• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Need a washer for the EB4424 spindles.

Okay this is dumb, but I managed to lose the washer for the 1-1/2" spindle for my Rigid EB4424.

Where can I get a replacement?
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

With the Ridgid lifetime service agreement, I've never needed to order a part. The few failures I've had, I just dropped the tool off at 7-Corners hardware in Saint Paul and picked it up like new a week or so later. I perused their website and the best I could find is a customer service number.

866-539-1710 open 9-6 EST
    Chr's

Comment

• dbhost

dbhost
      commented
      Editing a comment
      I may or may not have registered the thing when I bought it. It's been so long I honestly don't remember.... But I will call them anyway and see if I can at least get a part number.
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

If you have a lathe, you might could make one. I have made several odd sized washers on the lathe. It takes a gentle touch. Since I live 40 minutes from the nearest Lowes or HD, It would take me an hour an a half there and back, so I take my time and drill a 1/16 in plate of steel the rough size of the washer inside. Put a bolt and nut in the hole and put that bolt into a pin chuck and turn it round. Once round and smooth, I put the pin chuck on the outside and slowly file the inside to the right diameter. As mentioned, I take my time, and I am using a wood lathe.

On the other hand, if you know the size, look at Grizzly and find a spindle sander of similar size, download the booklet/directions and then look up the parts. I have done that a couple of times in the past also. The only problem with Grizzly is their shipping prices are fairly high even on small parts. I have a daughter that lives in one town over from the Springfield MO Grizzly, so I pick up things there when I go to visit

Grizzly Spindle sander similar to the Ridgid:
    https://www.grizzly.com/products/gri...-sander/t27417
    Look on the right side and you will see a parts list. Find the one near your size.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• capncarl
      capncarl commented
      Editing a comment
      And when you order a washer, order 2 so you will have a spare and never need one again! Shipping is the same.
Working...