can you get your inventory of a $400 250lb item off by 3? Idiots.
                Anyway, I am assuming Eastland and Concord have don't have any left, but anyone know of any other stores in the area that had one or floor model left?
                If I was near the Hickory store, I would try very hard to convince the store staff to look again (and again). This is not hypothetical--I would actually do it. I'd explain to them that it is a large stationary tool (like a table saw) and is about 240 lbs. I don't think 5 minutes of looking is enough. It's a needle in a haystack.

Comment

• thrytis
                  • May 2004
                  • Concord, NC, USA.
                  • Delta Unisaw

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
                  I only checked those two stores, and both are out according to the inventory record and there are no floor models left at either place. Unfortunately there aren't any other Sears stores convient, otherwise i would swing by and check for you.

You might try calling back the Hickory store when you think a different shift may have started. I suspect some sales people couldn't identify a jointer if it fell on them, and others might be more interested in doing other things than digging through a warehouse for half an hour.
                  Eric

Comment

• THyman
                    Established Member
                    • Feb 2005
                    • Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Originally posted by woodrowB
                    Has anyone checked in the Atlanta metro area or Augusta?
                    I know they had a one on display at the Town center store but its no longer there. I think the price was about $200-250 not $105.
                    War Eagle!

Comment

• mycatisretarded
                      Established Member
                      • Aug 2003
                      • newton, nc, USA.

Jointers In The Hickory Area

edited ....
                      Last edited by mycatisretarded; 04-26-2006, 06:30 PM.
                      Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

• vanguard
                        Established Member
                        • Jul 2005
                        • Brighton, MI, USA.
                        • Ridgid TS2400SL

Aren't you a helpfull fellow.

Comment

• mycatisretarded
                          Established Member
                          • Aug 2003
                          • newton, nc, USA.

almost like it never happened.
                          Last edited by mycatisretarded; 04-26-2006, 06:30 PM.
                          Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

• RmeDad
                            Established Member
                            • Jan 2006
                            • Scottsdale, AZ
                            • BT3100-1

Yeah right!

Originally posted by vanguard
                            Aren't you a helpfull fellow.
                            So he gets the lead on this item from this forum, then tries to make money on the other members! That sucks!
                            Jack

Throughout my racing career I was constantly reminded of this: "Keep the pointy end forward and the shiny side up!"

Comment

• ryan.s
                              • Feb 2006
                              • So Cal
                              • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by mycatisretarded
                              offering a $350+ jointer for $175, yep I'd say so.
                              It's not a $350+ jointer, it's $104.97 jointer. How would you have known the jointer was on clearance if it wasn't for the members of this forum? Greed will eventually bite you in the a**.

Comment

• ryan.s
                                • Feb 2006
                                • So Cal
                                • Ridgid TS3650

I don't think your cat is the only thing retarded.

Comment

Working...