• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

OMG I am begining to hate this thread I would dearly love a full size jointer but I have no idea where I could put it. I make do right now with the delta benchtop. it cuts cleanly and I can get a dead on RA edge. It has a 28 or 30 inch table and I was thinking of building some extensions that can be used with a mobile multi-base I am building. Adding 10" to each end would get me a workable 48".

All I need to do is avoid going into a Lowes as I think if I do that I would walk out with a new jointer and nowhere for it to go.
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com

Comment

• herb fellows
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • New York City
      • bt3100

Ditto. Don't you just hate people with room?! :_)
      You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• Navycraig
        Forum Newbie
        • Aug 2006

Got it for $190.00 after using a $10.00 off coupon my wife had with her. Of course, I burned $30.00 in gas and spent another $25.00 on dinner, but it was fun getting a good deal. I'll put it together tonight and see what happens.
        Thanks for the helpful posts and education.
        Craig

Comment

• dlminehart
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2003
          • San Jose, CA, USA.

Got mine at the Dublin store. They still had the floor model, as did Livermore. Los Banos had a floor one and 2 boxed ones in stock. As for space, maybe I could disguise it as an ironing board, and escape the wife's wrath in the bargain!
          - David

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” -- Oscar Wilde

Comment

• TampaWood
            Handtools only
            • Feb 2006
            • Tampa, Fl,

After reading the posts for jointers for a long time and seen how many guys wish they should have purchased an 8”, 10” or 12” inch jointer I was going to do just that and wait until I could afford a 10” or 12” incher, but with such a good deal I could not pass it up.

After showing the manager the receipt that someone posted here for 202.95, the manager said he would match that and go $10 lower, I got my JT360 6” Jointer for $192.00 plus tax at the Loews on N. Dale Mabry, the only one left in that store is the floor model, I know they have a boxed one on S. Dale Mabry if you want to chase it. I bet if you took the receipt posted here earlier to the manager he let you walk out of there with a floor model for $120.00.

Thanks, I’ve always read the posts here and have gotten a many good deal thanks ya’ll.

Comment

• fergusburger
              Forum Newbie
              • Dec 2005
              • Stillwater, MN, USA.
              • BT3

I picked up the display model in a Minneapolis suburb for $175 today... not quite as good a deal as if it were $120 as TampaWood suggests above, but I'm not complaining. In fact, this post is perilously close to being a half price gloat.

As punishment I promise not to browse the Bargain Alert forum again for....well....a day or so.

- FB

Comment

• drunkcat
                Established Member
                • Sep 2004
                • Elgin IL
                • BTK

Can someone let me know if they see one of these for $203 in the Chicago area? I have checked 4 local stores and the lowest I can get is $300.

Thanks,
                scott

Comment

• profx
                  Established Member
                  • Apr 2007
                  • Twin Cites, MN

Originally posted by fergusburger
                  I picked up the display model in a Minneapolis suburb for $175 today... not quite as good a deal as if it were $120 as TampaWood suggests above, but I'm not complaining. In fact, this post is perilously close to being a half price gloat.

As punishment I promise not to browse the Bargain Alert forum again for....well....a day or so.

- FB
                  Which store? It will save me a trip if I know it is gone.

Comment

• fergusburger
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Dec 2005
                    • Stillwater, MN, USA.
                    • BT3

Originally posted by profx
                    Which store? It will save me a trip if I know it is gone.
                    Stillwater (Oak Park Heights).

- fb

Comment

• Navycraig
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Aug 2006

Got mine put together last night am in the "calibration" phase. Next step is to get the cutter knives aligned with the outfeed table and then to clean it up. Should be able to test it tonight.
                      While putting mine together, I thought about the "display model" situation and wondered if I would want one. While these machines are not the most complex in the world, I'm not sure if I would trust the assembly to the guys at MY Lowes. If I bought a display, I'm sure I'd go over the manual step by step and do a very good QA of the assembly and then do all of the calibrations myself once I was comfortable with the set up.
                      Has anyone had a bad experience with a display model?

Comment

• dlminehart
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2003
                        • San Jose, CA, USA.

Anyone have a recommendation for mobile base for this jointer? I'll have to tuck mine under something in order to make use of my single car garage space.
                        - David

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” -- Oscar Wilde

Comment

• LCHIEN
                          Internet Fact Checker
                          • Dec 2002
                          • Katy, TX, USA.
                          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by dlminehart
                          Anyone have a recommendation for mobile base for this jointer? I'll have to tuck mine under something in order to make use of my single car garage space.
                          I put mine on an HTC2000 I got for about $45 at Amazon when on sale.
                          Table Saw, bandsaw, Jointer all on HTC2000s. Adds less than an inch to the overall height.
                          Loring in Katy, TX USA
                          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Anthony
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Mar 2004
                            • Brooklyn, NY, USA.

Jointer assembly

I picked one up in Bklyn store. floor model is left
                            Staten island store has one but it rings up full price. Just a matter of time though.

Anyone else find tensioning the belt a little annoying? what with having to slide and leverage the motor down ward and then try and tighten the four hex nuts holding the motor (one of which is impossible to get a tool on .)

Anyone?

Comment

• Alex Franke
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2007
                              • Chapel Hill, NC
                              • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by Anthony
                              Anyone else find tensioning the belt a little annoying? what with having to slide and leverage the motor down ward and then try and tighten the four hex nuts holding the motor (one of which is impossible to get a tool on .)
                              YES! Several of the nuts were difficult to reach (even on the base), but there was one in particular was annoyoing the carp out of me.
                              online at http://www.theFrankes.com
                              while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
                              "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• unknown poster
                                Established Member
                                • Jan 2006

Thanks Alex, I got one with a 10% off coupon, spectacular deal. Now I've got to figure out where to put this thing

Comment

Working...