• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffrey Schronce
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by Mike G
    I just picked up one of these at the Thousand Oaks, California store last night. Got the $105 price, no problems. It was the last one they had, in the box, in the werehouse (sp?). Unfortunately, the manual is missing (the box was opened, although in excellent condition). Any chance that one of you guys who managed to get one of these babies might be able to scan and send me a pdf copy of the manual, so that I can check the parts...and then put this thing together? I'm pretty mechanically inclined, and I'm sure I could get it together eventually, but would much rather follow step by step instructions if possible. If someone replies that they can, then I'll gladly post my email address.

Thanks in advance, from a forum newbie.
    Email or call sears customer service. I believe they have PDF manuals on everything. Someone on this forum kindly emailed me a PDF from sears for my 22124 table saw, thus Sears has them somewhere. I believe that asking someone to scan the manual, page by page, is a bit much, and this is coming from someone who mailed out over 50 Hitachi Warrenty cards to fellow BT3'ers at my own time and expense. Scanning an entire manual is a bit much. I am sure Sears can take care of you.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by PALefty
      So far the Cust Service has been very nice and accommodating. I spent a while with one guy.. who called joe and said he smelled a rat. He transferred me to sears.com to try and have them price match. Spent some time with her... she called a number of the stores on the list and verified the price but said she couldn't match it (it is 399 online) and it is a store only sale. I had to explain everything to her (she wasn't given the whole story).. and she transferred me back to CS. I got a new person and had to explain again (an hour later). She wrote up a ticket and called Joe. She also smelled a rat and felt it should be escallated. She said I should hear from the Dist Mgr within a few days.

All in all, I am satisfied with CS. I might not ever get anything out of it... but at least it may not happen to the next person...
      As I stated earlier, I found CS to be excellent and very good at getting results. Them sending you to sears.com people for a price match was kind of retarded. A ticket should have been written based on the first call. I certainly would not drop it and I would demand that CS locate a jointer and have it shipped directly to you. What they did was messed up and you have every right to be stern and demanding with CS. CS wants nothing more than to make you happy. They really a pretty decent.
      After I got screwed by the Bethleham PA Sears Essentials (long story, but they were to hold two 22124's at given price they VOLUNTARILY matched and when I rented a truck and drove up there to get them they would not honor the price) CS located 2 of the saws (most likely Bethleham store saws) and had them shipped directly to my home at no cost. And I would accept nothing less on the jointer. Man that really makes me want to never buy anything at Sears again until its below cost! LOL! Seriously, what they did was wrong. They said they were going to hold it for you. They didn't. I smell punative and compensatory damages here! LOL! !!!

Comment

• Jim0424
        Forum Newbie
        • Feb 2003
        • Dallas, Texas, USA.
        • Two BT3Ks.

and to kleefully...

Thanks for your original post. I'm accustomed to missing out on the really great deals, but this time I got lucky. js.
        My ex-: "No one will ever notice that."
        I will.

Comment

• jwaterdawg
          • Aug 2005
          • Washington, NC USA
          • JET

Originally posted by onedash
          Checked in Virginia Beach. None available but the price comes up $380.
          onedash if you are looking there is one (or was as of yesterday: Friday) one in stock at the Rocky Mount, NC store probably a few hours drive for you, but just thought I should mention it.
          Don't be stupid, the universe is watching.

Comment

• PALefty
            Established Member
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
            As I stated earlier, I found CS to be excellent and very good at getting results. Them sending you to sears.com people for a price match was kind of retarded. A ticket should have been written based on the first call. I certainly would not drop it and I would demand that CS locate a jointer and have it shipped directly to you. What they did was messed up and you have every right to be stern and demanding with CS. CS wants nothing more than to make you happy. They really a pretty decent.
            After I got screwed by the Bethleham PA Sears Essentials (long story, but they were to hold two 22124's at given price they VOLUNTARILY matched and when I rented a truck and drove up there to get them they would not honor the price) CS located 2 of the saws (most likely Bethleham store saws) and had them shipped directly to my home at no cost. And I would accept nothing less on the jointer. Man that really makes me want to never buy anything at Sears again until its below cost! LOL! Seriously, what they did was wrong. They said they were going to hold it for you. They didn't. I smell punative and compensatory damages here! LOL! !!!
            The first CS number he gave me was a third party. I forget the name (written down at work).. but when I called the number was disconnected. I thought... here we go.

Yeah, I remember your saga. I was wishing Bethlehem had two... and I would have met you there. That was still the best deal I have seen since joining this site. Then I got to thinking... how would I get it home? So what did you do with your Jet..

Comment

• thrytis
              • May 2004
              • Concord, NC, USA.
              • Delta Unisaw

I haven't really been in the market for a jointer, but i had to pick up the Tradesman benchtop at Lowes on clearance last year and now i couldn't pass up the Craftsman. At this rate i figure next year i'll find an 8" jointer on sale for about $200.

The Sears in Concord has one in their system but the person i spoke with tonight couldn't locate it. If you're in the area and are looking for one, you might try to ask someone who looks like they know what they're doing about it. I'm not entirely sure the guy helping me even knew what a jointer was. The Eastland Mall Sears in Charlotte is now out of stock.

