• Show
Clear All
  • Jim Frye
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Maumee, OH, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

First HVLP Use

Just used my new Wagner Flexio 3500 HVLP sprayer to paint bare drywall/concrete walls in the basement. First use and it went flawlessly. I sprayed four year old SW CHB white latex strained and thinned about 5%. No runs, no sags, no clumps, and no clogs. I may never use a roller again. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0383.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	854985
    Jim Frye
    The Nut in the Cellar.
    ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

My son in law has the same model and we used it last summer to paint a dresser. I was surprised at the quality of the job it did for the price of the unit. The finish was comparable to what I would have gotten spraying from my far more expensive Fuji system. We were spraying Sherwin Williams Emerald cabinet paint and only had to thin it about 4-5%
    Chr's

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

Spray painter cleanup is an absolute necessity. That time must be figured in. BUT the results of a quality spray painter is far and away better than I can do with a roller or brush, no comparison.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Jim Frye
        Jim Frye commented
        Editing a comment
        It took a bit less time to clean the unit as it would have taken to clean a roller, roller cover, tray, and brush. And I didn't have to wait for the roller cover to drain and dry.
    • capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

Click image for larger version  Name:	9F14862D-905A-4BD6-AE69-45A12F5E1686.jpg Views:	0 Size:	163.7 KB ID:	854998 Be sure to wear your PPE

The next time you have to spray something like a cabinet with paint try Benjamin Moore Advance. It was designed tor spraying like this, self levels and smoothe out like glass. I sprayed it with an airless machine which is known to apply too much paint and have bad overspray and it turned out like a piano finish.
      Last edited by capncarl; 05-02-2023, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• capncarl
        capncarl commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you have the proper PPE? Haines or Fruit of The Loom?

• Jim Frye
        Jim Frye commented
        Editing a comment
        J C Penny Stafford boxer briefs for extended coverage.

• nicer20
        nicer20 commented
        Editing a comment
        LoL :-) :-)
        (why can't I add emojis in comments ;-))
    Working...