• Show
Clear All
  • herb fellows
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • New York City
    • bt3100

Originally posted by fergusburger
    Exactly what you said. I'm assuming that my display unit was assembled for show, not for operation. I'll be disassembling and reassembling this weekend according to the manual so that I am more confident with the setup and also to get a tally of any missing parts. If I had the choice between one in an undamaged box and the floor model, given in my case a $25 discount, I'd go with the box. One advantage of the floor model though is that most of the grease has already been removed from the bed and I don't have to hassle with disposing the packaging once it is assembled.

FB
    Not of this particular item, but oh yeah! The first thing I would do is check that ALL the parts are there. If they find a part they can't figure out in a couple of minutes, it ends up in the back of the storeroom!
    Next, I would maybe take a pic or two of the way they have it assembled, then take it apart and re-do it myself. If you really ger stuck, you can refer to the pics and see if they're any help, but I certainly wouldn't trust their judgement on what goes where, or for that matter how tight they made it. After all, their purpose is display, not running a tool at 3,000 rpm or better.
    You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• fergusburger
      Forum Newbie
      • Dec 2005
      • Stillwater, MN, USA.
      • BT3

Originally posted by newood2
      Hey FB, did you get the switch safety key(little yellow thingy), the 4 allen and 2 open end wrenches, the 2 push blocks. Seems these are miising on the floor model.
      Howie
      Yeah, the store had a heavy duty zip lock bag securely attached to the unit containing the parts noted above plus knives, manual in three languages and safety notices. So far I know I am missing part #55 on the schematic - lock lever on the infeed table. I read somewhere that Delta is good about supplying missing parts, but I don't know whether this extends to display units. Anyone have experience with this?

FB

Comment

• poolhound
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2006
        • Phoenix, AZ
        • BT3100

available in PHX

I had to go to 2 different Lowes today as I needed to find a part for my garage swamp cooler - what a waste of most of the day

I did however see that both of the stores I went to (bell/scottsdale & hayden/McDowell) had these jointers.

They didnt show the $200 ish price but as I was resisting the temptation I didnt want to ask. If there are any Phoenicians looking you could call them.
        Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
        techzibits.com

Comment

• Anthony
          Forum Newbie
          • Mar 2004
          • Brooklyn, NY, USA.

Originally posted by herb fellows
          Not of this particular item, but oh yeah! The first thing I would do is check that ALL the parts are there. If they find a part they can't figure out in a couple of minutes, it ends up in the back of the storeroom!
          Next, I would maybe take a pic or two of the way they have it assembled, then take it apart and re-do it myself. If you really ger stuck, you can refer to the pics and see if they're any help, but I certainly wouldn't trust their judgement on what goes where, or for that matter how tight they made it. After all, their purpose is display, not running a tool at 3,000 rpm or better.
          There really isnt a whole lot to set up with this item.
          most of my time went to putting the legstand together, and then a littl screwing around with the blade guard tensioning
          The fence is mostly put together.
          It IS a very cool tool however. I have reclaimed some lumber already with it, and have also used it to pare down some wood blocks to fill some odd voids on a porch repair/wainscot project.
          The power of this relatively low rpm blade makes me really want to think about getting a shaper for my molding creation attempts. I find the router route difficult.

Comment

• burrellski
            Established Member
            • Dec 2005
            • Saint Joseph, MO.

Lowes in St. Joseph, MO has at least one on the shelf and one display at the $200ish price.

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by fergusburger
              Yeah, the store had a heavy duty zip lock bag securely attached to the unit containing the parts noted above plus knives, manual in three languages and safety notices. So far I know I am missing part #55 on the schematic - lock lever on the infeed table. I read somewhere that Delta is good about supplying missing parts, but I don't know whether this extends to display units. Anyone have experience with this?

FB
              in my experince, delta customer service ahs always been pretty good.
              if not, that lock lever is a common hardware item available at many hardware stores and probably the like of Rockler and Woodcraft with the jig hardware.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• 1oppo
                Forum Newbie
                • Apr 2008

Delta Joiners

I was in the Lowes on Airport Blvd, in Pensacola this morning and there was one on the floor with a $202.00 price on it.

Ed

Comment

• phrog
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 2005
                  • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

The Hixson, Tennessee store (Chattanooga) had a floor model with a $202.95 price tag and at least one in the box as of yesterday (5-19-08).
                  Richard
                  Richard

Comment

• freshmeat
                    Handtools only
                    • Mar 2006

Superior, Colorado had one tagged for $203 this weekend (5/18)

Comment

• jax
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Dec 2007
                      • Fernandina Beach FL
                      • BT3000

No JT360s Left in JAX

I picked up the last one (Mandarin) in the Jax area last night. I checked all eight stores in the Jacksonville (FL) area. Two show up in the Phillips Hwy store inventory but they don't have one. The guy at the Phillips Hwy store said he remembers one going out yesterday and one was sent back to Delta. If you're looking for one in the Jax area you may have better luck looking in the Camden stores.

Comment

• seymoore2
                        Handtools only
                        • May 2008

Bargain Price Delta JT360

I too have seen the jointers on sale in various stores for $202-$313. I was in Kentucky this past week and saw one for $220.00. I asked the manager on duty if he would take $125.00 for it and he did. Now it is a matter of lugging this peice of machinery back to Florida. It's worth asking especially with times and money tight, they might just bite.

Comment

• Alex Franke
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2007
                          • Chapel Hill, NC
                          • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by seymoore2
                          I asked the manager on duty if he would take $125.00 for it and he did. Now it is a matter of lugging this peice of machinery back to Florida.
                          Wow, seymoore2 -- great score!
                          online at http://www.theFrankes.com
                          while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
                          "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• poolhound
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 2006
                            • Phoenix, AZ
                            • BT3100

Originally posted by seymoore2
                            I too have seen the jointers on sale in various stores for $202-$313. I was in Kentucky this past week and saw one for $220.00. I asked the manager on duty if he would take $125.00 for it and he did. Now it is a matter of lugging this peice of machinery back to Florida. It's worth asking especially with times and money tight, they might just bite.
                            What a deal, did he just cave or did you need to persuade him?

Either way could you post a readable copy of the receipt as others may be able to use that to try the same thing.

Was it the floor model or a boxed unit?
                            Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

• pcpope284
                              Handtools only
                              • Jun 2008

Guess what I paid

Today, at Lowes, the Delta JT360 was priced at $92.50, last one, already assembled. It was in my truck in 5 min. I'm glad I keep extra cash hidden in my wallet.

Comment

• poolhound
                                Veteran Member
                                • Mar 2006
                                • Phoenix, AZ
                                • BT3100

OMG - Great deal, at that price I would find a way to make some room in my garage for it.
                                Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

Working...