• Show
Clear All
  • RmeDad
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Scottsdale, AZ
    • BT3100-1

Originally posted by PALefty
    It would be great to have some receipts for ammo....
    First you gotta find a jointer!!
    Jack

Throughout my racing career I was constantly reminded of this: "Keep the pointy end forward and the shiny side up!"

Comment

• vanguard
      Established Member
      • Jul 2005
      • Brighton, MI, USA.
      • Ridgid TS2400SL

You shouldn't need one. I just asked for 21706 and the computer had it on close-out at the right price.

Comment

• Ken Massingale
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Liberty, SC, USA.
        • Ridgid TS3650

You guys are getting a great deal. I've had that model for a couple of years and really like it. The best I could do was around $325, with a sale and CC discount.

Comment

• vanguard
          Established Member
          • Jul 2005
          • Brighton, MI, USA.
          • Ridgid TS2400SL

I just wished I'd checked a few days earlier. I just ordered a 4" HF Benchtop unit. I tried to cancel it, but it had already shipped.

Comment

• PALefty
            Established Member
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by vanguard
            You shouldn't need one. I just asked for 21706 and the computer had it on close-out at the right price.
            I found one... but it wasn't listed in their computer for that price. Not even under $250 yet.. though one other store had it listed in the computer for $197 (I had one manager call from my local store). His attitude was they won't go below the price listed in the computer. I said I would try to come back with some proof..

Interestingly, each store he brought up had it listed for a different price in both the 'Last Price' and 'Current Sale Price' column.

Comment

• NJFrank
              Established Member
              • Jun 2003
              • NJ, USA.

I was just able to get one in new Jersey using the part # that was posted called three stores and found the last one. Rang up at the $104 price, happily residing in my truck.

Thanks to all you folks that posted the info

Can anyone reccomend a moblie base for this? will the discontinued model 22103 work?
              Last edited by NJFrank; 04-19-2006, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• kramer katt
                Established Member
                • Aug 2004
                • SO CAL, USA
                • BT3100 and Craftsman 100

I dropped by the Santa Barbara CA Sears Wednesday midday on a trip up central ca. They had three of the older 21706 jointers (one display 2 in wherehouse) "clearance" price only down $30 399 to 369. No one in store could help with better pricing. Maybe someone local who has some knowledge of that store can keep tabs and see if the price drops or maybe a cooperative manager.
                They had a display of the new model joiner about 5 ft away.
                kk
                Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler
                --Albert Einstein

Comment

• Divot
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Oct 2005
                  • Pittsburgh, PA, USA.

Originally posted by NJFrank
                  I was just able to get one in new Jersey using the part # that was posted called three stores and found the last one. Rang up at the $104 price, happily residing in my truck.

Thanks to all you folks that posted the info

Can anyone reccomend a moblie base for this? will the discontinued model 22103 work?
                  I too used the Part No. and found a floor model (the last one) in the Pittsburgh area. I had no need to debate the pricing as it rang up at $104. Be aware that in this part of the country at lease, this unit is extremely difficult to find. I checked (or had sales associates check) more than two dozen stores in a 100 mile radius of the Burg before I found the one I bought.

Good luck to others .... and thanks to the Forum for another great deal.

Comment

• PALefty
                    Established Member
                    • Feb 2006

still looking for help with receipts... especially on the east coast! They aren't listed at that price in my neck of the woods...

Comment

• psal2
                      Established Member
                      • Mar 2005
                      • Mechanicsburg, PA, USA.

Originally posted by vanguard
                      Our local has it at $369.97 yet. This will vary by the VOM (very old merchandise) list in each area. But it doesn't make a difference, none of the stores are around here have it.
                      Thanks,
                      Pete

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2005
                        • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by psal2
                        Our local has it at $369.97 yet. This will vary by the VOM (very old merchandise) list in each area. But it doesn't make a difference, none of the stores are around here have it.
                        psal2, you are a life long central PA resident aren't you?

I have tried York, Lancaster, Camp Hill, Lebanon, H'burg, Reading, Pottstown, Trexler, Reading Hardware, Hanover. Also tried Westminster and Cockeysville MD. All of these locations said they were out of stock. Insterestingly, all stores had a price showing of over $300 except Westminster, MD which had a price of $104.97.

Can you tell us more about the VOM list?

Comment

• psal2
                          Established Member
                          • Mar 2005

VOM (very old merchandise) is a list of merchandise that stores need to move out before it "falls out of the system". Depending on the quantity, the popularity of the item and how close to the end it is, determines the prices. Some managers are more aggressive than others, so they blow the price out to "just get it off the list".

If an item hits "$0.00", then they cannot sell it and it goes to their liquidation arm (ebay, wholesalers in remote areas) and the store gets no money in the till and is charged the full amount against inventory.

Therefore some store managers would prefer to get $100 than $0 and they are only charged the difference between the $100 and whatever VOM price is (in this case $369.97). So the loss to the store is $269 vs possible $429 (original price).

I have purchased some PS2 games for $2.97 that were $39.99 a year ago. I bought a $499 TV (around 1998) for $125.

Recently, bought a bunch of router bits that were being blown out. Look for the pink tagged items. Also, many times, they don't have an item on the floor but there is one in the back that was "found". And don't always go by calling them. Their inventory system stinks and is accurate about 15% of the time.

At least that is the way it was explained to me awhile back.
                          Thanks,
                          Pete

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2005
                            • York, PA, USA.

Pete,

Thanks for the VOM info.

I found that the system was not accurate as well. Most times stores showed 1 in stock. They would go look on the floor and in the storage and call me back and advise none in stock. You suggest not just going by calling them. If you visit the store and don't see the item, what do you do? Ask them to go in back to check?
                            Thanks
                            Jeff

Comment

• jwaterdawg
                              • Aug 2005
                              • Washington, NC USA
                              • JET

How big is the box for this puppy? Can I could get one in the trunk of my car, provided I can find one?
                              Don't be stupid, the universe is watching.

Comment

• psal2
                                Established Member
                                • Mar 2005

jwaterdawg,

Big enough that an older Caddy might hold it (maybe), but it is heavy. You find one near me, I will use my Pickup to get it. In fact, if you buy it and can't pick it up, I will let you keep it at my house and use it whenever you want...

Jeff, only been here since 09/06 but I like it. And always ask if they can check inventory. Most will have probably been looking for other woodworkers and know if it is there.
                                Thanks,
                                Pete

Comment

Working...