X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwaterdawg
    • Aug 2005
    • Washington, NC USA
    • JET

No, but you could buy a seat for it. You might have a hard time at security though, unless you leave the blades at the ticket counter. Somebody reported shipping to be $65 which doesn't sound too bad although it would obviously be better to find one locally.

The stores that have them listed in the computer, have you asked them to check VOM (very old merchandise)? Sometimes VOM is under lock and key so not everybody (including regular associates) has access. Just a thought.
    Last edited by jwaterdawg; 04-27-2006, 07:55 PM.
    Don't be stupid, the universe is watching.

Comment

• davidtu
      • Apr 2006
      • Seattle, WA
      • BT3100

Though still a newbie, I am going to risk chiming in here on the issue of buying multiple units and reselling for profit. If you find a bargain on your own, do as you like, of course. Sell it here there or anywhere. But if you find a bargain on our alert forum, I believe the ethical thing to do is, if you are going to buy multiple units, to offer them here at cost to other local members. I would not get into shipping, etc. But there are obviously many members in some areas and they should each get a chance at the bargain. That's a family approach. If no one is local in the forum who wants to buy an extra unit at cost then go ahead and sell it here there or anywhere.

I am merely opposed to folks swooping into stores and depriving other members, who are working from the same shared information, from making the great purchase. I went to my local Sears today and they said they'd had two machines that sold out recently. If I learned that someone was sitting on two of these machines, depriving me of one, I'd be annoyed.

The entire premise of this forum is for members to SHARE THEIR GOOD FORTUNE with others. It is NOT to make a killing!

Well, that's my 2 cents.
      Never met a bargain I didn't like.

Comment

• woodrowB
        Forum Newbie
        • Feb 2006
        • Decatur, GA.

Originally posted by davidtu
        The entire premise of this forum is for members to SHARE THEIR GOOD FORTUNE with others. It is NOT to make a killing!
        Here, here!!
        Couldn't have said it better myself!

But let's focus on the good. Which means, I GOT ONE!! Yee haw y'all.
        It took a couple of hours of calls and dealing with the ever present ineptitude of Sears employees, but I finally found MINE just a little ways down the road. Of course, the amazing Sears inventory system showed 4 units in the stock room, but in reality there was only one. And I got it. And I got it. And I got it!! Can you tell I'm excited? I am. So, now I have to go open the box(from in the truck) and cart the pieces to my shop. No way it's going to get there in one trip. That suckers heavy. Hey, if you made it this far, thanks for reading my gloat and thanks to 'kleefully' for starting it off. Pretty good for a newbie.

p.s. THyman, it was the Union City Sears. If they had had 2, I would have got the other for a forum buddy, no sweat.
        Last edited by woodrowB; 04-27-2006, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• thrytis
          • May 2004
          • Concord, NC, USA.
          • Delta Unisaw

The Sears in Cary Towne Center (Cary, NC - 919-380-4800) show two in stock at the $104.97 price as of Thursday night at closing. One is the floor model, which looks like it is missing the front base cover (but not the switch), the push blocks, the padlock, and the leveling feet. It is shoved off in the corner behind the door (i missed it the first swing through) and marked at $250. I did not ask them to look for the other, so it may or may not be there.

I feel pretty lucky! I've found four jointers after checking with three stores. I hope a couple of forum members can pick up these two.
          Eric

Comment

• woodrowB
            Forum Newbie
            • Feb 2006
            • Decatur, GA.

Originally posted by thrytis
            If you didn't get a manual with your jointer, just call the customer helpline number on the front of the jointer (1-800-897-7709) and ask them to email you a PDF version.
            Oh yeah, I forgot to say; I'll be doing this tomorrow.
            Unopened box, still strapped up, but no manual. Probably all like that?

Comment

• dtam
              Established Member
              • Mar 2006
              • santa clara, CA
              • delta 36-675

For those in Silicon Valley, the Sears at EastRidge Mall in San Jose still has the floor model as of tonight.

Comment

• ryan.s
                • Feb 2006
                • So Cal
                • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by woodrowB
                Oh yeah, I forgot to say; I'll be doing this tomorrow.
                Unopened box, still strapped up, but no manual. Probably all like that?
                Mine was also an unopened box with straps as well but didn't have a manual either. Called the 800 number and had them email me a pdf.

Comment

• mycatisretarded
                  Established Member
                  • Aug 2003
                  • newton, nc, USA.

the floor model is still availabe at hickory mall as of 4pm today.
                  Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

• Hank77
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Jan 2004
                    • Wake Forest, NC

Originally posted by thrytis
                    The Sears in Cary Towne Center (Cary, NC - 919-380-4800) show two in stock at the $104.97 price as of Thursday night at closing. One is the floor model, which looks like it is missing the front base cover (but not the switch), the push blocks, the padlock, and the leveling feet. It is shoved off in the corner behind the door (i missed it the first swing through) and marked at $250. I did not ask them to look for the other, so it may or may not be there.

