• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Finished filling in the tack strip divots in the back room. Letting the concrete patch dry. There are high spots that I simply do NOT care about right now in the closet.Wife will be taping the moldings off tomorrow and I will get in after her vacuum it up one last time and get after it with the concrete porch and floor paint, let it dry overnight, then get after the trim. Need to go pick up an area rug, and then Monday it all gets moved in. The doors still need a repaint but I can do that after move in...

Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Finished painting the closet, waiting for the paint to dry. Having fiber internet installed to replace my overpriced and unreliable cable internet. Unfortunately the fiber that was already run to the back of hte house, was run broken so the poor guy has the pull a new fiber. Sorry...

I did NOT want the Fireedition TV as I already have one, so I am going with the 1 gig speed which is more than enough for my wife and I to both remote work, and stream... And it is just over 1/3 of the cost of cable, and it is symtrical speeds instead of asymetrical. And to top it off, reportely it actually gets a gig up and down instead of 500mb if I am lucky...

The grinding platform arrived, will futz with that later.

Took wife out for Chilequiles.

AC in the car died. discovered compressor clutch wasn't cycling. Followed the circuit and discovered the compressor clutch relay had gotten cooked over the years of heavy use. Ordered one up yesterday and tapping on the old one got it to work for about an hour, then out again, Swapped the AC clutch and high beams relays around (same part) as I don't need the high beams next to ever, and sure won't before Rock Auto delivers on Thursday...

It is awfully darnged hot right now, just glad ERCOT didn't decide to shut our power down this weekend like they were talkinga bout on Wednesday.
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Touched up some paint not thick enough spots in the new 2nd home office, Not going to bother swapping outlets this week as I simply do not have time. Next weekends project is to swap to Decora outlets.

Did the grocery shopping, in Houston Metro with a car that has recently failed AC, troubleshooting the AC system, clutch not engaging correctly. Refrigerant pressure switch kicks on and off with a gentle tap of a screwdriver, looks like I found my faulting component. Went to AutoZone and they gave me the wrong part. Looked through their application guide, no joy...

Returning it tomorrow. Ordered the right one on Amazon.

I did manage to get the manifold gauges and hoses put back in the case and the case needs to be cleaned up a bit, lots of dust on it...

Oh yeah, ran the recording engineer position for our church this morning. Hope I didn't mess up too bad as I was half dead for the first service, 2nd service was better...

Moving desk filing cabinet, and office chair into 2nd office tomorrow. PUtting throw rugs down, and putting box fan in corner. Ceiling fan mount is apparently too lose after the Zigbee controller install. It worked its way loose and is hanging by one screw. You guessed it, later on in the week. Not enough time before we MUST go live...

Her laptop, monitor, keyboard etc. are getting moved over with a UPS tomorrow night and mine gets moved into this office immediately following so I can be ready for Tuesdays work day...

More to come!

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Mom 97 and in the hospital for pain and complications from a fall. Spent a lot of time at the hospital the past few days

Watched the blood moon last night, got this quickie photo.
          Eclipse a lot dimmer than regular sun-lit moon. Took a 2.5 sec exposure at ISO 1000 f7.1
          Digital crop, OM-D EM10 with Panasonic Leica 100-400 zoom.
          I see I had a bit of camera shake, when I pressed the release, should have used the self timer. The telescopic magnification was so much that I cold see the moon walking across my screen clearly.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	P5150961A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.2 KB ID:	850727
          Last edited by LCHIEN; 05-16-2022, 09:46 AM.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• capncarl
            capncarl commented
            Editing a comment
            We were planning on watching the eclipse after we watched the ISS streak past but the first rain clouds I’ve seen in a month decided to block everything out. I couldn’t even find where the moon was before the eclipse. There was a second ISS passing at 4 am but I didn’t see much point. The clouds were gone this morning and took their rain with them!
        • dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

LCHIEN sorry to hear about your mom, but awesome to know she is still here at 97! You are a lucky man... Nice lunar photo BTW...

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

Today was a crazy busy day work wise. Spent some time after work in Sketchup knocking out the basic drawers I have for size dimensions etc... for my lathe cabinet / tool storage bench.

I am planning on starting the build for that in June, I just want the basic dimensions down so I can start sourcing up materials for the build. The idea is basic plywood box, 2x4 butcher block top, ballast compartment on the bottom, and figure out how to make it happy on a mobile base. I am figuring on a 400lb capacity Bora mobile base kit to give me the mobility I want with this thing...

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

Rented a pod to store all the crap we have to move to have part of the house retiled and painted. Because the Garage is full of woodworking stuff.

I found these scattered around the inside of the container - metric sockets 4, 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5 and 7mm and 9/32" and 5/32". I've never seen 5.5 and 6.5 mm head sockets. My sets do have 4,5,6,7 mm and I imagine I"ve never even used those.
              Taiwan. by Allied.

Oh well, found stuff is so interesting.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_28157.jpg Views:	3 Size:	131.8 KB ID:	850852

Pretty nasty at first but a cycle in the HF Ultrasonic cleaner with some heat and dish soap cleaned them right up (after the pic above).
              Last edited by LCHIEN; 05-21-2022, 02:21 AM.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by LCHIEN
                Rented a pod to store all the crap we have to move to have part of the house retiled and painted. Because the Garage is full of woodworking stuff.

I found these scattered around the inside of the container - metric sockets 4, 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5 and 7mm and 9/32" and 5/32". I've never seen 5.5 and 6.5 mm head sockets. My sets do have 4,5,6,7 mm and I imagine I"ve never even used those.
                Taiwan. by Allied.

Oh well, found stuff is so interesting.

