• Show
Clear All
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

What'd You Do Last Weekend?

Simple question; what did you do on your three day weekend?

I already posted what we did on Friday.

Saturday as I was relaxing on my front porch with LOML I remarked to her that perhaps we should fix the porch. The east outside end was sinking. We still had a pier block from an earlier fix on a different portion. I also noticed that the steps were in rather poor shape. I got started on the demolition part. I was only able to salvage on tread.

LOML made a quick trip down to the Lumber yard and picked up a couple of 2'x12"'s and another pier block. I could not believe the price for the 2"x12"'s @ less than 50 cents a BF! I was so proud of her when she returned and told me her tale of picking good boards! I'm not sure exactly what she tells the yard guys but they always send her away with good stuff! Maybe she tells them I'm real mean!

With the help of my hi-lift jack leveling the porch did not take long. Setting the two pier blocks also wnt fast. Making the stringers and cutting the treads. Assembly went quickly also.

It is so nice to sit on a level porch. It is also so nice to walk up steps that are all level and sized the same!

Sunday was just a resting day, no projects no trips.
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©
  • DUD
    Royal Jester
    • Dec 2002
    • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Mark

There is satisfaction in a job done well. We left Friday early and drove 178 miles to My Nieces for the day.I had gotten us rooms so We ate supper and layed around the pool at the motel. Drove back Sunday. Bill
    5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• BobSch
      • Aug 2004
      • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
      • BT3100

Took EVERYTHING out of the garage and put it in a POD. Thursday my electrician friend is coming over to install a subpanel and some outlets. Then comes the insulation and sheetrock. Then cabinets, then unload the POD.

Dang, I'm tired just thinking about it!
      Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• pelligrini
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2007
        • Fort Worth, TX
        • Craftsman 21829

I designed and starting building a flip-top stand for my DW735 planer. I spent most of Friday drawing the thing up in CAD and making it work with the materials I have on hand. That was in between moving the water every 15 minutes. Saturday was a really late start in the shop as I put away way too much guinness playing bocce with the ole lady 'till midnight.
        Erik

Comment

• jackellis
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2003
          • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
          • BT3100

Built a box to store paper for my ROS. Sent the wife off for six weeks of camping, hiking and backpacking. Started work on a long-delayed project to rebuild the between-the-seats console that holds charts my airplane. Got some exercise.

Now I need to build a cabinet with a bunch of drawers so I can get tools off worktables and such.

Comment

• JimD
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2003
            • Lexington, SC.

Fishing with son on Friday until it started raining about 2pm. Caught a 23 inch largemouth bass on a micro-light rod with 4 lb test - fun. Other fish were micro-light sized but still entertaining.

Then my son (25) took the boat to join his friends at a lake house. They water ski'd on Saturday and part of Sunday. We went over on Saturday night to watch fireworks on the lake. We got a little wet going across the open part of the lake, it was windy enough it was white-caps, and anchored up almost under the fireworks.

I also researched bedroom sets for my son who is moving closer to home. I bought the plans for the platform bed from Woodsmith. I should get started on it within a week. We are also finishing plans for a cruise and bought a GPS to make sure we get to the boat on time (Garmin Nuvi 350).

Jim

Comment

• JoeyGee
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2005
              • Sylvania, OH, USA.
              • BT3100-1

Originally posted by BobSch
              Took EVERYTHING out of the garage and put it in a POD. Thursday my electrician friend is coming over to install a subpanel and some outlets. Then comes the insulation and sheetrock. Then cabinets, then unload the POD.

Dang, I'm tired just thinking about it!

I must spend too much time on the Internet. It took me a few seconds (and a few head scratches) to figure out POD wasn't an acronym or short for anything--it was an actual word .
              Joe

Comment

• cwithboat
                • Jan 2008
                • 47deg54.3'N 122deg34.7'W
                • Craftsman Pro 21829

Originally posted by Black wallnut
                Simple question; what did you do on your three day weekend?

