X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jarhead
    • May 2004
    • Boynton Beach, FL.

Error updating the profile

I am trying to change my "Where you live" location and getting this error message.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	259
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	857119
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Date of birth is one of the fields that cannot normally be changed on the site. Send me a PM with what you want it changed to, and I can make the change for you as an administrator.
    Chr's

Comment

• Black walnut
      Administrator
      • Aug 2015
      • BT3K

The problem is most likely when you first registered you did not enter a valid date of birth. It may have been a voluntary field. As such you will need to submit your actual date of birth to twistol or myself and we can change that field. We can set the birthdate privacy to whatever you want. If you want it to be unpublished we can do that. We need it to comply with COPPA laws. After that you should be able to edit your user cp. If you add in the email to one of us your current city/state/ or country we can edit that as well for you, but first we need to edit the DOB.
      just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

• d_meister
        Established Member
        • Feb 2009
        • La Conner, WA.
        • BT3000

I just tried again to change the avatar from the default previously selected California flag to my new home state flag of Washington, following the "use a default avatar" prompts, and it was again unresponsive. After selecting the flag from the default list, there was no further action possible except "cancel". "Continue" was unresponsive.

Comment

• twistsol
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
          • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Default avatars went away in one of the releases of vBulletin, but they didn't get all the code so they still shows up as an option, but there is no option to remove the old configuration.

If you want to use one of the state flags, right click on it and copy the image link or image address and paste that into the avatar URL in the "Copy and paste an image URL from a hosting site." option.
          Chr's

Comment

• d_meister
            Established Member
            • Feb 2009
            • La Conner, WA.
            • BT3000

Thank you for the response. I was just being lazy and doing the path of least resistance for avatar selection. Having the flag is actually redundant, as my location is listed, anyway. Now I'll have to focus and make a selection and the right size image.

Comment

Working...