I was able to pick up the 22103 mobile base with it for $25. I haven't tried it out, but the front of the box specifically mentions that it works with the 21706 jointer.
              Eric

Comment

• onedash
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2005
                • Maryland
                • Craftsman 22124

I already have one. Bought it almost two years ago. But at that price id get another one if they had it here. Save it for one of the kids to use someday.
                YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.

Comment

• MPod
                  Established Member
                  • Aug 2003
                  • Lenexa, KS, USA.

Went to the Sears in Overland Park Kansas (KC metro area). Stopped by over lunch and sure enough they had one left. The salesperson said it was priced at $188. $104 for the machine plus $84 for a 5 year service plan.

I told them I didn't want the service plan and he said, sorry that's part of the deal. Although it was probably still a good price, I tried haggling some more over the service plan requirement before finally giving up and leaving.

Came back in the evening and talked to another person that worked there that suggested I could buy it and then turn around and cancel the service plan later. I got a hold of the manager who said he would be willing to go down to a three year service plan which knocked the price down to $154.

Even though I was still frustrated, I took it. Apparently the service plan includes annual in home inspections, adjustments, repairs etc. I'm still thinking about cancelling it (or trying to anyway).

Any one else run into this???
                  -Mod
                  Measure with a micrometer, mark it with a crayon, cut it with an axe.

Comment

• Divot
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Oct 2005
                    • Pittsburgh, PA, USA.

Originally posted by MPod
                    Went to the Sears in Overland Park Kansas (KC metro area). Stopped by over lunch and sure enough they had one left. The salesperson said it was priced at $188. $104 for the machine plus $84 for a 5 year service plan.

I told them I didn't want the service plan and he said, sorry that's part of the deal. Although it was probably still a good price, I tried haggling some more over the service plan requirement before finally giving up and leaving.

Came back in the evening and talked to another person that worked there that suggested I could buy it and then turn around and cancel the service plan later. I got a hold of the manager who said he would be willing to go down to a three year service plan which knocked the price down to $154.

Even though I was still frustrated, I took it. Apparently the service plan includes annual in home inspections, adjustments, repairs etc. I'm still thinking about cancelling it (or trying to anyway).

I bought the two year service plan, but it wasn't a condition of sale. I thought a little insurance was in order, as mine was the floor model.

Comment

• spf45
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by MPod

I think you are the victim of a shakedown. The store employees make better commission on the service plans. I would cancel unless YOU want the warranty. I would consider calling the Sears hotline if you believe they were acting unethically.

Comment

• onedash
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2005
                        • Maryland
                        • Craftsman 22124

I have been told several times that they make the most money on their store warranties at all the stores. I did get it though on my Table saw. It covers everything except the blade. Need to get one of the free checkups I guess.
                        YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.

Comment

• Davey
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Apr 2006
                          • Matthews, NC
                          • BT3100

Originally posted by thrytis
                          I haven't really been in the market for a jointer, but i had to pick up the Tradesman benchtop at Lowes on clearance last year and now i couldn't pass up the Craftsman. At this rate i figure next year i'll find an 8" jointer on sale for about $200.

The Sears in Concord has one in their system but the person i spoke with tonight couldn't locate it. If you're in the area and are looking for one, you might try to ask someone who looks like they know what they're doing about it. I'm not entirely sure the guy helping me even knew what a jointer was. The Eastland Mall Sears in Charlotte is now out of stock.

I was able to pick up the 22103 mobile base with it for $25. I haven't tried it out, but the front of the box specifically mentions that it works with the 21706 jointer.

Thanks Eric! I just picked it up. It was a 120 mile round trip from Matthews, but it sounds like some folks travelled a lot farther. The person I spoke to started looking through the planers when I asked for the jointer. Good thing I had the part number. After finding it in the computer, he went to look in the back and it was back there! The 22103 mobile base wasn't available though. Thanks again for the heads up. I take it you got the one at Eastland?

Comment

• ctxman
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Aug 2004
                            • Thousand Oaks.

Serial Number

Can someone provide me with the Craftsman serial number? It would be something like 113.xxx.xxx. I realize the item number is 921706 but I need the other number.

Thanks,
                            John

Comment

• Chris_B
                              Established Member
                              • Apr 2006
                              • Cupertino, CA

Originally posted by ctxman
                              Can someone provide me with the Craftsman serial number? It would be something like 113.xxx.xxx. I realize the item number is 921706 but I need the other number.

Thanks,
                              John

The "Model No." is 152.217060

I just picked one up in Mountain View, CA. They have 2 more.

This really is a screaming deal...

Chris

Comment

• ryan.s
                                • Feb 2006
                                • So Cal
                                • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by Chris_B
                                The "Model No." is 152.217060

I just picked one up in Mountain View, CA. They have 2 more.

This really is a screaming deal...

Chris
                                Chris - Which sears store did you say had 2 more? Mountain View in so cal or nor cal? Do you have the number to the store? Thanks.

Comment

Working...