• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Drill press for sale.

eBay asked me if I wanted to make an offer on this baby.

6 foot must be the arm travel and 17" must be the quill travel. Boss drill yeah.

Look, its in perfect shape - one owner (US Govt) and looks like he never drilled into the table.

How much shall I offer?

Click image for larger version  Name:	industrial drill press.JPG Views:	0 Size:	71.9 KB ID:	848365
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 02-13-2022, 02:13 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Offer per pound less shipping.

Comment

• capncarl
      capncarl commented
      Editing a comment
      If you could get it in your shop…… the floor probably wouldn’t support it!

I purchases a bench top milling machine to do some serious drilling/boring when I was pretending like I was a race car driver and needed to build roll bars and tube frames. They set the machine which was attached to a pallet, in the back of my pickup truck. It took me several days trying to get it out of the truck, my shop engine crane wouldn’t reach high enough to get a good grip. Had to borrow an frame a get some help!
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

I'm thinking that will cost at least one hernia and two slipped disks...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• GrumpyDad
      Established Member
      • Jul 2020
      • Midwest
      • Ryobi BT3100, BT3000, Sawstop PCS

Was used to open soda cans
      Harumpf!
      GrumpyDad

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

I bet the base of that thing weighs more than my car.
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• capncarl
          capncarl commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe, but it is definitely older that Henry Fords first car.
      • LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

eBay says seller is now taking offers... you might get it for thousands off the $9950 asking bid price. You can put it towards the shipping.
        This would look impressive drilling in the middle of a 4x8 sheet of plywood.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cwsmith
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • NY Southern Tier, USA.
          • BT3100-1

Looks a lot like the hundreds of other machine tools that I used to see everyday I worked at Painted Post. Can you imagine how much of a concrete and steel foundation that tool required?

CWS
          Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• capncarl
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2007
            • Leesburg Georgia USA
            • SawStop CTS

The crane rental to set it on and then off the truck would cost a lot more than a really good shop drill press.
            Can you imagine the capital expense it cost to fit a factory with dozens of tools of this caliber!

Comment

• cwsmith
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2005
              • NY Southern Tier, USA.
              • BT3100-1

I don't have any pictures of our shop tooling equipment as it was often off-limits and outside the scope of my usual photo work, which was of components during assembly and in support of service documents. This particular photo was from one of our brochures, where we had a local profession do the job, and not one that I had taken. This of course is just a crankshaft, but some of the frames (crankcase) might weigh several tons and require rail equipment to move them from the shop. At one time I saw them installing a milling machine and the foundation for that was several yards wide by maybe fifty ft, iirc. It was well over ten feet deep.

I'll look through my archives and see if I can find one of the complete units.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_27557.jpg Views:	6 Size:	185.5 KB ID:	848648

Last edited by cwsmith; 02-22-2022, 12:54 PM.
              Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

Working...