Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Loring,
    Thanks for two things -
    1. The offer. But, I spent enough time on it yesterday and am ready to discard it. It is already in a trash bag. And I am VERY happy with the new multi-stream Keurig. I didn't know that Keurig had introduced the multi-stream until my old one went on the blink. The new one and the flavor it brings out so well, that I am not going back.

2. While I hate that you had to go through that too, Your trials kinda confirms my suspicions that it was probably the pump. Years ago, I would have tested it, but not now. I got to the pump motor, but I didn't wish to go to the trouble of taking it out and testing it in a trial situation. All the electronics were working, the valves were clear and working, which left the pump motor.

Thanks again for the offer but I will pass.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• LCHIEN
      LCHIEN commented
      Editing a comment
      I doubt my pump is bad, Cuisineart has multitudes of QC issues, two samples leaked and another's programming locked up when doing descaling and never worked right again. I saved the parts from one out of curiosity and packrat-itis and now I am tripping over them,
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 04-18-2022, 02:48 AM.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

97th Birthday for my mom celebrated tonight. Chinese Banquet with ten courses including Peking Duck and Lobster

She got to hold her 4 month old great granddaughter. My friend suggested I call this first one "Hands of time".

Click image for larger version  Name:	P4173965.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.2 KB ID:	850105
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P4173993.jpg Views:	0 Size:	243.9 KB ID:	850106
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 04-22-2022, 07:17 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Chunking away at more of hte office remodel. I am doing something stupid on the filing cabinet but I like the look. I am using Behr stain as it was what Home Dpot had, and am applying it with a disposable junk brush. I got sidetracked for the day after brushing on a heavy coat on the first draywer and liked the look. I am now brushing the stuff on like paint and letting it set up. Takes about 2 to 3 days but once done, it looks awesome. So by mid / late week I will slide the filing cabinet in place and start filling it. The filing drawer in the desk is where I begin though... All of my tools still have their manuals, I am organziing them and filing them alphabetically.

Not WW related, but I am crusing the various shopping sites looking for an EZ Up Spectator instant canopy in Royal Blue. My now 15 year old EZ Up Pagoda (Same general design, but older features) is getting tattered and the top cloth is no longer available... Sigh...

It was on Friday, but I returned the replacement regulator / filter after I found the suitable diaphragm and rebuilt the Central Pnuematic unit. The Amazon one was hard to adjust right out of the box, and just, persnickety.

Continuing with hte spring cleaning / reorganization of the home office / studio. My wife does not like the dark desk in the bright room, but I love it. I think she wants to swipe my desk for her use in the other room...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Replaced the broken smt slide. Need to make alignment tweaks.

Defrosted some previously BBQed greek seasoned leg of lamb, minced up a nice meditteranean salad, heated up some Garlic Naan and Saag Paneer, I kjnow Greek, BBQ and Indian aren't the same thing, but still good.... I guess I could wash it down with a Weiss Bier....
        Last edited by dbhost; 04-22-2022, 08:11 PM.
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Overthinking the dowel making challenge.
          Must not have enough to do (don't tell the wife)
          Click image for larger version

Name:	P4220987.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	850268

https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...252#post850252

Blew all the oak tree catkins off the roof and gutters over the garage. Now they are in my hair. Hurray for compressed air!

On the down side the Hitachi hose I patched blew out in another spot. Pulled the connectors off and tossed in the garbage.
          Last edited by LCHIEN; 04-22-2022, 08:41 PM.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

Pulling all the totes, drawers and other stuff stored in the back bedroom out. I have some audio equipment that still needs to come out, taking a break now. Anyway once the floor is cleared, will rip out the carpet, pull the tack strips and fill the divots. Prepping for installing the laminate flooring. Filling nail holes and such in the walls and preping for paint. Will paint the room prior to laying down the floor.

Wife is starting a fully remote job in a bit over a week, so we are going to be rushing to finish the room, move the desk and desk chair in, and throwing an area rug down for the chair to roll on to avoid wearing the laminate out...

Comment

• leehljp
              Just me
              • Dec 2002
              • Tunica, MS
              • BT3000/3100

I installed an automatic water filler for my new Keurig last night. Works great! The new multi-stream Keurig really brings the flavor of the coffee out, and now no more filling when LOML has two or three cups or family comes. I don't know why people will make a K-cup coffee and not fill it after use! Auto fill is great and it did not overfill or leak. It does have adjustable float levels for fill levels.

Recently, I was able to help a guy run the plumbing to a new rural church build (3000 sq ft) and he used PEX with a lot of Shark Bite fittings. This autofill system for my Keurig has 1/4" OD tubing with the Shark Bite type of connections. These things are great - plug in, push the ring in and pull out the tube. No leak either. Who ever invented the Shark Bite type of technology did a wonderful thing. Love it!
              Hank Lee

Comment

• Jim Frye
                Jim Frye commented
                Editing a comment
                Ah, Shark Bite! Our new home is completely plumbed with PEX. After we moved in, I added a large cartridge two stage filter for the kitchen sink and refrigerator. That meant buying PEX tools and fittings to put a T in the cold water line. WOW! what an improvement. When they took lead out of plumbing solder, I lost my ability to successfully join copper plumbing. Some day I'm going to have to buy a powered PEX clamp though. Probably a Ryobi One+ 18 volt to go with all of the batteries I have.

• leehljp
                leehljp commented
                Editing a comment
                Jim, when I first heard of PEX, I thought, oh, just another different medium from PVC, which I was never really cared about even though I used it in small sections and in helping others. But when I saw how easy it was with PEX and the shark bite connectors, I was sold! Yep, I have been looking at PEX crimp tools too.

