This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dbhost
    replied
    The Amazon tires are listed as compatible with Grizzly specifically. I would think they would work. I ordered a set to replace the aging tires on my Central Machinery bandsaw, so I will be doing the same project here shortly...

Leave a comment:

• Pappy
    replied
    Thanks for the responses. I'll try Carl's suggestion first along with a thorough cleaning of the pulleys before I put them on. If that doesn't work I'll buy a set off Amazon based on the best reviews and customer comments.

Leave a comment:

• capncarl
    replied
    Have you tried putting the tire that was walking off the wheel in a pot of hot ( tap water hot) and let it set and soften and relax. Put it back on and let it sit before putting a blade on it and try it. Urethane does funny things, I’ve had 0 rings completely come out of a pipe connection when overtighened. Don’t forget to relax the tension!

Leave a comment:

• LCHIEN
    replied
    Considering the blade runs on the center of the tire and the overhang will be no more than 1/32" (.0312") and you are probably using blades under than an inch wide, I think it would be OK.

Leave a comment:

• leehljp
    replied
    I thought I had bought a set from Amazon but could not find it. My daughter lives in the Springfield MO area so I bought a set from them when I was there about 2 years ago. I agree with you that Grizzly's shipping is outrageous compared to almost every other company that ships things out - large or small.

I did buy a set of orange urethane tires back around 2014 or so and replaced them in 2019 with Grizzly tires. I am sure I bought those orange ones from Amazon though. I personally don't think the 1/16 inch will make a difference in this case.

Leave a comment:

• Pappy
    started a topic Bandsaw Tires

Bandsaw Tires

I was using my bandsaw last week and the blade came off the pulleys, at least I thought. On inspection I found the upper pulley tire was out of the groove and was walking off the pulley. I put it back in place, reset the blade and started the saw. In less than a minute the tire had started off the pulley again. I had replaced the tires a while back and still had the old tires. I put them back on and the saw is running fine now. In all fairness the problem was my fault. I had put the saw away with the blade under tension.

The old tires are cracked and need to be replaced. No problem. Just go to the Grizzly website and order a set of tires. $32.00 for the pair. Not bad but when I went to check out I get hit with $15.00 for shipping. Ain't no way I'm going to pay 50% more in shipping for an item that small.

Amazon has multiple listings for 14" tires ranging from $15.00 to $45.00, most with free next day or 2 day shipping. The problem I am seeing is all of the Amazon listings show the tires to be 1" wide. Grizzly states the original rubber tires on their 14" saw are 15/16" wide. Anyone tried any of the tires other than those from Grizzly on a Grizzly bandsaw?
Working...