• Show
Clear All
  • Ed62
    The Full Monte
    • Oct 2006
    • NW Indiana
    • BT3K

Am I bad for the site?

This is the first time I've been called for making inappropriate posts like this. On another thread, a member said "Out of all of the members on this forum you post what can be considered the most incendiary comments on a regular basis."
    I would like to know how the rest of the membership feels about this. If you feel the above quote is right, please let me know. I'll go away quietly. Thanks for the input either way. I don't want to be somewhere I shouldn't be. You don't even have to say how you feel. Just use the poll if you'd rather.

Ed
    Yes. Your posts are inappropriate
    4.76%
    No. You're welcome here.
    76.19%
    Don't worry about it. We all make mistakes.
    19.05%
    Last edited by Black wallnut; 12-19-2008, 04:07 PM. Reason: clean up
    Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/
  • DUD
    Royal Jester
    • Dec 2002
    • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Ed

I don't have a problem with You or anyone else on this site. I didn't read the other post so I can't comment on that. I know that sometimes We all get a little overboard with a comment that rankles, I try to ingnore them. If You want to go to the page and check ignore and that persons comments will not be available for You to read. Bill
    5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• Ed62
      The Full Monte
      • Oct 2006
      • NW Indiana
      • BT3K

Thanks Bill. I don't like to use the ignore function. I'd rather get honest input for things like this.

Ed
      Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• phrog
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2005
        • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

I've never noticed anything inappropriate about your posts. I certainly hope you stay on this board. I look forward to reading all posts, not just those that echo my own personal feelings. Sometimes people can misconstrue statements and you shouldn't feel bad about their misconceptions. Stay onboard!
        Richard

EDIT: I've now seen the original post and can only say that Barak Obama himself has made light of the fact that he looks different than the other Presidents. It was a joke, folks.
        Last edited by phrog; 12-19-2008, 09:53 AM.
        Richard

Comment

• cgallery
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2004
          • Milwaukee, WI
          • BT3K

I'm not going to judge what is in the heart of any member based on a single post.

Comment

• RAFlorida
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2008
            • Green Swamp in Central Florida. Gator property!
            • Ryobi BT3000

Ed, I enjoy reading your posts and

replies. Don't sweet it; stay with us.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
              The Full Monte
              • May 2007
              • Sunshine State
              • BT3000

Ed, I checked out your "eye chart post"... Although the cartoon might be considered by some to be racially insensitive, I'm sure you, me, and most others view it as simple humor. I did not read anything sinister or incendiary in it, nor can I remember any post from you that seemed that way. Quite the contrary, you seem to be very supportive of others. Perhaps it was just taken the wrong way. It's tough to get inside of peoples' heads sometimes. If we all felt and thought exactly the same about everything, then conversation would be both boring and pointless. I wouldn't sweat it unless the mods tell you otherwise, and I don't think it will be so.

Comment

• Mar 2004
                • Northern NJ, USA.
                • BT3100

If you're bad for the site, I maybe should put my own poll up too!

I've since seen the post from which this was generated, and I gotta agree with others that I immediately took it as humor, not negativity. Yeah, it pushes the envelope, but humor ain't funny if it doesn't tweak a nerve. And, it is true that the man is black. If we can't recognize differences (without attaching anything negative to them), we're done.
                A Man is incomplete until he gets married ... then he's FINISHED!!!

Comment

• MikeMcCoy
                  • Nov 2004
                  • Moncks Corner, SC, USA.
                  • Delta Contractor Saw

I saw the post and can see how it might bother some but I'm of a similar heritage as the subject in question and it didn't bother me.

Comment

• dkerfoot
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2004
                    • Holland, Michigan
                    • Craftsman 21829

This isn't a democracy. It is a benevolent dictatorship.

If you get feedback from individuals that an individual post may have been inconsiderate or insensitive, I think as a good person it makes sense to consider if the complaint has merit and act accordingly.

But as far as staying or going, that is up to the Mods. By putting it up to a "vote" you are asking us to weigh in on one side or the other. Personally, I think a much healthier way for dealing with it would be for the two of you to discuss it via PM.

For that reason, I am declining to "vote"

Doug Kerfoot
                    "Sacrificial fence? Aren't they all?"

Smaller, Smarter Hardware Keyloggers
                    "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
                    KeyLlama.com

Comment

• lebomike
                      Established Member
                      • Jan 2008
                      • Pennsylvania
                      • Ryobi BT3000

I think you do just fine Ed. I saw the comment and thought that some people need to lighten up. I like the original question, it won't be the last like that for sure.
                      Kepp em coming man.
                      Mike
                      "The power of kindness is immense. It is nothing less, really, than the power to change the world."

Comment

• LCHIEN
                        Internet Fact Checker
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Katy, TX, USA.
                        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Ed, i notice you like to provoke discussion. I would say incendiary is a bit of s atrong choice of words.

I don't think its my place to vote people off the island. It's not survivor.
                        Everyone should understand the board rules about off-topics (religion and politics) and propriety and post accordingly.
                        Loring in Katy, TX USA
                        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• capncarl
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2007
                          • Leesburg Georgia USA
                          • SawStop CTS

Ed
                          Living in the south, I expected to see a reply like this. I would hope that our new president will bring an end to the reverse descrimination and civil right crutch that we seen now. Next year this will be a common picture in all of our school history books. I hope he will be the best president ever, and create new standards for everyone to live up to, cause there are not any outstanding role models for our youth to look up to.
                          All I would say about the reply is, get over it.
                          capncarl

Comment

• footprintsinconc
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2006
                            • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
                            • BT3100

ed,

people just need to take a chill pill. dont sweet it. i dont even know what the post is, but his statement (last part) certainly isnt true.

keep posting!

EDIT: ok, i went and searched for the post and found it funny as well. but then again, there are those who may get offended. he is entitled to post his objection, and you replied to his post in a good manner and considered his objection. so i think the whole thing was handled fine. like tom said, with over 4000 post, a blanket statement isnt fair either.
                            Last edited by footprintsinconc; 12-19-2008, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• TB Roye
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2004
                              • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                              • BT3100

ED

I saw the post and said to myself, " That is going to fire some body up" I wan't offended but I could see where some might be. I did chuckle as I did see some humor in it. For someone who has over 4000 posts and gets called for one that isn't too bad. I have had a couple of posts deleted and looking back can understand why. Hang around your good for the group. They way things are in this country right now it is a wonder that the Forum is still civil, which shows the maturity of the members.

Tom
                              Last edited by TB Roye; 12-19-2008, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Working...