I feel pretty lucky! I've found four jointers after checking with three stores. I hope a couple of forum members can pick up these two.
                    Thanks for the heads up! I called and both the boxed one and floor model were gone...

If you care to share, where else did you find one (or two, or more)?

Thanks...

Comment

• thrytis
                      • May 2004
                      • Concord, NC, USA.
                      • Delta Unisaw

Originally posted by Hank77
                      Thanks for the heads up! I called and both the boxed one and floor model were gone...

If you care to share, where else did you find one (or two, or more)?

Thanks...
                      One was at the Eastland Mall in Charlotte (the one i bought for myself) and one in the Carolina Mall in Concord (that Davey bought).
                      Eric

Comment

• newbie2wood
                        Established Member
                        • Apr 2004
                        • NJ, USA.

I found one Craftsman Jointer in my area. It is a display model, and it can probably be had for around $80 with some bargaining. I was thinking of buying and reselling it but decided against it.
                        ________
                        Gladys
                        Last edited by newbie2wood; 09-15-2011, 05:04 AM.

Comment

• kramer katt
                          Established Member
                          • Aug 2004
                          • SO CAL, USA
                          • BT3100 and Craftsman 100

Was back thru Santa Barbara last weekend and by luck an couple of the joiners were still there. Took clerk 3 trips to stock room to find one in box despite 4 in computer. After first unsuccessful trip I tried to bargain for the floor model but they said same $105 price. and he said could not sell anyway if item showed that store could re-order same item. At end he said the box was missed because the printed tag was torn off and someone had written the item # back with marker pen. While waiting I looked at 21706 back to back with the new 21705 and the differences in the fence were very apparent. Does anyone know if there is a functional difference?

BTW remembered only today about 10% off ALL bench power tools with CC card. May go back tommorrow to try for credit.

2 left as of Sat 5/13 Sears LaCumbra Plaza Santa Barbara CA Store #02138
                          Sorry if post is late was away from this modem for 4 days.

kk
                          Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler
                          --Albert Einstein

Comment

• spf45
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by kramer katt
                            Was back thru Santa Barbara last weekend and by luck an couple of the joiners were still there. Took clerk 3 trips to stock room to find one in box despite 4 in computer. After first unsuccessful trip I tried to bargain for the floor model but they said same $105 price. and he said could not sell anyway if item showed that store could re-order same item. At end he said the box was missed because the printed tag was torn off and someone had written the item # back with marker pen. While waiting I looked at 21706 back to back with the new 21705 and the differences in the fence were very apparent. Does anyone know if there is a functional difference?

BTW remembered only today about 10% off ALL bench power tools with CC card. May go back tommorrow to try for credit.

2 left as of Sat 5/13 Sears LaCumbra Plaza Santa Barbara CA Store #02138
                            Sorry if post is late was away from this modem for 4 days.

kk
                            Do you know what these Sears shopping experiences remind me of? The airlines! For years, I have wondered why I can be in three cities in the course of a few hours and, for example, go through an official ritual where my ticket is dutifully stamped and put in an envelope at one site, then simply marked with a pen at another and virtually ignored at the next—all on the same carrier. The lack of consistency drives me crazy!

It appears that management at each Sears store enjoys significant autonomy with very little structure or sharing of best practices. The net result is clearly visible to anyone who has read these posts. In my opinion, this thread would be a great reference in a Sears management meeting.

Comment

• kramer katt
                              Established Member
                              • Aug 2004
                              • SO CAL, USA
                              • BT3100 and Craftsman 100

lets help Sears out

Well if you're going to hijack this thread I'll play along.
                              I'm no marketing expert but all the BT3 member sales in total are probably a very small blip on the Sears totals. Althought as you suggest there would be a lot that a smart manager could gleen here
                              The variations that I have read in this and other threads would cause me to doubt that they have any real kind on in store tracking of feedback that may clue them in about this. Anyway the boardroom may be so focused on paying off the takeover debt that selling a couple hundred (thousand?) more saws or joiners is nothing to them.
                              kk
                              Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler
                              --Albert Einstein

Comment

• spf45
                                Forum Newbie
                                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by kramer katt
                                Well if you're going to hijack this thread I'll play along.
                                kk
                                I hope that's a play on words based on my comparison to the airlines. I have no intention of hijacking your thread. I am speaking as a person who tried to track down this jointer, as well as another Craftsman item also posted recently.

Comment

Working...