• Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Modified Dust Collection Device

Click image for larger version

Name:	AF89671C-E7C2-415A-88A4-B4D98F9366B7.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	849534 Sometimes last year I purchased a Dust Right Router Table Dado Dust Chute at Rockler. It caught my eye as something I might could adapt to use on my Powermatic table saw. It wasn’t designed to use on a tablesaw with a large rip fence bracket, rather a thin router table that would allow the chute to be screwed to its underside. With no reasonable way if attaching I decided to just whack off the front of the chute and attach a couple of really strong Harbor Freight magnets so it would attach to the front of the rip fence bracket. It looks like it will work. Next I will open it up to accept the full flow of the 4” flex hose.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AF89671C-E7C2-415A-88A4-B4D98F9366B7.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	849533
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

talked about that dust collector once before, here:

https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...ction-new-idea

I think one of the "conclusions" of that discussion was that the dust did not fly out or a router dado like that Rockler picture. It tends to stay packed in the groove, esp. if using a router spiral downcut to reduce chipout and tearing on the edge of the cut.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 03-26-2022, 06:01 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Funny you should post this. I just put that particular item on my short list (wish list of items to grab ASAP) as well as the edge routing dust collection adapter from them.

While no small part of my piles of shop dust right now are from not having the DC set up while I was cutting the half laps for the flipper stands, there is also a HUGE donation from my handheld router, and the router table...

I am planning on tossing the cat litter box rig, and doing a plywood enclosure.
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

Thanks for pointing me to the old post. I thought I had read about this add on. Like everyone said, it doesn’t work as well as Rocklers pictures. 2 1/2” hose on a large dust collection sys is not as good as a shop vacuum, so that means I’m gonna whack the bottom of the Rockler collection chute and adapt it to a 4” hose straight off my 6” header, …That’ill show it! By the time I get through whacking off pieces to make it work it won’t have any resemblance of what it looked like in the store!

Comment

• capncarl
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Leesburg Georgia USA
          • SawStop CTS

It still looks sorta like it use to, I just sawed the bottom 2 1/2 blast gate and 4” adapter. In reality the inside opening is +-2”. Pitiful. I shoved on a 4” dust rite rubber connection and super glued it tight. Now the collector opening is close to 4” and should drastically increase its performance. If nothing else it will keep my shop apron from getting near the saw blade.

Comment

Working...