• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Yep, cast aluminum. Probably 3/16 to 1/6" thick...

I am about to delete the guard. I have no clue how it could possibly protect me, and it does get in the way, it is so hazy I can't see through it. Probably riskier using it than not...

The blade holders are pin end type. It did not come with the plain end adapters. However Amazon shows the Olson adapter sets. A bit spendy for what they are, but it's there...

The 2 speeds are nice. Does a good job.

I don't think the blower on mine is working at all... How do you use it?

FWIW, Mine is a Dremel 1671.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by dbhost
      I don't think the blower on mine is working at all... How do you use it?
      The saw arm drives a pump that the clear hose attaches to. I just position the blower nozzle right above the workpiece. It's not a big stream of air, but good enough to keep me from blowing the dust myself.

Last time I looked for replacement adapters they were higher than that one you linked to. I haven't found any dremel adapter parts, everyone was out of stock.

I usually use the pined blades, but the plain end ones are nice when needed. Especially for really little stuff where a hole for a pinned blade would be too big. Love the spiral pinned blades too.
      Erik

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Dave, there is a hose coming out of the top of the overarm in your picture. The hose is plugged into the top of a small bellows that's attached between the moving arm and fixed overarm. You should be able to pull the hose out of the hole and feel the puffs of air coming out of the bellows. Its possible the bellows is holed or ripped (an age problem).

The hose directs it to blow the dust away from the cutting area.

Is the blade guard also supposed to be a hold-down for the workpiece? Looks to be height-adjustable. Maybe the acrylic plastic polishes will clear up the old hazy plastic. I think Novus, Blue Magic, or one of the headlight polishes.
        Last edited by LCHIEN; 01-23-2012, 10:21 PM.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• tommyt654
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2008

I've been thinkin about getting one of those and saw this one recently on CL, But have not really needed one as of yet, Is that a good price and if so,how does this one seem on a price basis. I might go take a look tomorrow , http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/tls/2793878521.html

Comment

Working...