No announcement yet.

Here we go again ... New Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I have two 60Weq LEDs in the bare sockets of the original lighting circuit in the garage that also powers a few outlets These are always on when I'm in the shop and no major tools are on this circuit So I'll always have some lighting.
    The additional 6 or 7 four-foot shop lamps (now a mix of LED and fluorescents) are on another circuit.
    I installed a about 5 more circuits, all 120 V 20 A.
    • dust collector
    • air compressor
    • Table saw and other power tools (I figure I'm not using them at the same time)
    • Air cleaner
    • other tools
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 09-15-2020, 10:44 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Originally posted by twistsol View Post

Finally the most exciting part for me since for the first time in my life, I won't need to go to another building to use the restroom. The bathroom plumbing
      So essential! My last shop was a detached 2 car garage, and while it was a nice space, the back and forth to the house--not just for the bathroom--was the biggest pain especially if you really needed to go but it was raining outside and the shoes would have to come off first, etc. The house we bought now has a large attached 2 car garage and when you step into the house, the powder room is right there and the kitchen just a few feet further.

Speaking of electrical, what's your plan for running electrical to your equipment in the middle of the room? Overhead drops or cords on the floor?

Comment

Originally posted by atgcpaul View Post
        Speaking of electrical, what's your plan for running electrical to your equipment in the middle of the room? Overhead drops or cords on the floor?
        I thought about adding power for overhead drops, but since we will eventually sell this house, (sooner rather than later if the MN politicians don't get their crap together) I decided against it. It's also why I put the outlets at the normal 12" from the floor rather than the 42" which would be preferable for a shop.

For the table saw and the ShopSmith, I run power through a 10 gauge extension cord zip tied to the dust collection piping. That gets added after the final inspections. The CT33 has power and dust collection on the boom for all things Festool. I'll run the cord for that across the floor in an industrial cord guard that can be driven over very similar to this one on Amazon. That leaves the workbench which doesn't see power tools very often, but when it does, a retractable cord reel will be attached to a nearby outlet.
        Chr's

Comment

Just passed the electrical rough in inspection. HVAC guy is coming to install the mini split system on the 29th and then I'm ready for the next round of inspections.
          Chr's

Comment

Working...
          X