• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Started with a BT3100 in 2002 or so. Moved up to a Grizzly 1023SLX in 2006 and sold the BT in 2009 or so.

Comment

• RDavidP
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2011
      • Maryland

I don't have the BT3000, but I do have the Ryobi RTS20, and once I finish with clean up and replacing a power cord, I will have a Shopsmith tablesaw.

Comment

• worknhard
        Forum Newbie
        • Jan 2011
        • Denver, CO
        • BT3000, Shopsmith 510, Luna combo machine

Over the years I have had many different table saws... from an old vintage Dunlop/Craftsman that I learned to cut wood on as a teenager, to a fine Delta cabinet saw... and many different make/models in between. All have come and gone, but I still have my BT3000 that I purchased in 1994.

Today, due to limited space, most of my woodworking is done on a Shopsmith... one that I modified by installing BT3000 rails, fence, SMT, and all the other BT3 accessories... Turned a ho-hum saw into a very nice system... all thanks to the BT3 and a little ingenuity.

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2007
          • Buena Park, CA
          • CM 21829

My first bench/stationery saw, and still running strong, is an older Craftsman RAS which used to be mounted in a big table. It did everything I needed for a long time. One day I got tired of pre-ripping larger material so I bought the "Ryobi/Sears" 21829 saw on sale.
          Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

started with a craftsman benchtop saw that was around $190. couldn't make good rips or crosscuts as the table was too small and the miter gauge too small and it wasn't aligned well.

Did some research and bought the BT3000 in 2000 and it worked quite well for me and led me to this great forum.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cabinetman
              Gone but not Forgotten RIP
              • Jun 2006
              • So. Florida
              • Delta

My first table saw was a $10 flea market special Skil handheld circular saw mounted under a sheet of plywood. Next was a small benchtop Craftsman I bought new, that finaly self destructed after cutting 1" Plexiglas.

My first new cabinet saw was a 3HP Unisaw. Over the years bought, used and sold a PM66, Delta CS, and a Northstate. Doing frequent on site work, got a 10" bench saw, Ohio Forge, because it was light, cheap, easy to carry, and 110V. Shop made a 36" fence, and with a good blade works well for what I intended. A heavy stationary saw is the mainstay of most cabinet shops.

Comment

• twistsol
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2002
                • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
                • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Until I got my BT3 in '98, I'd only used a table saw once in high school shop. I thought they were unsafe and used the radial arm saw for everything, just like I did at home. I now have my dad's old B&D/Dewalt RAS but his Shopsmith Mark V went to my brother. I don't think anyone ever used the saw part of the Shopsmith.

I'd lik to upgrade once the new shop is done, but a saw with a sliding table that isn't a BT3 is serious money.
                Chr's

Comment

• Eric
                  • Jun 2003
                  • Cocolalla, ID
                  • Grizzly G0691 & BT3100

I've used various table saws over the years.
                  In 2003 I received the BT3100 as a birthday gift.
                  Purchased a used craftsman cast iron saw that I thought I wanted for a bigger table but it was a POS, under powered, bad fence....
                  Bought a Grizzly G0691 a couple years ago and have really enjoyed using it. Accurate, powerful, easy to use. And you can get a sliding table for it for another $600. I wasn't a fan of the SMT on the BT3 so haven't considered it for the grizz.

Comment

• 10sCoachRick
                    Established Member
                    • Jan 2007
                    • Austin, TX

I reckon the only table saw I've actually owned is the Rigid 2400LS I offered for sale a number of months back. Can't say I've used it in two years now, since getting the track saw and not having any WW projects to speak of.

If anyone in central Texas wants a deal on the Rigid, drop me a line! I'm going to see if I can find the ad I posted and re-post it.

Comment

• tommitytomtom
                      Handtools only
                      • Oct 2012
                      • Wichita Falls, Tx
                      • Rockwell Unisaw and 2 Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by cabinetman
                      What table saw or saws do you have or had other than a Ryobi/Sears equivalent?

Other than 2 BT3xxx saws, I have a vintage Rockwell Unisaw.

Comment

• tropicalarcadian
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Oct 2012
                        • South Florida
                        • Ryobi BT3000 13amp

i had a Delta contractor saw 1 1/2hp. Good saw, but it took up too much room in my utility bed so i sold it and bought a Bosch 4100 and loved it dearly.

Comment

• cabinetman
                          • Jun 2006
                          • So. Florida
                          • Delta

Originally posted by tommitytomtom
                          Other than 2 BT3xxx saws, I have a vintage Rockwell Unisaw.
                          I can appreciate your line..."handtools only", but with three table saws I'm a bit confused. My Unisaw I consider "vintage" as old as it is, and it still is one of my favorites.

Comment

• cabinetman
                            • Jun 2006
                            • So. Florida
                            • Delta

Originally posted by tropicalarcadian
                            i had a Delta contractor saw 1 1/2hp. Good saw, but it took up too much room in my utility bed so i sold it and bought a Bosch 4100 and loved it dearly.
                            You are right. The Delta contractor saw is a good saw, but not as mobile as the Bosch.

Comment

• tommitytomtom
                              Handtools only
                              • Oct 2012
                              • Wichita Falls, Tx
                              • Rockwell Unisaw and 2 Ryobi BT3000

I just saw that line under my user name. Not sure where that came from. I guess during registration, I clicked a box or mistakenly typed that. I use a BT at work. I have another in my shop at home for parts but my go-to saw for home is my Unisaw.

Tom, who uses machinery as well as hand tools.

Comment

• Ozzie
                                Established Member
                                • Mar 2005
                                • Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.

First one was a 8" Sears Bench Top Model I got in the 60's. Next was a 10" Sears Contractor Model that I updated with Sears high end fence system. Now I have a SawStop Contractor Model that my wife said I should get. Guess she wanted me to keep all my fingers.
                                Ozzie

Comment

Working...