• Show
Clear All
  • jwaterdawg
    • Aug 2005
    • Washington, NC USA
    • JET

Originally posted by psal2
    jwaterdawg,

Big enough that an older Caddy might hold it (maybe), but it is heavy. You find one near me, I will use my Pickup to get it. In fact, if you buy it and can't pick it up, I will let you keep it at my house and use it whenever you want...
    Okay, so I definitely should take my pickup when I go to get mine. Actually, I have located two, but at one of the stores they will not budge on the price of $388, whereas the other store has it at the clearance price. Unfortunately, it is much further away but definitely closer than $284 in gas even in my old pickup.
    Don't be stupid, the universe is watching.

Comment

• PALefty
      Established Member
      • Feb 2006

kleefully (Tampa, FL)
      hobkirk (Acton, MA) n/a
      kalack (unknown)
      DaveStL (Florissant, MO)
      vanguard (San Diego, CA)
      NJFrank (NJ)

With the exception of hobkirk would hasn't picked up his yet.. there has to be at least one person willing to scan his/her receipt for the rest of us. Share the good fortune.. please!!!

at least post the store and number so I can try and have them call to verify...

(only 3 more hours until I can go back.. no receipts no sale)

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2005
        • York, PA, USA.

Jeff, only been here since 09/06 but I like it. .
        Wow, that first line ending in "yet" is pure central PA dialect. You have caught on quickly. The reason I asked is because my step son spoke proper English until he entered school. Now he ends every other sentence with a preposition. If you just moved here I am sure you have caught the "Can I get your drink awhile?" or "would you like your eggs with cheese in?".
        And they wonder why central PA is scoring so low on the written portion of standardized tests! LOL!

Back to business. We should really post a faq at the top of bargin alerts, including instructions to post receipt. Enough people have gotten this thing that at least one should be able to post a receipt.

If not I'll just wait and go get the one you have your eye set on in Mechanicsburg! LOL! Seriously, I have called 27 stores surrounding York, PA and have not found one. Can you make sure your Mechanicsburg store does not have two? I didn't call since you had spoken for the one in stock. It is hard to believe that is the only one in central and eastern PA.

Comment

• psal2
          Established Member
          • Mar 2005
          • Mechanicsburg, PA, USA.

Hey, I am original from Philly and still say "djaeat" (uh, did you eat) but that is another story. If I were to make sure that every comment was gramatically correct, I wouldn't be able to respond to them all (LOL) and then who would really want to read them.

My real job requires that I write "real good" so when I do not have to, I don't.

Also, Camp Hill store here sold the floor model for 369.97 - 10% about a month ago. I can't find one either.
          Thanks,
          Pete

Comment

• onedash
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2005
            • Maryland
            • Craftsman 22124

I have found that calling sears does NO good. I called three stores once for the router table all said no. A week later I was in the store and there one sat on the shelf. brand new in box.
            YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.

Comment

• PALefty
              Established Member
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
              Back to business. We should really post a faq at the top of bargin alerts, including instructions to post receipt. Enough people have gotten this thing that at least one should be able to post a receipt.

If not I'll just wait and go get the one you have your eye set on in Mechanicsburg! LOL! Seriously, I have called 27 stores surrounding York, PA and have not found one. Can you make sure your Mechanicsburg store does not have two? I didn't call since you had spoken for the one in stock. It is hard to believe that is the only one in central and eastern PA.

I'll second that!

I haven't had much luck in Sears around here. Couldn't find the pro fence they had a little while ago for a steal.. and could not find the router table stand either. Missed out on the deal of the year with the Zipcode saw at Sears Essentials too.

Comment

• Divot
                Forum Newbie
                • Oct 2005
                • Pittsburgh, PA, USA.

Originally posted by PALefty
                kleefully (Tampa, FL)
                hobkirk (Acton, MA) n/a
                kalack (unknown)
                DaveStL (Florissant, MO)
                vanguard (San Diego, CA)
                NJFrank (NJ)

With the exception of hobkirk would hasn't picked up his yet.. there has to be at least one person willing to scan his/her receipt for the rest of us. Share the good fortune.. please!!!

at least post the store and number so I can try and have them call to verify...

(only 3 more hours until I can go back.. no receipts no sale)
                I have yet to pick mine up also, therefore no receipt to scan. However, here is the store that has the price in their system @ $104:

1500 W CHESTNUT ST
                WASHINGTON CROWN CTR
                WASHINGTON, PA 15301
                (724)250-2085

You might have your store call the one above. Good luck!

