• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Carlos
    Weird, I use mine the same way, except I almost never oil them at all. But I did only buy Harbor Freight's finest, LOL!

Humidity maybe? I think you're close to Houston humidity, and my area is very dry except for maybe a month a year.
    They're in the garage, in plastic blow mold cases, I have relatively low problems with rust and humidity with my other tools.
    They do get hot, 90+ every day in the summer and I wonder if the air tool oil causes the plastic parts to break down over time?

Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Carlos
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Mine are in an unprotected tool box drawer in the garage, and I live in Phoenix. We're seeing 110 degrees today,

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

110?, that’s the reason your plastic parts do not get brittle and break, they are always soft and plyable from the heat! We are experiencing 93 degrees, feels like 100 with RH 60%. It gets really rough when it is actually 100 with that high humidity. My poor shop ac is struggling.

Comment

• Carlos
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

I run a swamp cooler when I'm in the shop, it was under 20% humidity so it works well. Fixed a picture frame for a neighbor and did an upgrade on the 3D printer, killed off two cigars and three beers. Successful day.

Comment

Working...