• Show
Clear All
  • ballard770
    Established Member
    • Jan 2016
    • Washington State
    • Ryobi BT3000

Interesting application for tool storage

I had an appointment with a podiatrist and while waiting in the examination room I noticed this Craftsman rolling tool cabinet. It probably cost 1/10 the amount of buying a similar item from a medical equipment company.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Probably could have saved another 50% or more buying Harbor Freight tool chests by "General" but then a doctors office equipped by Harbor Freight doesn't quite have that legitimacy.
    As with any doctor there is a 50-50 chance he graduated in the bottom half of his class at medical school.

Actually come to think of it the last time I went for the cardiac stress test, they had a crash cart that was a Craftsman roll-around tool chest for that purpose.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 09-27-2021, 05:25 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cwsmith
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • NY Southern Tier, USA.
      • BT3100-1

I have the earlier version of the Harbor Freight 8-drawer roller cabinet (https://www.harborfreight.com/26-in-...ack-64432.html). I don't use it as a 'crash cart' but it certainly lessens those hyper heart beat moments when I might otherwise be looking for a particular tool.

As I recall, I think I paid less than $300 when I made the purchase though (about two years ago).

Since I sold the house in Painted Post, I no longer have to have my manual tools stuffed in four or five bags; I'm now in the process of de-bagging those and locating them in drawers in the shop.

CWS
      Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

I’m impressed that a Dr. office will use a mechanical tool box. It showed me some financial responsibility because lab furniture is off the chart expensive.
        You could do a lot worse than a Harbor Freight US General tool box. I haven seen any Craftsman tool box that has a drawer and slide that comes close to the US General tool box drawers

Comment

• Condoman44
          Established Member
          • Nov 2013
          • CT near Norwich
          • Ryobi BT3000

Last night in a restaurant I noticed two Blue Point branded bus wagon, one black & the other red. Probably a better deal than the restaurant supply house.

Comment

Working...