This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCHIEN
    commented on 's reply
    30 day price adjustment??? or too late? A lot pf places have guaranteed price adjustments to encourage you to buy early rather than wait and take a chance on a price drop.

• capncarl
    replied
    When HD first started putting out their Christmas stuff I went ahead and picked up the Ridgid drill driver & impact with 2 batteries combo for about $149. It was about the same price as the bare impact and I figured I better buy it while it was still in stock and before the eBay’ers bought them and split them up for their online sales. Just before Christmas I saw the price reduced to $100. Guess I jumped too quick.

Leave a comment:

• dbhost
    replied
    With the impending price increase, the still going on Christmas sale, free shipping, and no tax from them, I ordered the Wahuda 10" benchtop jointer. I know the benchtop format isn't everyones cup of tea, but for me it is perfect. I am just gobsmacked by how expensive everything is getting though... I have more or less completed my desired upgrades tool wise and found some screaming deals this fall, but only because I jumped when I saw them. I would still love a SawStop 3HP PCS, but... not happening.... I jumped on some stupid good deals on Ryobi One+ cordless, but it still set me back a bit... But then again I included the chain saw, impact wrench etc... not all woodworking stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Frye
    replied
    Originally posted by leehljp
    Yes and I have noticed similar % price increases for HF and Northern Tools too. I look at my tools and am so happy I OWN them already!
    I am also glad my shop is fully equipped and I don't need anything to continue my cherished hobby. To quote Zac Brown "I have everything I need and nothing I don't". These price increases have gotten me thinking about replacement costs. My issue is that I didn't buy a great many of my power tools, so replacing them would cost more than usual. A call to our insurance agent got things sorted. Our home insurance policy automatically adjusts for inflation, hence the increase in our premiums lately.

Leave a comment:

• leehljp
    replied
    Yes and I have noticed similar % price increases for HF and Northern Tools too. I look at my tools and am so happy I OWN them already!

Leave a comment:

• twistsol
    replied
    Festool has an annual price increase that covers most of their products. Typically the prices go up around 5% or so. This year, it is in the 10-12% range, and the guide rails for tracks saws are going up from 28-30%. I'm glad I'm not in need of any new tools at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Frye
    started a topic Tool Prices !!!

Tool Prices !!!

Last year I got a 40 volt cordless snowblower for evaluation. It was listed at HD for $699. I just saw it listed there for $949! 26% increase! Today, a Woodcraft catalog arrived and I couldn't believe the prices for the stationary tools. It appears that anything not made in here has skyrocketed in price.
Working...