• Show
Clear All
  • kramer katt
    Established Member
    • Aug 2004
    • SO CAL, USA
    • BT3100 and Craftsman 100

spf45
    Not a play on words but it is a comment made in fun.
    To keep forums organized a thread usually has only one topic. If the posters change the topic or veer to another subject it is said to be "hijacked" No bigee
    just makes forum archives more useful later when someone is searching for a specific question.
    kk
    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler
    --Albert Einstein

Comment

• spf45
      Forum Newbie
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by kramer katt
      spf45
      Not a play on words but it is a comment made in fun.
      To keep forums organized a thread usually has only one topic. If the posters change the topic or veer to another subject it is said to be "hijacked" No bigee
      just makes forum archives more useful later when someone is searching for a specific question.
      kk
      Wasn't fun for me. I don't agree with your assessment of my post. At the same time I wish you no ill will.

Comment

• kramer katt
        Established Member
        • Aug 2004
        • SO CAL, USA
        • BT3100 and Craftsman 100

all OK here
        kk
        Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler
        --Albert Einstein

Comment

• jgrobler
          Established Member
          • Dec 2005
          • Salinas, CA, USA.
          • TS3650

I was in Oakland today and the Sears in Hayward, of 880 and CA92 still had a display model left at $104.97, if anyone is still interested.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2005
            • York, PA, USA.

New Twist

They now have the jointer online and it is being marked down. May be worth following for those who did not pick one up.

Comment

• Chuck In Oregon
              Forum Newbie
              • Jan 2005
              • Cottage Grove, Oregon, USA.

The Eugene, Oregon, store confirms the low clearance price but says there are none left in Oregon.

Chuck

Comment

• samglo
                Forum Newbie
                • Sep 2003
                • USA.

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
                They now have the jointer online and it is being marked down. May be worth following for those who did not pick one up.
                Sears doesn't allow in-store pick-up though, so the reduced price may not go low enough to make it worthwhile (they want $150 to ship to Cleveland).

Comment

• mpauly
                  Established Member
                  • Apr 2006
                  • NJ

Just was at the local sears hardware in NJ and they had a 21706 that was marked as clearance for $249. Now the box said it was the 'professional', so I think that means it is the newer model (but I could have sworn that number was a 21705).

The box was sealed and had no picture. Is this worth it at $249 (originally $399)?

Comment

• jwaterdawg
                    • Aug 2005
                    • Washington, NC USA
                    • JET

Originally posted by mpauly
                    Just was at the local sears hardware in NJ and they had a 21706 that was marked as clearance for $249. Now the box said it was the 'professional', so I think that means it is the newer model (but I could have sworn that number was a 21705).

The box was sealed and had no picture. Is this worth it at $249 (originally $399)?
                    21706 is the one that was going for $105 in this thread. The 21705 is the newer model. They are both "Professional". Easy way to tell them apart is that the older 21706 has the switch below the table on the front panel, whereas the newer 21705 has the switch mounted on a pipe above and behind the table. Based on my experience with it, it's worth $249, but I would definitely try to negotiate them down on the price that's how I eventually got mine for $105. Remind them that it is "VOM", very old merchandise, and document the other stores you have head reported selling it for $105 (check this thread).

PS: The box the 21706 comes in has no picture. If you get one be sure to get help loading/unloading/assembling 'cause that puppy is HEAVY.

PS2: I posted a copy of my receipt on page 5 of this thread. It might help sway the manager of your local store if you can show a copy of a receipt.
                    Last edited by jwaterdawg; 07-15-2006, 04:09 PM.
                    Don't be stupid, the universe is watching.

Comment

• mpauly
                      Established Member
                      • Apr 2006
                      • NJ

Originally posted by jwaterdawg
                      21706 is the one that was going for $105 in this thread. The 21705 is the newer model. They are both "Professional". Easy way to tell them apart is that the older 21706 has the switch below the table on the front panel, whereas the newer 21705 has the switch mounted on a pipe above and behind the table. Based on my experience with it, it's worth $249, but I would definitely try to negotiate them down on the price that's how I eventually got mine for $105. Remind them that it is "VOM", very old merchandise, and document the other stores you have head reported selling it for $105 (check this thread).

PS: The box the 21706 comes in has no picture. If you get one be sure to get help loading/unloading/assembling 'cause that puppy is HEAVY.

PS2: I posted a copy of my receipt on page 5 of this thread. It might help sway the manager of your local store if you can show a copy of a receipt.
                      Thanks for clearing that up. I got confused when I look at the sears website. Previously the 21706 wasn't on the website anymore, seems to be there now at $319 with the 21705 listed at $399. I tried getting the manager to match the $109 but it was a no go. I even tried getting the them to match receipt recently posted for the 22432 bandsaw and because it was 'clearance' they said no go.

Thanks again.
                      Michael

Comment

Working...