• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stormdog74
    Established Member
    • Mar 2007
    • Sacramento, CA
    • Ridgid TS3650

I wouldn't worry about it, Ed. In fact I had no idea what post brought this on, and I had actually seen the post! I actually took it as meaning we finally have someone who looks different as our president - and that is a good thing. So, I didn't see it as negative in the slightest.

There are always people who will take things the wrong way - especially in "email" format.

I do understand how you feel though. I have been teaching for almost twenty years and while most of my students seem to like me, every so often there is one who just doesn't and I have to admit it does bother me a little sometimes. But that is just the way things are - the only way to avoid it is to not post at all and we would have a really boring forum if that were the case!

Comment

• Pappy
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 (x2)

No vote here, Ed. The idea is ridiculous. Don't sweat it.
      Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
      Fools because they have to say something.
      Plato

Comment

• rcp612
        Established Member
        • May 2005
        • Mount Vernon, OH, USA.
        • Bosch 4100-09

Don't worry Ed, too many people today just don't see things as funny, they're way too busy trying to make everything political.
        I saw it as funny, my wife didn't,,, see what I mean??
        Keep posting and let the others decide not to read it if that's what they want.
        Do like you always do,,,,,,Get what you always get!!

Comment

• jackellis
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2003
          • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
          • BT3100

Ed, I'm not aware of the "offending" post so I have no idea what you might have written that teed someone off. I've never found your posts problematic - most of them are very entertaining. Personally, I stay away from ethnic and religious jokes because those are the ones that get touchy.

Comment

• 4estgump
            Established Member
            • Nov 2006
            • Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
            • Ryobi BT3000

ED,
            I don't post alot on here, but am on here just about every day. I read alot, but when i read something i see i'm not going to like i click off of it. Sounds to me like that is the option the other person has also. He or She just must have too much time on thier hands. Ed keep doing what you have allways done.
            4estgump

Comment

• Hellrazor
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2003
              • Abyss, PA
              • Ridgid R4512

Originally posted by Bruce Cohen
              Ed,

As my dear late mother used to say, "Screw 'em if they can't take a joke".
              This is my vote too.

Every joke has someone or a group who *could* be offended by it. This issue is a combination of - Welcome to our so called "PC society" and "the world revolves around me" mentallity. The thin skinned need to learn how to ignore things that they do not care for.

Comment

• Ed62
                The Full Monte
                • Oct 2006
                • NW Indiana
                • BT3K

Thanks very much for all the replies. I didn't expect to see more than a few.

Ed
                Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• massanutten
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Sep 2006

For the Eye test for older people? I read the thread which was banned - I don't understand the administrator's comment on personal attacks? I didn't read any. The administrator was right, if you don't like something, you don't have to reply to it.

Comment

• ironhat
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2004
                    • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
                    • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

Jeez, Ed. If you leave I don't know that I have the time or the physicality within me to come to your place to admire your work and get your valuable advice. Besides, for all the good that any of us do there's always going to be someone who doesn't see it with the same eyes. No harm - no foul, as far as I'm concerned. I'm glad that you're here!
                    Blessings,
                    Chiz

Comment

• Gary Lange
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Nov 2008
                      • Nixa, Missouri
                      • Grizzly 1023SL

I think the people that take offense to this are in the 14% that seems to rule!
                      We now have such prohibited things in our country such as:

No Pray spoken in Schools
                      The Ten Commandments removed from the court houses
                      In God We Trust taken off our money.
                      So help me God taken removed from the court as was the bible.
                      Stores don't wish you a Merry Christmas

What have we gained from these 14% that take offense to such things.
                      The shooting of children in our Schools
                      Crime running rampant in our Cities
                      Children not knowing the meaning of no

We the 86% which are the majority should be taking this country back. Put prayer back in the schools. In God We Trust back on our money. The Ten Commandments back in our Courts. When they step up to testify they put there hands on the Bible and swear to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me God. I welcome those to this country that are different and worship differently then we do. I do not take offense to them and welcome them with open arms. However, we do have a small percentage that take offense to this because they are not Christians. Well since I welcomed you to my Christian Country and take no offense to your way of worshiping then why do you take offense to mine.

To much we worry about being politically correct when in this country which was founded on the premise of "In God We Trust" we can't say it in public. Some3thing is very wrong with that. Much more then a little humor about picking out our 44th President.

Comment

• Stytooner
                        Roll Tide RIP Lee
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
                        • BT3100

Okay, I have been watching this some. I can only say , Stick around, as others have said.
                        That said, I feel this thread has surpassed it's life expectancy. Not because I don't agree with much that has been said, but the root is shooting off another branch toward the proverbial forbidden fruit tree.
                        Please remember that this is a World Wide Forum. Everyone of the same interests are welcome. World changing views are not what we are looking for here.
                        I urge everyone to contemplate whether a post is appropriate. Don't spend a lot of time on it. Just be considerate. Consider whether Sam intended this forum to contain something like you are about to post.
                        If so, feel free to post. If it's not right, it will get fixed.
                        There really should be no reason for a poll like this. If there is a problem, you will hear about it. Nothing personal except a PM.

Just a thought. Has the World ever been exactly what everyone wanted? I really don't think so. It's gonna take a bunch of work and THAT work has to take place OFF this forum.

This is a fantastic forum. I just want it to keep progressing and the only way to do this is to stick to the rules. If you have concerns about a subject, ask us. We are here!

In closing, this is the best place I have ever been associated with. I serve at the pleasure of Sam, so far as the forum goes.

I hope all Members and Family's have a Great Holiday.
                        Lee

Comment

• dbhost
                          Slow and steady
                          • Apr 2008
                          • League City, Texas
                          • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by Stytooner
                          I hope all Members and Family's have a Great Holiday.
                          And Happy Bob The Octopus Day to you too! Hope your Lava Lamp is working well!
                          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• stormdog74
                            Established Member
                            • Mar 2007
                            • Sacramento, CA
                            • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by Gary Lange
                            I think the people that take offense to this are in the 14% that seems to rule!
                            We now have such prohibited things in our country such as:

No Pray spoken in Schools
                            The Ten Commandments removed from the court houses
                            In God We Trust taken off our money.
                            So help me God taken removed from the court as was the bible.
                            Stores don't wish you a Merry Christmas

What have we gained from these 14% that take offense to such things.
                            The shooting of children in our Schools
                            Crime running rampant in our Cities
                            Children not knowing the meaning of no

We the 86% which are the majority should be taking this country back. Put prayer back in the schools. In God We Trust back on our money. The Ten Commandments back in our Courts. When they step up to testify they put there hands on the Bible and swear to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me God. I welcome those to this country that are different and worship differently then we do. I do not take offense to them and welcome them with open arms. However, we do have a small percentage that take offense to this because they are not Christians. Well since I welcomed you to my Christian Country and take no offense to your way of worshiping then why do you take offense to mine.

To much we worry about being politically correct when in this country which was founded on the premise of "In God We Trust" we can't say it in public. Some3thing is very wrong with that. Much more then a little humor about picking out our 44th President.
                            Wow! I don't know what to say to this - well, yes I do, but I will refrain as it is one of the few rules of this forum - we don't discuss religion or politics...

I think this thread has run its course as well - Ed, we, the vast majority of us, are happy you are with us. Now let's let this thread die as it is starting to get a bit out of hand.

Comment

• Gary Lange
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Nov 2008
                              • Nixa, Missouri
                              • Grizzly 1023SL

Seems to be at least one of the 14% here. God Bless America!

Comment

Working...