• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Do you guys see how unsafe this is?

The saw blades are gonna be damaged and rust when stored like that!

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	698.7 KB ID:	854077
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

We need a groan emoji.

Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault-1102361770.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	854079
    Chr's

Comment

• Jim Frye
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Maumee, OH, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

OMG! No ground connection
      Jim Frye
      The Nut in the Cellar.
      ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Yep. No grounds.
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• capncarl
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Leesburg Georgia USA
          • SawStop CTS

Grounds are overrated. The orange extension cord probably has the ground pin removed.

Comment

• Dedpedal
            Established Member
            • Feb 2020
            • Palm Coast Florida
            • One BT3000 in use and one for parts. Plus a BT3100

Ok fess up. Who’s been taking pictures of my shop?

Comment

• cwsmith
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2005
              • NY Southern Tier, USA.
              • BT3100-1

I've rewired two houses in my time, including putting in a new service line on one. I'm not an electrician, but I got a full inspection on both houses. I recall the first house when the inspector looked everything over and the grumbling asked, "Who the **** did this job?" I replied asking what was wrong, and he repeated his qustion. When I told him a friend and I did it, he responded with, "I thought so, too ****ed neat for the electricians around here!". With that he gave the approval certificate.

I've seen some really sloppy jobs over the years and too many that were dangerous like the one in the photograph. This old house I have now was built in 1887 and was sort of a demonstration of wiring changes over those decades. I didn't find a lot of errors until the stuff that was done in the last twenty years.

CWS
              Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• capncarl
                capncarl commented
                Editing a comment
                Since cell phones have become commonplace the quality for most trades working off site ( out of sight of the owner of supervisor ) has gone downhill. You can’t keep these people off the dang cell phone, and they can’t get anything done and what they do is half way. The electrician that wired my house was on the cell phone from the minute he stepped out of the truck until he left the site, and I’m sure he was on the phone in his truck, I just didn’t see him. His helper did most of the work, he just did the installation of the switches and receptacles. The only reason he did those was so he could harvest the left over copper. The usual 6” romex wire that was stubbed out of the box was shortened to a length that is barely possible to replace the switch or receptical. He uses the push in type switches and receptacles so when I have to replace one I have to cut the wire and splice on several inches to get the new one to work. If he had been working for me rather than the builder I would have sent him packing the first day.

• cwsmith
                cwsmith commented
                Editing a comment
                Reminds me of my return to the Rand after a short layoff back in 1982. New supervisor, new manager, and in a new division and after just a month in the department my supervisor came in and started yelling that they weren't paying me to talk on the phone. In the new job I was responsible for coordinating publications activities both in-house and with contract printing firms.) Apparently they tracked all phone calls, identifying the person's, companies, their times, and the totals. (No privacy on either the phone or computer which was also tracked.) He screamed that I had spent 97 minutes on the phone!

I threw up my hands, told him he was mistaken because I never had a 97 minute phone call in my entire life. He threw the paper at me, told me it was a warning and left my office. Looking at the monthly phone report I took note that the 97 minutes was the total for that month. So I unplugged the phone, took it to the manager's office and told him that all my phone calls could now be sent to the supervisor and I went out on the factory floor. When I returned my phone was back on my desk, even plugged in and I never heard another word about it for the remaining eight years I worked in that department.

I had an electrician here to put in a new service panel and connection right after we bought this home. He must have went to the same school that your electrician attended. All he was on his phone more than he was working, usually pacing around, back and forth to his truck. Since I was paying him for the job, I didn't feel like I could say anything, but he was largely the reason I rewired most of the house by myself. Even going back and looking at the guy's work, I found he marked four circuits wrong and had tied two different circuits into the same box, sharing the grounds!
            Working...