WTB blow molded case to fit Ryobi recip saw.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

WTB blow molded case to fit Ryobi recip saw.

Yes, I am very aware folks tend to get rid of tool cases. I am the oddball that likes to keep them IN the cases.

My Ryobi recip saw soft case fell apart, and I need a replacement case. Can anyone recommend a good fitting case that will allow me to store the corded recip saw and a small selection of blades...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Milwaukee 2821-22 M18 FUEL Sawzall Reciprocating Saw Case (CASE ONLY NO TOOLS)

Pre-Owned
    $9.00
    1 bid · Time left1d 21h left (Wed, 03:51 PM)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25526831739...cAAOSwcMBhsSg7

Craftsman Professional Reciprocating Saw Case For Model 900.27502 IMMACULATE

Condition:
    Used

“Case is in immaculate cosmetic condition. Please inspect all the pictures and description for ”

... Read more
    Price:
    US $40.00
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/194603864796?hash=item2d4f4b52dc:g:wtoAAOSw-q9htIII

NEW! MAKITA TOOLS AVT RECIPROCATING SAW EMPTY METAL CASE, 26" x 10-5/8" x 4-1/2"

Condition:
    Open box

“never used case from a store display”

Price:
    US $39.99

Maybe some more if you search ebay reciprocating saw case
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 12-13-2021, 07:07 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

I was hoping for something that didn't cost as much as the saw.... I know I can stuff it in a regular 18" tool bag, but I end up with WAY more bag than I need.

It doesn't have to be a blow molded case.

I am just trying to keep the recip saw, with its cable, and assortment of blades, together, organized, and from overrunning adjascent areas of the shop.

Basically, a smaller diameter 18" long, like an 18x5x5 tool bag would be awesome. I could easily just velcro strap the blades together in the case and be good enough...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

If you are going to have to pay that much for a blow mold case why not buy a systainer like Festool, and look cool!

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

Considering its a $70.00 saw.... I don't want to spend more than around $20.00.

Comment

• Jim Frye
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Maumee, OH, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Oh wow, I tossed all of the molded cases from all of my Ryobi tools years ago. None of them were corded tools and all hang from the One+ hangers (like bats in a cave). The small bits, like saw blades, are stored in a drawer in the battery/charger tote I made from a store bought tool tote.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery Tote001.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	846721

Name:	DSCN0031.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	846722

Name:	New Shop 012017 2.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	846723
            Last edited by Jim Frye; 12-15-2021, 11:08 AM.
            Jim Frye
            The Nut in the Cellar.
            ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• twistsol
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2002
              • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
              • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Menards Plano Toolbox

Hot glue some rigid foam to the bottom of this or make a cradle for it out of a a few strategically placed wood blocks to keep it from bouncing around. I have some red Plano tool boxes that are 25 years old and have taken a beating. They show it, but no cracks or broken hinges or broken latches.
              Chr's

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by twistsol
                Menards Plano Toolbox

Hot glue some rigid foam to the bottom of this or make a cradle for it out of a a few strategically placed wood blocks to keep it from bouncing around. I have some red Plano tool boxes that are 25 years old and have taken a beating. They show it, but no cracks or broken hinges or broken latches.

Hmmmmm. You are making me think....

There are tackle boxes with removable dividers out there that are meant to slide under a car seat.

I need an internal volume of at least 19x7x4(ish).

I need to go to the fishing dept of my local Wally World.

And yes I have that egg crate foam to spare to keep things from sliding around...

Mind you. This isn't 100% critical. But like I said. I like having things cased / bagged up particularly since I am partial to corded tools. Cases / bags allow me to just be better organized, and I need all the help with that I can get!
                Last edited by dbhost; 12-15-2021, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• twistsol
                  twistsol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The company is Tanos, and they're still $80+ each. They don't have enough space for a recip saw until you get to the 4 or 5 which will set you back about $150.

• capncarl
                  capncarl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This is a woodworking site…. Impress us….Design and build a custom box for your recip saw. I want to see finger joints on all sides too!

• dbhost

dbhost
                  commented
                  Editing a comment
                  capncarl I am starting to think KIND of on those lines. However, more cleanup is needed before box joints happen. On the plus side, I can walk around the table saw now. On the minus side, there is still WAY too much crap on top of same said table saw...
              • dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

This is making me think the recip saw needs to live on a hook and blades in a drawer...

Comment

Working...