• Show
Clear All
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Who owns what?

I just aran across this article from January which explains what companies own what tool brands. It isn't comprehensive list by any means, but I noticed that the tool brands are grouped under manufactures by the ones I personally like dislike. An interesting 2 minute read nonetheless.

Power Tool Manufacturers and Who Really Owns Them
    Chr's
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

One interesting takeaway is that Sawstop is now owned by TTS who owns Festool. So Sawstop is in the Festool camp.
    Does that mean Steve Gass sold out his interest or is he still involved?

apparently it happened in late 2019 and it appears from the article linked below Gass is now heavily involved with Festool and applying his tech to Festool table saws.
    Festool SawStop detects when fingers come into contact with the saw blade and stops the circular saw within milliseconds. Read more about this revolutionary safety technology here.

Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

My eyes may be bad and I could have missed it but where was "Delta" in all of that?
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Jim Frye
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Maumee, OH, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Chang Type Industrial bought Delta from Stanley in Jan. 2017. Delta’s new CEO came from TTI. Delta is now located in Anderson, SC where Ryobi is also located there.
        Jim Frye
        The Nut in the Cellar.
        ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• sanderzz011
          Handtools only
          • Dec 2019

leehljp, I've recently got maybe the best gas hedge trimmer from Tanaka and man, it works perfectly in my garden, in some cases even better than Stanley saw. But of course, we should count that hedge trimmers made specifically for hedges, and saws did not. Now I'm just curious how much gas would it take as a consumption. Do you have any of such trimmers?

Comment

• leehljp
            Just me
            • Dec 2002
            • Tunica, MS
            • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by sanderzz011
            leehljp, I've recently got maybe the best gas hedge trimmer from Tanaka and man, it works perfectly in my garden, in some cases even better than Stanley saw. But of course, we should count that hedge trimmers made specifically for hedges, and saws did not. Now I'm just curious how much gas would it take as a consumption. Do you have any of such trimmers?
            I have a 25cc Poulan that is about 15 years old. It runs well but I loaned it to my daughter and then bought me a 40V electric. I like that one. The old poulan is much more powerful than the 40V electric but I only have less than a dozen bushes that need to be trimmed yearly. The poulan was overkill for my needs.
            Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• capncarl
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2007
              • Leesburg Georgia USA
              • SawStop CTS

Maybe the Festool Saw Stop will change the diameter of their saw blade enter hole to a simular size as their Kapex saw, not the same mind your, so everyone will have something else to fuss about! It makes no since buying a safety saw and not being able to use your existing blades.

Comment

Working...