• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

The thin spots were ticking me off. Went out with a roller and made quick work of them. Back to drying...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Worked in the office today, ran the bus home early so I could finish off my day at home. And then slammed out the door trim on the shed...

Managed a couple of paint drips I am going to have to chase down later, but tomorrow assuming the same routine, I need to get the roof ends sealed up so if rain hits later this week, I won't have any exposed wood...

Seriously dislking the OSB on the ramp deck. the shed floor doesn't flex but oh boy does that ramp!
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Dedpedal
        Established Member
        • Feb 2020
        • Palm Coast Florida
        • One BT3000 in use and one for parts. Plus a BT3100

Click image for larger version

Name:	C01CB349-EB9C-4F0E-AFB0-866A7BD18A78.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	854404 Click image for larger version

Name:	43ACEAE2-F8FB-46D6-B4A8-0A2FCCB70A07.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	854405 I had this cookie cutoff of Magnolia from a branch that came down in a hurricane last year. I e been staring at it awhile now and this jumped out.

Comment

• dbhost

dbhost
          commented
          Editing a comment
          You know I have too much limb / small diameter trunk debris. I need to "cookie" a bit of it. I was actually thinking about just making Crepe Myrtle cookie coasters for some gifts this upcoming holiday season...
      • dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Spent some time painting trim on the shed, I have paint drips to fix now, and the trim on the back of the shed and I can move on to setting up shelving. I thought the side wall of the shed would be a good place to move my fiberglass ladders to as well...

UPDATE: Working as things with the job ebb and flow. Finished up 7/8 of the trim, touched up the paint drips, and a few weak spots the sprayer didn't cover as well as I had hoped. My yard has some muddy patches, and where the ladder needs to go to get up wto the remaining bit of trim is one of them. Will lay out some of OSB cutoffs to keep the ladder from sinking in after work and finish it off...

Will wait until either late tonight, or early tomorrow before work starts to get the surplus shelving units I have been stowing in the attic forever down. Probably tomorrow so the attic isn't quite so warm...

I believe I have 2 of them upstairs, and I have 1 in use in the garage, plus one wire bakers rack that used to be a LAN / Server rack many years ago... So 6ft tall x 4ft long x 18" deep. As the actual floor space isn't quite 12' long, I will be happy with putting 2 of the racks on either side, and then buying new 36" long but otherwise matching size racks... I need to install vents in this thing. The builder was supposed to be no end vents... For the price I paid no shock either...

My wheel barrow is more or less trash right now. I could use one but it will HAVE to be housed in the shed. So I guess there will be some wheel barrow hanger shopping going on as well...
        Last edited by dbhost; 03-08-2023, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

So there is the pic. The from this perspective, trim at the roof on the rear right still needs to be finished, but that is also in the area of the lawn that never really gets sun and is, well a muck hole. So I need to stabilize the ladder first. All the thin spots of orange are now plenty thick, and the trim DOES have orange paint sealing it up, so it is a cosmetic issue now, not a protection issue. Oh and FWIW, I know I am within the HOA limits as my 8' ladder is a mere 6" shorter than the peak of this shed, so they did what they were supposed to and the HOA can pound sand... It does block the view from the back bedroom window, but I honestly don't care...

***UPDATE***

Paint trim work DONE. Brushes / roller / sprayer cleaned up.

Looking for hanger hooks in my spares to mount up the ladders... Yay...
          Last edited by dbhost; 03-08-2023, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

Well fertilizer...

I dug around in the attic. Not a fun excersize BTW... and only found one of the sets of shelving. And it is 36 not 48 inch... Guess Home Depot gets more of my money. Yay for them...

Comment

• twistsol
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2002
              • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
              • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Because we are getting older, my wife and I met with an attorney to get an estate plan started. In an odd juxtaposition, we then went axe throwing. We returned home unscathed from both activities.
              Chr's

Comment

• dbhost

dbhost
                commented
                Editing a comment
                Wise choice. Settle the estate BEFORE throwing axes...
            • dbhost
              Slow and steady
              • Apr 2008
              • League City, Texas
              • Ryobi BT3100

Ran to the BORG to do the curbside pickup. Waited, waited, waited, went in after a 20 minute wait, only to have the poor girl out waiting at my car...

Got the 3 shelving units on the one side set up. Danged hot already inside that shed, outdoor temp already 81 deg F... I forgot to get the vents. Yeah I'm a dummy...