• capncarl
                capncarl commented
                Editing a comment
                PEX could be the most important improvement in plumbing industry, considering all of the crappy faucets and fixtures on the market now! All of the underground utility wiring we see going in on the sides of the road is being directional bored PEX or something simular, as is gas and water piping! I had a project at a previous employer that absolutely wanted a drinking water fountain in a hallway in the center of a large building. That was going to require saw cutting the concrete floor for aprox 100 ft through many people who thought they were important’s precious carpeted offices to get the drain pipe to a proper connection. A contractor I was showing the job to suggested directional boring it, so we visited another job he was doing a simular job. He bored from the outside of the building near the main sewer pipe, around several large interior building columns and other utility piping and came up in a 12”x12” square cut in the hallway under where the drinking fountain was to be mounted! Unbelievable what can be done with PEX!
            • LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

The clothes dryer has not been working well at all this week.

I wondered if the vent hose was blocked.

Well, on investigation, the house painters a week ago painted the vent louver blades shut tight.

Had to clean that up and score the paint between the louvers, and around the pivots and clean the lint out of the pivots.
              Last edited by LCHIEN; 04-24-2022, 01:01 AM.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• capncarl
                capncarl commented
                Editing a comment
                Well at least you didn’t do like most millennials would do, just go buy a new one. That reminds me of another funny work story!
            • leehljp
              Just me
              • Dec 2002
              • Tunica, MS
              • BT3000/3100

I finished my Dado Circular saw. Link with pictures here: https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...ado-frankensaw

I have been wanting to make that for ages, well since last fall. I knew that the one item that was holding me back was a "special spacer that I had to custom make so that it would allow the semi-circular hole washer to fit over and clamp the blade to the shaft. I started off with a 5/8" aluminum spacer, 5/16 hole. I had to guesstimate the length needed, cut it off and file the shoulders to match the shape of the shoulder washer that clamps the blade on.

Did it and the fun begins now.
              Hank Lee

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

Painted the ceiling in the back bedroom / wifes home office yesterday. Painted the walls just now. I see spots that were missed but I will go back after the paint has dried and touch them up. I.E. spots the roller got dry... We have a meetup with our small group today so I am kind of running out of time to do work on the house, need to shower soon as I have Behr Pecan Sandie paint in my hair right now...

I have to finish up some drywall patch sanding in the closet ceiling and get texture on that before I can paint in there...

Pulling the carpet and tack strip Monday so I can have it on the curb for heavy trash pickup. I already have the concrete patch and a couple of disposable putty knives to apply it. Once the walls are done, and carpet / tack strips are out, my wife wil paint the trim while I take the doors off and paint them / swap to the new paddle handle knob sets that replace my now 38 uear old buliders grade tulip knob sets that I have hated since day 1...

Once all the paint is dry, I am going to place the underlayment, drag the miter saw in there, and get the laminate flooring laid down.

Then she wants me to swap the rest of the outlets with Decora outlets as the old almond roundish ones well, don't match the rest of the house. And THEN I get to move the computer armoire (temorary) into the room and them get her work computer off of my desk so I can get mine set up right instead of in the bedroom...

Honestly my company doesn't care, cameras off situation so I can literally work from out in the shop if I could keep it cool enough... I suspect I would be distracted there...

Comment

• leehljp
                  Just me
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Tunica, MS
                  • BT3000/3100

Spent two hours fine tuning the dado circular saw to two different board sizes. THAT was a learning experience, and that is why some people write down notes of different varieties of board thicknesses and which shims to use for each. 3/4" plywood is undersized by about 1/64", but my 40+ year old reclaimed yellow pine is slightly more than 3/4. Got the saw set for my yellow pine for now.
                  Hank Lee

Comment

• LCHIEN
                    Internet Fact Checker
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Katy, TX, USA.
                    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Woo Hoo! Got my new branding iron plate today

Name:	P4301005.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	850409

Name:	P4301007.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	850408
                    Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• capncarl
                      capncarl commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Now that’s a nice looking brand!

• dbhost

dbhost
                      commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That looks awesome! A lot to be said about a simplified design...
                  • capncarl
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2007
                    • Leesburg Georgia USA
                    • SawStop CTS

Just went to my Covid delayed 50 year high school class reunion. 2 years late. The lady that organized it did a great job, you go Red! Since nearly everyone in the class turned 70 it was labeled as our 70th birthday bash. Good attendance and great weather with lots of friends meeting again. It was scary how many of our classmates are no longer with us, and how many more won’t be here for the next reunion!

Comment

• LCHIEN
                      LCHIEN commented
                      Editing a comment
                      High School class of '70? mine too!
                  • twistsol
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
                    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Grandpa is on the job.

Name:	AEAFAB9D-F9E8-4E0D-A541-7E344F39DABB.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	850416
                    Chr's

Comment

• LCHIEN
                      LCHIEN commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Spaghetti? That's a fun clean up between the child, the chair and the floor. Hope you had fun!
                  • LCHIEN
                    Internet Fact Checker
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Katy, TX, USA.
                    • BT3000 vintage 1999

First I was going to make a picture frame using my 45 degree BT3 miter jig.

So Cut all the pieces
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	P5041022.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.5 KB ID:	850578

So I made some additional miter clamps.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200829_211637crop.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.8 KB ID:	850575

Then those were falling all over the place with no place to keep them, so I made a box to keep them together

Click image for larger version  Name:	P5051035.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.1 KB ID:	850573

Then I assembled the frames. Turns out, the frame sides were too short and I could only use one set at a time on the sides to do all four corners at one time. So I could not use the extras miter clamping jigs I made

Click image for larger version  Name:	P5041026.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.1 KB ID:	850574
                    And that's why it takes so long to do anything.
                    Last edited by LCHIEN; 05-06-2022, 06:57 PM.
                    Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

Working...