Click image for larger version Name:	image_28157.jpg Views:	3 Size:	131.8 KB ID:	850852

Pretty nasty at first but a cycle in the HF Ultrasonic cleaner with some heat and dish soap cleaned them right up (after the pic above).
                I've seen decimal metrics on the Snap On truck when I worked as a mechanic. Oddly enough in the 10 years I did that job, I never once saw a need for them. I have worked on all manner of Domestics and Imports that were avaialble up to the mid / late 90s including Italian exotics. HOWEVER, doing a google search, it looks like newer (than my pro mechanic experience) vehicles, notably Chrysler products with the 2.6L V6 used the X.5mm sized bolts in various applications. Honestly I am pretty sure most mechanics would force 1/4" to work...

Comment

• LCHIEN
                  LCHIEN commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was excited when I found them but now I'm not. Sizes I will probably never use.

• dbhost

dbhost
                  commented
                  Editing a comment
                  THey make great conversation starters, and for that occasional freakish bolt size you know you have it covered!

• capncarl
                  capncarl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I like that these sockets are 6 point and not apt to round off the head of the bolt.
              • dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

Apparently my new wet / dry vac is being shipped in 2 separate shipments. The first is apparently the sound supressor / diffuser that arrived today. The vac is supposed to be here Tuesday.

I also ordered the Kreg bandsaw fence from Amazon. The Craftsman fence is making me utter words the neighbors kids do not need ot hear. Oddly enough, Amazon primee order 2 days ago, and delivery estimate is June1, the price is going up. I am gonna find Mr. Bezos and give him a piece of my mind if the price I get charged goes up because they are slow filling orders...

Comment

• dbhost
                  Slow and steady
                  • Apr 2008
                  • League City, Texas
                  • Ryobi BT3100

Assembled the new Rigid wet / dry vac, went to HD and grabbed a fresh OSHA kit for it (HEPA filter and bags), starting the cleanup of the old unit for sale.It won't be spotless, but it will be reasonably clean...

Comment

• twistsol
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
                    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

A couple of weekends ago I took the truck and trailer to Sioux Falls to help my niece move into her first apartment. Couches and bed and an excessive number of Amazon boxes were stored at my daughter's house and then went to her dorm and moved everything out of there in about 15 minutes.

Yesterday afternoon, I spent about two hours with the pressure washer getting all the bugs off the front of the truck and trailer from the Sioux falls trip. Then upgraded the website.

Last weekend, yard work at daughter #2's house, removed dishwasher pending installation of new one, and pressure washed their house.

This weekend it is up to daughter #3's house in Superior, WI to repair main deck and add rails to the stairs, build a new front deck and stairs and repair garage doors. Thank goodness this is a three day weekend.

Someday I'll get back to working on the cabinets for my office. Hopefully before I retire.

Chr's

Comment

• dbhost
                      Slow and steady
                      • Apr 2008
                      • League City, Texas
                      • Ryobi BT3100

Spent some quality time with the air compressor blowing out the HEPA filter and underside of the powerhead on my old 12 gallon Ridgid wet / dry vac, and wiped down the entire thing to at least try to clean it up.

Still doing plenty of shop cleanup. Wife still spending plenty of time jettisoning things she no longer thinks belong in the house out there and it turns to clutter....

I need a piece of land big enough I can have a shop at least 100yds away from the house so it will discourage her from using my shop as a junk pile.

Back to what I have been doing. Fixed broken picket back to the fence. Need to get some new pickets.

Sorted though totes / boxes to find the original set of vac bags I bought that made me discover my original incompatibility.

Cleaned up the space under the dust collector and using it as a compartment to stow dust collector and shop vac dust bags. Win win...

Chucked the mega cooler up in the attic

Sorted through lumber racks and rearranged one of them. I REALLY need a way to better organize materials...
                      Last edited by dbhost; 05-24-2022, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• twistsol
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
                        • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

The neighbor is cutting out some sod to put in a sandbox and swing set, so my wife and I just loaded it all into the truck. I'll lay it out in the big dirt spot at the kids house on Thursday night rather than starting from seed. Does this count as a project from reclaimed materials?
                        Chr's

Comment

• jussi
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2007

Started the process of replacing the cutter head on my planer to a helical head. If notice some frost on the cutter head that’s because I put it in the freezer overnight to get the bushing to seat. Unfortunately I couldn’t finish it today and will have to get back to it later this week when I have free time.
                          Attached Files
                          I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• dbhost
                            Slow and steady
                            • Apr 2008
                            • League City, Texas
                            • Ryobi BT3100

Found a solution to the desk problem that does not require I build a new desk from scratch in a hurry. Basically a flat top steel and MDF L shaped desk with a total run of 95". The push behind this is my work laptop uses 2 exterman and the built in monitor, and my own decktop with its 32" monitor and my mixing obard / microphone get in the way. Basicaly the hutch and built in filing cabinet are killing me, and my wife can use this desk in her office...

I grabbed one of those articulating dual monitor mounts, and assembled that, sadly the enw desk delivery deate since it will ship freight, won't be here until the 6th. THat gives me time to finish fixing paint in her office yay!

I got the new vacuum pump for AC work in today. Got it oiled and just ran out of oomph to finish up the break in / prep. Will finish it most likely Saturday...

Waiting for delivery of the compressor / receiver dryer and expansion valve for my car so I can get the AC working again. Yay me... This should prove to be fun. And working on some training materials for work...

Tonight is give the stinky dog a bath and touch up the texture / paint in the 2nd home office night. WFH is honestly a lot easier for the 2 of us with spare bedrooms, hower once the master suite is remodelled, I will likely move her desk and computer setup into the master (It's more than big enough)
                            Last edited by dbhost; 05-25-2022, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Working...