For anyone wondering, it is already 81 deg F with 95% RH. I am HATING this weather in March... This is more like late May...

The new racks are narrower than the old one, at 18" instead of 24", but that's fine. The 24" deep ones were triple the price and not worth it to me.
              Last edited by dbhost; 03-09-2023, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

Moved the hangers for the lawn and garden tools over, and mounted them up. The shed is built on 24" centers instead of 16", so same as Tuff Shed, yay, but my hanger for the shovels and rakes is 36". I rigged a backer board to mount it up to... And mounted it up...

Comment

• dbhost
                  Slow and steady
                  • Apr 2008
                  • League City, Texas
                  • Ryobi BT3100

Starting to populate the shed hangersThe hangers the weed eater and edger are on have hooks below them, I have an electric hedge trimmer and leaf blower that go there... The aluminum multi hook thingy is where the rakes and shovels go...

Comment

• dbhost
                    Slow and steady
                    • Apr 2008
                    • League City, Texas
                    • Ryobi BT3100

Got home from work, finished unloading the shelving units the the garage / workshop. Managed to break a globe on an old Propane lantern. Good thing is it was a complete junk generic lantern worth nothing, just going to pitch it in the recycling... Moved the shelves into the shed, and started moving the tents in there. Yes I have a collection of tents, a rather sizeable one. I loan tents to friends in need with the exception of my Joolca ensuite (bathroom) tent. I have an older Cabelas one I will loan out, but my Joolca I don't want to risk not getting it back...

To put it in woodworking tool terms, it is the Festool Kapex of Ensuite tents, and since I prefer to boondock / dry camp, I have to bring my own bathroom...

Comment

• dbhost
                      Slow and steady
                      • Apr 2008
                      • League City, Texas
                      • Ryobi BT3100

Whomever recommended the Harbor Freight convertible hand truck. (probably LCHIEN ) THANK YOU! The wheels are considerably taller, and wider than the ones at Home Depot and Northern Tool, I didn't look at Lowes that closely due to price, and, well dragging the stuff going into the shed across the lawn was super easy even set down as a platform truck! I am about half done moving stuff over, but now I am at individual pieces that will fall through the bottom of the truck, Need to dig out a large empty tote which I may not have handy... I have a bunch of old Coleman Fuel heaters which came in super handy for the big freeze of 21, camp chairs, and then on the the lawn and garden / automotive stuff. I will purge before I move that stuff though as I am sure a lot of it is no good any more. Dried out cleaning wipes and the like...
                      Last edited by dbhost; 03-11-2023, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• dbhost
                        Slow and steady
                        • Apr 2008
                        • League City, Texas
                        • Ryobi BT3100

So the shed is REALLY dark once the sun goes down with no lights, no windows, and only the doors open to let what little light I can muster in there.

Went to Home Depot and grabbed 4 more 27 gallon totes to organize things on the shelves. They had a full unbroken pallet, and none on the shelf. I think I annoyed the staff members there as I whipped out the swiss army knife and opened the pallet... I hope they weren't holding those for a pre-sale...

Eh, their app said there were 100 units in stock, so the sale wasn't completed yet. Not my problem...

I need to try to get more done on the getting crap out of the shop / garage tomorrow... Getting there, finding stuff that definately needs to hit the recyclers...

Comment

• dbhost
                        Slow and steady
                        • Apr 2008
                        • League City, Texas
                        • Ryobi BT3100

Yeah it's just a storage space. I was thinking about some kind of solar powered motion detector, or door switch activated lights. I don't need light outside the shed, my yard lights have that covered just fine, it's the interior I need lit up, even just a little... Maybe something like this one...

Cable is long enough I can fish in through the vents at the eaves Mount the solar panel up as high as I can get it and mount this to the truss closest to the center peak...
                        Attached Files

Comment

• nicer20
                          Established Member
                          • Sep 2007
                          • Dublin, CA
                          • BT3100

Originally posted by twistsol
                          Because we are getting older, my wife and I met with an attorney to get an estate plan started. In an odd juxtaposition, we then went axe throwing. We returned home unscathed from both activities.
                          BTW meeting an attorney and creating an estate plan is just a start especially if you are creating a living trust. The more important next step is retitling all the assets under the trust name. Don't forget to do that ASAP. Just a friendly advice - hope it is OK.

Comment

Working...