X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenacres2
    • Dec 2011
    • La Porte, IN
    • Ryobi BT3000

If all i ever got for my donation earlier this year was 6 or 7 months of use--it was a great investment. I can't say it saved me any cash, but i got more stuff for my dough, and my techniques are getting less crude. I can (and will) add a few bucks, and will refrain from costing more by NOT volunteering to screw up the computer side of things!!

As for "restricted topics"--i do this as a hobby, and don't have a taste for drama. Geez, with the Lance Armstrong discussion (which i quit reading after a day...though it was kind of amusing, just took too much time) i don't think politics and religion are needed!! Another forum i read has a pretty heated debate going on now regarding which of two manufacturers has the best engineering/reverse engineering debate--couple of those folks are having a verbal fist fight...quite a dust-up!!

Anyway...i like y'all and hope we can keep plugging away!!

earl

Comment

• tommyt654
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2008

Chris and others have brought up a very valid point regarding discussions here relating to the website, perhaps we could have an off-topic area for discussions other than woodworking that you would have to actually click a link to get into it. I am prolly more guilty of this than any here and hope my discussions and deals haven't caused any to go elsewhere, Unfortunately I don't spend much time on the fishin,huntin sites as I should and auto's have always been a part of life for me. I think that in the future that should be an option so we might keep mre focus on the WW aspect and leave the option for everyone to link to another section to discuss anything else ,but leave politics and religion as a vooddoo there. I wish I could help with regards to the website,but I am a hands-on kinda guy,not IT or computer. You know the guy with the gun in the front shooting while the smart guys are in the back figuring out the escape route
      Last edited by tommyt654; 08-27-2012, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• phrog
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2005
        • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

I agree with most everything that has been discussed here so far. I've been negligent in making donations and apologize for my part. I would suggest adding a "last donation made on" to the DB. I'm very bad about thinking something happened only a week ago when, in reality, it was a year ago. With the addition to the DB, I could check to see when I last donated.

As far as politics and religion, I've seen both of these make enemies of people who had been friends. I often have trouble making up my mind about things - which means I don't always agree with myself. How could I possibly agree with others about subjects so complex as politics or religion.

Just my 2 cents worth.
        Last edited by phrog; 08-27-2012, 03:13 PM.
        Richard

Comment

• pelligrini
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2007
          • Fort Worth, TX
          • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by phrog
          I would suggest adding a "last donation made on" to the DB. I'm very bad about thinking something happened only a week ago when, in reality, it was a year ago. With the addition to the DB, I could check to see when I last donated.
          Ot already does, in a way. Go to the Paid Subscriptions down in the lower left of your UserCP page, then up at the top of the next page it will list a start date and an expiry date. I'm not sure if it lists anything if expired though.

http://www.bt3central.com/payments.php - That should get you there.
          Erik

Comment

• phrog
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2005
            • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by pelligrini
            Ot already does, in a way. Go to the Paid Subscriptions down in the lower left of your UserCP page, then up at the top of the next page it will list a start date and an expiry date. I'm not sure if it lists anything if expired though.

http://www.bt3central.com/payments.php - That should get you there.
            Thanks, Erik. I didn't know that was on there. Should we hold off donations until decisions are reached about future? Again, thanks.
            Richard

Comment

• Black wallnut
              cycling to health
              • Jan 2003
              • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
              • BT3k 1999

Originally posted by phrog
              Thanks, Erik. I didn't know that was on there. Should we hold off donations until decisions are reached about future? Again, thanks.
              Please do hold off. So far it looks like members are willing to support the site. I like that.
              Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• radhak
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2006
                • Miramar, FL
                • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Well, I realized that I had forgotten to pay since-dunno-when, so went ahead and paid what I could. But will be on the lookout for whatever further this forum needs.
                It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
                - Aristotle

Comment

• leehljp
                  Just me
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Tunica, MS
                  • BT3000/3100

I like the way the discussions are going, lets keep this up!
                  Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• NewDIYer
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Jun 2012
                    • Southington, CT
                    • Ryobi BT3000

This site means a lot to me..

I may be a newbie on this forum but not a newbie in this world and I believe there is honest and sincere advice given on this site and to me it is priceless.

Keep this site up. I visit it everyday to help me keep my sanity.

I am in for the donation. I need to know now how I do that.

Comment

• Stytooner
                      Roll Tide RIP Lee
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
                      • BT3100

We will have details on that as soon as we get everything sorted out. That shouldn't be too long. It is progressing offline somewhat.
                      Thanks for all the support.
                      Lee

Comment

• chopnhack
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 2006
                        • Florida
                        • Ryobi BT3100

I'd hate to see the site go down, its been an online home and a great learning experience in woodworking amongst other things for years now. I have been current for several years, including this one and doubled down last year and this year. I don't have much education on the programming aspect, never could learn c++ ;-)
                        I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• RangerRick
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Jun 2011
                          • Mass.
                          • bt3000

Count me in. I would hate to lose this.

Comment

• wardprobst
                            • Jan 2006
                            • Wichita Falls, TX, USA.
                            • Craftsman 22811

I really like this community. I can get woodworking or whatever elsewhere but I really like this group. There are a few guys who have drifted away that I miss but the core group is still here. I am in for the long haul, whatever it takes.
                            DP
                            www.wardprobst.com

Comment

• bigstick509
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2004
                              • Macomb, MI, USA.
                              • BT3100

Originally posted by NewDIYer
                              I may be a newbie on this forum but not a newbie in this world and I believe there is honest and sincere advice given on this site and to me it is priceless.

Keep this site up. I visit it everyday to help me keep my sanity.

I am in for the donation. I need to know now how I do that.
                              +1 on your sentiment, I can't tell how many times this site has lifted my spirt and brought a smile. Not to mention the great WW info.

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

• LCHIEN
                                Internet Fact Checker
                                • Dec 2002
                                • Katy, TX, USA.
                                • BT3000 vintage 1999

I would encourage donaters to not hold off, I understand Sam is into his own money at this point...

4000 goal was to take us to October and we are still 800+ short with 2 months left to go.

in reality I think $10 is a short term fix. If we have 100 active users who all pay up $1000 is not going to be enough.
                                Loring in Katy, TX USA
                                If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                                BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...