What's in your Wallet? What goodies you you keep next to your workbench/saw/router

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

What's in your Wallet? What goodies you you keep next to your workbench/saw/router

Well, OK really, What is in that basket of odds and ends next to the table saw and router table?
    1. Phillips #2 screwdriver
    2. 4-in one screwdriver
    3. ratcheting screwdriver with hex bit
    4. 12 Oz stubby harbor freight ball peen hammer
    5. large and small magnetic retrievers
    6. 3/4" wood chisel
    7. Sharpie
    8. toothbrush(s) for cleaning stuff
    9. 1/4" hex driver crank for raising and lowering router
    10. 2 glue brush
    11. Accutrax marking knife
    12. Pair of Scissors
    13. 6" adjustable wrench
    14. calculator
    15. A few pairs of takeaway bamboo chopsticks (good for cutting and poking as well as a pair of long reach tweezers for a Chinese guy.)
    16. small 7/16" combination wrench
    17. small 9/16" combination wrench
    18. piece of 3/8" dowel
    19. misc small scraps of wood
    On the end of the TS I have arbor wrenches, 4-in-1 screwdriver for throat plate, plus Allen wrenches for the BT3 I have not ever used. On the front of the Router table, pair of collet and shaft wrenches

Always out - tape measure, a couple of 6" steel rules, pentel 0.5" mech. pencil for marking. Hanging on a peg: combination square, push shoe, saddle square

Click image for larger version  Name:	P3080875.JPG Views:	0 Size:	138.3 KB ID:	848971
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 03-11-2022, 02:50 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

My toolbox and clamshell cabinets are a few mere steps away from my table saw / router table. So I don't really need a bin like that. HOWEVER, as you might recall I Have wall mounted bins immediately to the right of the table saw / router table. In that are...

#1. Disposable brushes.
    #2. Variety of gardening and chemical gloves.
    #3. Way too many pegboard pegs.
    #4. DId I mention pegboard pegs?
    #5. Some more pegboard pegs. Yeah I might have a problem. If you followed by shop evolution I started out with WAY too much pegboard and pegs to match. BIG mistake...

I must admit, I am intrigued by the chopsticks. Mostly because today is Wednesday when our local sushi place sells $7.00 Crunchy Rolls... Must be lunch time...
    Last edited by dbhost; 03-09-2022, 01:37 PM.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• twistsol
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
      • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

This is my rolling Festool cart and workcenter. I drag it around the shop depending on whereI'm working.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2625.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	124.2 KB ID:	849005

On the outboard tray I have
      1. Bench dogs,
      2. Metric Tape, there should be two of them there, I use a Fastcap True32 tape the most.
      3. Metric Ruler
      4. A Festool Toolie which has 90% of the tools necessary to align and adjust Festool stuff
      5. There is usually a packing knife here as well, but it is on another bench.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2626.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	115.2 KB ID:	849004

On the main tray I have
      1. Pencils and erasers
      2. A router collet that needs to be put away
      3. The packing knives have pencil blades in them
      4. A Festool flip stop
      5. Scribe Gauge
      6. And for some inexplicable reason, a Rainbird sprinkler nozzle and a baggie of SPD cleats for bicycling shoes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2628.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	99.1 KB ID:	849006

On the base
      1. Quick clamps for the tracks
      2. Quick clamps for the MFT/3
      3. More stops
      4. The orange things drop into holes on the MFT and hold 2x4s for breaking down sheet goods
      5. A base for my trim router that needs to be put away.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2627.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	127.6 KB ID:	849007

Hanging on the back side left to right
      1. Squares
      2. Still more clamps
      3. Left handed marking Knife
      4. Hearing Protection
      5. Extender bars for joining Festool rails
      6. Steel Rulers
      7. Marking Gauge

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2629.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	171.4 KB ID:	849003
      Chr's

Comment

• Jim Frye
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Maumee, OH, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Actually, nothing. Small shop and most everything is within a step or two away from the saw/router/assembly table/workbench. The workbench seems to fill up with stuff that is in current use.
        Jim Frye
        The Nut in the Cellar.
        ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

Working...