Whats wrong with this ad?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LCHIEN
    Super Moderator
    • Dec 2002
    • 22085
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

    #1

    Whats wrong with this ad?

    Whats wrong with this ad from Temu?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20250525_110529_Temu.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	861271
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • 2812
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

    #2
    The first thing I see is that the young lady is NOT wearing safety glasses. The second is that this appears to be an Ad for a router bit, and both the models are working on a drill press. I suppose one might well use the drill press in this manner, but I wouldn't recommend it!

    The fourth thing I noticed is that the young lady appears to have a long pigtail, with no hat to retain it in place. Did I ever post about the young lady machinist in our factory, who had long hair, tied in pigtail fashion. For whatever reason, she opened the safety door on her lathe and leaned forward to clear debris while the machine was running, catching her hair in the chuck. Because of other machinist playing their loud radio's, nobody heard her screems.
    Think it Through Before You Do!

    Comment

    • leehljp
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • 8803
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

      #3
      CW got more than I did. But the primary thing is using a drill press instead of a router BECAUSE That is a compression bit, which even more so means it is NOT. intended for a drill press!
      Hank Lee

      Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

      Comment

      • Jim Frye
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • 1364
        • Maumee, OH, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

        #4
        One more thing: It's Temu.
        Jim Frye
        The Nut in the Cellar.
        I've gone out to look for myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.

        Comment


        • LCHIEN
          LCHIEN commented
          Editing a comment
          haha. so it is
      • Black walnut
        Super Moderator
        • Aug 2015
        • 5514
        • BT3K

        #5
        Bearing guided bit but in the graphic there is no template or anything touching the bearing.
        just another brick in the wall...

        Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

        Comment

        • dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • 9562
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

          #6
          Tool marketing from people that have no clue what it is they are selling, how to use it properly and safely, or what it is supposed to do. Apparently they are trying to get the female model hurt there...
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

          Comment

          • LCHIEN
            Super Moderator
            • Dec 2002
            • 22085
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

            #7
            As most people have pointed out
            • Router bit, only shown mounted in Drill press wrong tool
            • Router bearing bit meant for patterns is shown cutting a piece of wood with no template pattern, a no-no
            • Multiple safety practice violations - googles, eyewear, pony tail, improper tool for the job...
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

            Comment

            • Jim Frye
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2002
              • 1364
              • Maumee, OH, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

              #8
              Apparently, in TEMU world, no matter how it's presented, people will buy it.
              Jim Frye
              The Nut in the Cellar.
              I've gone out to look for myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.

              Comment

              • LCHIEN
                Super Moderator
                • Dec 2002
                • 22085
                • Katy, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 vintage 1999

                #9
                Originally posted by Jim Frye
                Apparently, in TEMU world, no matter how it's presented, people will buy it.
                Well, you and I know how that bit is to be used, safely. And its cheap.
                I've had some good luck with Temu parts or Banggood like hinges that look just like ones bought on amazon but half the price. Magnets and other cheap hardware, fishing tackle.
                I complained about some plastic alignment squares, that one of four was molded badly and out of square, They refunded my money and told me to keep them. So i tossed one, have three OK ones.
                Loring in Katy, TX USA
                If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

                Comment

                Working...