”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Makes me feel pretty inadequate.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Black walnut
      Administrator
      • Aug 2015
      • BT3K

You two are too modest. Yes there are some stellar projects there but a bunch of fill too IMHO. #19... how the heck. Over the years I have seen many projects posted here that would be at home in that list.
      just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

Those are great works and I saw some in Japan also - And I knew the guys that made some of the items. Jim, Some of your works would fit in well too.

It has been my observation that many woodworkers make OK things but hit a grand slam home run once or twice in their life - woodworking wise. Don't cut yourself short guys! I have seen some very nice things here!

The two covered swings 2/3's of the way through brought back some memories. I made an "A" frame swing, including the seat from scratch. The frame posts were 10cm by 15cm (4x6). I also had a corrugated roof similar to the ones in the picture. It started out simple and then got somewhat artistic. Several times, Japanese asked if they could have their pictures taken in the swing. A year after making it, a family came to me and asked me to make one for them. I did.
        Last edited by leehljp; 09-30-2023, 06:56 PM.
        Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

While there was absolutely some stunningly creative stuff there, most notably the whimsical knotted grandfather clock, and I love that some people have the ability and creativity to create something like that, I don't let others successes diminish my achievements, nor do I let my achievements diminish others successes. I am not in a competition with anyone else, just me, I just have to continue growing and learning...
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...