X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

DIY corner radius jig

This guy makes some pretty cool jigs including this one. I've seen other similar jigs before but really like how precise this is. He likes the green tools as evidenced by his name.

This jig creates PERFECT corner radius routing templates with EFFORTLESS precision! Way more accurate than free-handing on a bandsaw.▼▼▼ READ MORE & GET THE...
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

see this thread

This forum is the place to post photos of your completed projects. Please try to limit pictures to 540px wide or less so that is is viewable to all. Off-topic threads in this forum will periodically be purged so as to keep it "clean".
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• JoeyGee
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • Sylvania, OH, USA.
      • BT3100-1

Loring, sorry but your link is no fun. There is no opportunity to spark any Festool related debates. Too much logic and reason there, too. We can't have that.
      Joe

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

Tell me if I'm doing something wrong but every time I try to use a router on a corner with end grain all I get is misery with the wood chipping or spattering badly. It looks like the demonstration wood was high density particle board.

Comment

• Black walnut
          Administrator
          • Aug 2015
          • BT3K

Originally posted by capncarl
          Tell me if I'm doing something wrong but every time I try to use a router on a corner with end grain all I get is misery with the wood chipping or spattering badly. It looks like the demonstration wood was high density particle board.
          You are likely doing something wrong. Exactly what is a bit harder for me to say from here. If you are doing one corner at a time make sure you are starting on the side and routing towards the end grain so that the fibers you are cutting are supported by the board.
          just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

• poolhound
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2006
            • Phoenix, AZ
            • BT3100

cool jigs. on my list
            Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
            techzibits.com

Comment