X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lowell
    • Jul 2003
    • Chula Vista, CA, USA.
    • Ryobi 10” Precision Woodcutting System, Model BT3100

Why do you use the one you use the most? Initially used based on recommendations by others. Works well, so I continue to use them.

How much do you buy at one time? 4 Oz, 8 oz, 16 Oz, 32 Oz, Gallon? Titebond, usally 8 or 16 oz CA, 2 oz.

Where do you store them (temperature issues)? Titebond, in a cabinet in the garage. CA, in a refrigerator.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

If I had any stock in Borden's which owns Elmer's, I'd sell it at this point. Zero Elmer's users so far.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Well, the gelatenous goo that was my bottle of Titebond II is now in the custody of Waste Management. And looking at the web site. My local Home Depot now has Titebond II in 8oz bottles, and Gallon jugs. And the gallon again is less than a quarts worth of 8oz bottles...

Oh and if I were so inclined, they offer it in a 5 gallon bucket. Good to know for doing PMF, but WAY too much for actual wood gluing unless I am doing some HUGE production of something.... Although honestly for PMF I prefer Gripper
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Jim Frye
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Maumee, OH, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Originally posted by dbhost
          Well, the gelatenous goo that was my bottle of Titebond II is now in the custody of Waste Management. And looking at the web site. My local Home Depot now has Titebond II in 8oz bottles, and Gallon jugs. And the gallon again is less than a quarts worth of 8oz bottles...

Oh and if I were so inclined, they offer it in a 5 gallon bucket. Good to know for doing PMF, but WAY too much for actual wood gluing unless I am doing some HUGE production of something.... Although honestly for PMF I prefer Gripper
          Interesting. Your HD stocking was the same as the Lowes and HD near me as well as the independent hardware store nearby. Makes me think that Titebond can't get the 16 oz. containers to fill with product. The stores near me had no 16 oz. bottles of any form of TB glue and only 8 oz. bottles of TBII. Sorta like issue CocaCola is having with aluminum cans.
          Jim Frye
          The Nut in the Cellar.
          ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by Jim Frye

Interesting. Your HD stocking was the same as the Lowes and HD near me as well as the independent hardware store nearby. Makes me think that Titebond can't get the 16 oz. containers to fill with product. The stores near me had no 16 oz. bottles of any form of TB glue and only 8 oz. bottles of TBII. Sorta like issue CocaCola is having with aluminum cans.
            In TB II, all I can find at least in the 3 closest Lowes and Home Depots near me have is gallons. No 8oz, no 16oz.
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Everleigh.Dionne
              Handtools only
              • Apr 2022

Originally posted by LCHIEN
              Poll: What is you choice(s) of woodworking glue? One of the traditional PVA-type glues or Polyurethane or a Cyanoacrylate (CA or Superglue)? You can select more than one.

Post a reply:
              Why do you use the one you use the most?

How much do you buy at one time? 4 Oz, 8 oz, 16 Oz, 32 Oz, Gallon?

Where do you store them (temperature issues)?
              A good wood glue is not only extremely strong but also manageable and simple to work with. It should be forgiving enough to let you properly position your surfaces without binding too quickly, and any unwanted residue should come off relatively easily. The most disappointing products are those that appear to create a firm bond but then dry and leave you right where you began, with loose pieces coated in an ugly, brittle layer. To avoid those results, view our picks below, which offer outstanding strength and are optimal for different projects.

Comment

• leehljp
                Just me
                • Dec 2002
                • Tunica, MS
                • BT3000/3100

I am surprised I have not posted on this thread. I use:

• TiteBond for most medium and large wood projects;

• Titebond for replacing wood pieces in furniture type items.

• Epoxy of different open times for most smaller projects, limited to one or two spots;

• Epoxy for repairing broken wood pieces; Epoxy on ceramic over CA - from experience and my ability.

• specific brands of CA for finish on pens and very small bowls; CA for quick glue jobs but not for where long term strength is needed.

• Polyurethane glue for gluing tubes into pen blanks, and for some cases where filler is needed in relative small projects. I also will use polyurethane glue when I want tight grip on hidden joints different materials.

• The epoxy weld glues for fillers and build up where bulk and strength are needed.
                Last edited by leehljp; 04-21-2022, 08:00 PM.
                Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...