• Show
Clear All
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Shop bulging with clamps

I got news of a local living estate sale for a Dr / woodworker, so I was there when they opened the doors. Overall I was very disappointed with the tools, but was able to grab 10 Irvin Quick Grip clamps in 36”,24” and 12”. The long ones were also the spreader type. The problem is I already have duplicates of all these clamps and my walls are full with the Irvin’s, Bessey F clamps, Rockler sure foot bar clamps, just to mention a few. Then I have a roll cart full of regular C clamp and vice grip clamps for iron working. I’ve seen a number of rolling clamp stands but didn’t pay attention because I figured I’d always have enough wall space. I was wrong. If anyone has a photo of your clamp cart that holds a lot of various clamps that you would share, I’d like to see it. This might get a pretty good discussion started. Someone will probably suggest that I send them the clamps, but many times I’ve had nearly every clamp I own in use…. And the shipping would probably cost more than the clamps are worth!
    capncarl
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Stop the bulging....

I could use a few clamps for my belly.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

LOL, if they were parallel clamps I would be asking you how much shipped... Seriously the Irwin clamps and regular F style clamps I have about a dozen each size... I could use some parallel clamps or better technique for gluing up wide panels...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Somehow my clamps are all over the shop in various groups.

Parallel Jaw clamps i.e. Bessey K-clamps, Jorgie Cab-Master
        Click image for larger version  Name:	PB051370.jpg Views:	0 Size:	135.1 KB ID:	856753
        Edge Clamps
        Click image for larger version  Name:	PB051371.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.0 KB ID:	856750
        Quick grips, small F-clamps
        Click image for larger version  Name:	PB051372.jpg Views:	0 Size:	197.1 KB ID:	856759 Click image for larger version  Name:	PB051379.jpg Views:	0 Size:	135.9 KB ID:	856761
        More of the same
        Click image for larger version  Name:	PB051373.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.7 KB ID:	856758
        Some longer F-clamps hanging from the garage door rails
        Click image for larger version  Name:	PB051374.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.2 KB ID:	856749
        Wooden handscrew clamps
        Click image for larger version  Name:	PB051375.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.2 KB ID:	856752
        Small squeeze spring clamps
        Click image for larger version  Name:	PB051376.jpg Views:	0 Size:	183.4 KB ID:	856754
        Aluminum bar clamps four down, four more going up in the corner
        Click image for larger version  Name:	PB051377.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.0 KB ID:	856751
        Handful of quckgrips next to the router table handy location
        Click image for larger version  Name:	PB051378.jpg Views:	0 Size:	184.1 KB ID:	856756
        Handfuls of 4" F-clamps for drill press table and band saw work
        Click image for larger version  Name:	PB051381.jpg Views:	4 Size:	173.1 KB ID:	856760
        Home made cam clamps
        Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	1.69 MB ID:	856763

There's more around not shown - C-clamps, Fence clamps, pocket hole clamps, etc.
        Oh yeah, about 6 Bessey Miter clamps and 3 other cheap miter clamps

There's no one storage place for all of them. quick count around 139.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by LCHIEN; 11-05-2023, 04:32 PM.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• capncarl
          capncarl commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like you have the same “Clamp Clutter” in your shop as I do! The more I ponder the problem I suddenly remember that I have another drawer full of clamps that I have forgotten about.
      • dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

I have my clamps all in that rolling clamp rack and to be honest with you it's not the most convenient location but it's safe space and it's not that hard to get stuff out of it I have no parallel clamps but I've got things like band clamps and corner clamps and things like that and a whole mess of F style clamps and quick grip style clamps including the cheap ones from harbor freight that everyone says break almost instantly but I haven't broke a single one yet.
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...