I'm not sure exactly what she tells the yard guys but they always send her away with good stuff! Maybe she tells them I'm real mean!
                Well for one, she a **** sight better looking than you are!
                Saturday I bought a DW734. Sunday I watched the Brit Gran Prix, a 15 inning baseball game and put casters on my jointer. Today the printer quit and the garden tractor stopped due to crud in the gas. Tomorrow take out the gas tank, filter the gas and figure out why the printer stopped.
                regards,
                Charlie
                A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke.
                Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• cwithboat
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 47deg54.3'N 122deg34.7'W
                  • Craftsman Pro 21829

Hey Peligrini

[quote=pelligrini;355863]I designed and starting building a flip-top stand for my DW735 planer.

How's about sharing those plans?

sorry I dropped an L
                  regards,
                  Charlie
                  A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke.
                  Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Alex Franke
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2007
                    • Chapel Hill, NC
                    • Ryobi BT3100

Played with the kids, waited for my internet connection to be restored, built some window cornices, waited for my internet connection to be restored, went trail-riding with my nearly-4-year-old, waited for my internet connection to be restored, read a bit, played with the kids, fixed my piano bench, cleaned up the shop a bit, waited for my internet connection to be restored, and played with the kids.

It was a great weekend!
                    online at http://www.theFrankes.com
                    while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
                    "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• Pappy
                      The Full Monte
                      • Dec 2002
                      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 (x2)

Except to grill steaks and corn, Friday was total goof-off! Worked Saturday and cleaned out the garden shed on Sunday.
                      Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                      Fools because they have to say something.
                      Plato

Comment

• LCHIEN
                        Internet Fact Checker
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Katy, TX, USA.
                        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Thu nite - BBQ and Fireworks at a friend's house
                        Fri Morning - Fishing
                        Fri afternoon- recover
                        Fri nite - Dinner at Outback, then Fireworks
                        Sat AM- Tennis
                        Sat Afternoon-check out IKEA with son who's about to become an apt dweller.
                        Sat eve Dinner, DVD
                        Sunday morning and afternoon - watch Wimbledon Mens Tennis finals (match covered about 8 hours due to rain delays and LONG match)
                        Sun aft - see Daughter and BF, help them move furniture
                        Sun eve dinner with Parents.

Apparently no time for WW.
                        Last edited by LCHIEN; 07-07-2008, 09:20 PM.
                        Loring in Katy, TX USA
                        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• twistsol
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2002
                          • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
                          • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Friday morning I drove the Girl Scouts float in the parade, had picnic lunch at sister in law's house (4 of 6), came home cooked for evening BBQ, went to the fair, and then went to Mother In Law's house for dinner and fireworks.

Then a normal weekend ... if you have ADD
                          Saturday, took oldest out driving for practice. She's had her permit for a week and a half. Had lunch at an Indian Restaurant, Home Depot run, picked up supper and then stopped by MIL and FIL's house to repair brakes on his walker. Church, Came home and continued cleaning garage (going on three weeks now)

Sunday got up at 3:30 to see sister in law (5 of 6), husband, and kids off on their drive to Chesapeake, VA and then went back to bed until 8. Puttered in garage, sprayed legs of benches and picnic table, watched Harry Potter 4 on TV, assembled picnic table, thought about mowing lawn and rejected idea, sanded and sprayed 1st coat of lacquer on a batch of trim for girls' rooms, had popcorn and a beer for supper at 10 and went to bed.
                          Chr's

Comment

• JR
                            The Full Monte
                            • Feb 2004
                            • Eugene, OR
                            • BT3000

I got about six hours on the bike this weekend. Also LOML and I started the much-delayed project to paint the deck. Did a few sprinkler repairs/ugrages. Managed to grill a few things and drink some wine on the patio during the beautiful evenings.

JR
                            JR

Comment

• bigstick509
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2004
                              • Macomb, MI, USA.
                              • BT3100

We just finished our week vacation at the cottage,and got ready to return to work after 3 months rehabbing my torn rotator cuff.

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...