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2005
                  • York, PA, USA.

Hey, I am original from Philly and still say "djaeat" (uh, did you eat) but that is another story. If I were to make sure that every comment was gramatically correct, I wouldn't be able to respond to them all (LOL) and then who would really want to read them.

My real job requires that I write "real good" so when I do not have to, I don't.

Also, Camp Hill store here sold the floor model for 369.97 - 10% about a month ago. I can't find one either.
                  "djaeat" never saw it spelled out before. That was a common one in the South. I lived in NC my whole life before moving to Central PA. I was just astounded by the incrediably poor spoken and written English, especially after every person from the North laughed at our Southern accents. The thing is I never experienced anyone writing in Southern ie ya'll, etc. Here in central PA the teachers don't correct the kids for ending sentences in prepositions as they do it themselves! When I tell my NINE YEAR OLD son to correct his sentence, he has no idea where to begin, as that is what they are teaching him in school!

As to these store selling the floor model for $369.97, have these buyers never heard of Grizzly, Yorkcraft, etc?

Comment

• vanguard
                    Established Member
                    • Jul 2005
                    • Brighton, MI, USA.
                    • Ridgid TS2400SL

I'd scan my reciept but it's at home. I can do so tomorrow if desired. As for the size, the box fit in the backseat of my '99 VW Jetta with the seats folded down.

Be sure to have some help at home to unload it though. It's heavy.

It did take some time for them to track the box down. At the University Towne Center store in San Diego, they apparently have two storage areas. The box was located in the "warehouse" area fronted by large item pickup. So I guess if your in the store, make them check. The box mine came in was plain cardboard and not flashy having no pictures of the tool etc.
                    Last edited by vanguard; 04-20-2006, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• psal2
                      Established Member
                      • Mar 2005
                      • Mechanicsburg, PA, USA.

Of course, I could use the shorter version of "djaeat", 'jeat'?

I also spent 6 years in Northern VA and when I came back to PA, everyone wanted to know why I talked Southern. I guess I easily adapt to an environment, especially one that I like.

I had an opportunity to get one of the 6" Yorkies at Wilkes for about $270 (floor model). I cut up all the credit cards years ago and if I can't pay cash, I don't need it or won't buy it. But that day, I didn't have the money and by the time payday came it was gone.

But there will be another somewhere, sometime down the road.
                      Thanks,
                      Pete

Comment

• PALefty
                        Established Member
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by vanguard
                        I'd scan my reciept but it's at home. I can do so tomorrow if desired.
                        thanks. I will know in a few hours if I had any luck.

Which store did you get yours at?

Comment

• jwaterdawg
                          • Aug 2005
                          • Washington, NC USA
                          • JET

I'll post my receipt later tonight after I pick it up on the way home from work. Score! Thanks to the original poster.
                          Don't be stupid, the universe is watching.

Comment

• PALefty
                            Established Member
                            • Feb 2006

Well, this is what I have to go on (or guess).. based on what I can gleen from the info posted....

1500 W CHESTNUT ST
                            WASHINGTON CROWN CTR
                            WASHINGTON, PA 15301
                            (724)250-2085

PARAMUS PARK
                            585 FROM RD
                            PARAMUS, NJ 07652
                            (201)967-0300

PENN CENTER/MONROEVILLE
                            3470 WILLIAM PENN HWY
                            PITTSBURGH, PA 15235
                            (412)824-800
                            or
                            300 S HILLS VLG
                            SOUTH HILLS VLG MALL
                            PITTSBURGH, PA 15241
                            (412)831-6599

FLORISSANT - HDWR
                            455 N HIGHWAY 67
                            FLORISSANT, MO 63031
                            (314)830-2877

7902 CITRUS PARK DR
                            TOWN CENTER MALL
                            TAMPA, FL 33625
                            (813)926-6054

San Diego, CA
                            TBD

Comment

• vanguard
                              Established Member
                              • Jul 2005
                              • Brighton, MI, USA.
                              • Ridgid TS2400SL

University Towne Ctr
                              4575 La Jolla Village Dr
                              San Diego, Ca 92122
                              (858)622-9300

Comment

• NJFrank
                                Established Member
                                • Jun 2003
                                • NJ, USA.

I would post my receipt, but don't have access to a scanner, sorry.

Sears Essentials
                                Hadley Road
                                South plainfield, NJ

They did tell me it was the last one they had.

Good Hunting

Comment

Working...