• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jim Frye
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Maumee, OH, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Did it look like the pictures or something different in configuration.?
    Jim Frye
    The Nut in the Cellar.
    ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

Nope, not like those but like the attached photo of the red craftsman zero turn, except green, slightly smaller tires, no gas engine just a metal enclosure. It looked considerably more spartan, more so like the cheaper zero turns sold a few years ago.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	8814247A-FBFE-454E-B74B-AC4F2B3A9AFA.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	836145

Comment

• Jim Frye
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Maumee, OH, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Ah! Did it look something like this? If so, it was likely a Mean Green mower. They are commercial grade electric riders intended for the landscapers. They are typically priced north of $10,000. I had to check with an old contact I know at Ryobi to verify they are not making a zero turn mower.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	index.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	836149
        Jim Frye
        The Nut in the Cellar.
        ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• capncarl
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Leesburg Georgia USA
          • SawStop CTS

It looked like that in style only. This was what I call a CHEAP residential grade lawn mower, stamped 20 gauge metal deck, no roll bar and no other frilly stuff. If it had been a gasoline powered mower it wouldn’t have sold for the $2500 price that most entry level residential zero turns sell for now.
          capncarl

Comment

• Jim Frye
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Maumee, OH, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Hmm. The only other brand I can think of is Weibang. They have a green rider that HD sells for $2,000, but it's not a zero turn mower. The Weibangs are cheap units. Direct Tools has no similar mower on its web site, so without a picture, we are just guessing.
            Jim Frye
            The Nut in the Cellar.
            ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• capncarl
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2007
              • Leesburg Georgia USA
              • SawStop CTS

Talking with the workers and person that I thought was the manager I was led to believe that direct tools was a Ryobi owned store. They didn’t know much about the mower and I couldn’t guess why the machine came to them to transfer to whomever was going to test it. Just sharing what I saw.

Comment

• Jim Frye
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2002
                • Maumee, OH, USA.
                • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Yes, Direct Tools is a subsideray of Techtronics Inc. who makes Ryobi (among many others) tools and is the retail outlet for those factory reconditioned tools. The Authorized Ryobi Service Centers used to be the main retail outlets, but they may have too many refurbed tools with all of the many brands they make now and needed more selling spaces. My contact used to be a Ryobi engineer, and went to TTI when Ryobi sold the power tools line to them. Still wondering what it was you saw.
                Last edited by Jim Frye; 02-19-2019, 08:51 PM. Reason: added text
                Jim Frye
                The Nut in the Cellar.
                ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• Jim Frye
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Maumee, OH, USA.
                  • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

My turn to stand corrected. Here is the brand new Ryobi Zero Turn Electric riding mower. There are two models of this now. A 75 Ahr and a 100 Ahr. Both are the same, just different batteries, like the other Ryobi riders.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	ryobi-zero-turn-mowers-ry48ztr75-64_1000.jpg Views:	1 Size:	103.4 KB ID:	836163
                  https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-42...TR75/308040422
                  Last edited by Jim Frye; 02-22-2019, 12:30 PM. Reason: added text.
                  Jim Frye
                  The Nut in the Cellar.
                  ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

Working...