Clear All
  • RodKirby
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
    • Mao Shan TSC-10RAS

AtH - that is great

LOML and I are still laughing -

A Professional is someone who does what they say they will do.
    Downunder ... 1" = 25.4mm

Comment

• Jeff
      • Jan 2003
      • Beaumont, CA, USA.
      • BT6000

Dust causes Rod's camera to shake uncontrollably and the focus won't work properly, which is why he can't use it for these pictures. I'll have to make a visit with mine someday.

Jeff in Ontario

Chromosomes: Monkeys, 44. Humans, 46. Sweet potato, 48. Forest fern, 144.
      Evolution? Yeah right.
      Jeff in Beaumont, the OLD T-Nuts guy

Chromosomes: Monkeys, 44. Humans, 46. Sweet potato, 48. Przewalski's Horse, 66. Forest fern, 144.
      Evolution? Yeah right.

Comment

• JeffW
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2003
        • San Antonio, Texas, USA.
        • BT3100

LMAO......Funny stuff

I guess that if Baghdad Bob is a witness to the accuracy of events, that does it for me. The prosecution recommends dismissal of all changes and extends it's most sincere regrets to both the defendant and the Court. I extend my thanks to ATH, Solicitor Supreme.

Measure twice, cut once, screw it up, start over
        Measure twice, cut once, screw it up, start over

Comment

• jethro
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2003
          • Newark, DE, USA.

Stop it, Attila! My stomach hurts!

--------------------
          jethro.
          Never attempt to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and annoys the pig. --Heinlein

--------------------
          jethro.
          <font size=\"1\">Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig. -- <i>Heinlein</i>
          http://www.jeffriegner.com</font id=\"size1\">

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

My new height gage at:

Also answers several questions including:

blade elevation per turn? Its .0833" per turn, very accurate.

How much error can you get by not measuring blade height with a tooth at the very top? You can easily get as good as within .002" (about 1/512th of an inch for those into fractions) if you just eyeball the tip to the center of the arbor wrench slot. Surprisingly, if you pay no attention at all to where the tip is, the error this causes is no worse than plus zero to minus 0.019" (just a hair over a 1/64th"}.

These and others discussed in detail at the link above.

Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Stan
              • Mar 2004
              • Kalispell, MT, USA.
              • BT3100, Delta 36-717

Non-turned: Rifle Cleaning Stand

I've been needing one of these for a while, figured it was a good time to get one done.

Clamp knob was made from a couple pieces of the 2x6, glued up, cut with Forstner bits and sanded. Stock clamp is made from a length of 5/8" all thread, knob is epoxied on and the clamp pad end is held by laminating pieces of 2x6 around a 5/8" fender washer.

Front rest is reversible with two different radius cutouts, on for use with barrel resting directly on the rest, the other larger for a stock forearm resting in the cutout.

Base was made by resawing a length of 2x6, edge glued together and banded with more of the resawn stock using mitered corners.

Leather came from the cut-offs from my cycle leathers made about 12 years ago.

2 coats of Olympic 'Ebony' stain and a topcoat of spray on shellac.

Also, film canisters to capture those small loose parts that always seem to roll into the most inaccessible places. A cleat was glued on under this area and Forstner bit used to cut the holes.
              From the NW corner of Montana.
              http://www.elksigndesigns.com

Comment

Working...