Looking for lighthouse lamp project plans.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Looking for lighthouse lamp project plans.

So in our home remodel we are doing a beach / nautical theme for our guest bedroom, which was to include a pair of Lighthouse lamps. I am not finding any that I particularly like, and am wondering if anyone has a good project / woodworking plan for building a lighthouse bed side lamp.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Photo of 2 lamps I built 5 or so years ago with a nautical theme. They are made out of small slat plantation style shutters that I cut down to the desired width. The shutters are functional and can be closed off to allow a minimum of light for mood or a night light. The lamp shades are painted on by my youngest son and represent things we did or saw during our camping or boating trips. The sailfish was a picture of one I that caught. I like light houses but I’ve never seen any lighthouse lamps that are very functional as a lamp, they are usually just a lighthouse with a lamp sticking out the top.

Comment

• Carlos
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

I don't really know what a lighthouse lamp is. This is what I'm working on with a nautical theme. This is a prototype, not sure how it will shake out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1423.jpeg
Views:	126
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	836423

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

My photos must be in la-la land. I’ll try again