• Show
Clear All
  • Iansaws
    Established Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Marietta, Ga
    • Ryobi BT3100

Parts needed for router table accessory

I have lost 1 of the T-nuts that come with the accesorry kit for the BT3x00. it is made to slide into the grove on top of the rip fence and the router table attachments attach to them. The set-up requires 5 of the T-nuts and I can only find 4.
    Does anyone know where I can get one?
    I feel more like I do today than I did yesterday...
  • steve-norrell
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2006
    • The Great Land - Alaska
    • BT3100-1

You can probably get it here http://www.t-nuts.com/bt3c/

Regards, Steve

Comment

• phi1l
      • Oct 2009
      • Madison, WI

If you have a grinding wheel, it would probably be much easier to make one from a standard nut just larger than the slot.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by phi1l
        If you have a grinding wheel, it would probably be much easier to make one from a standard nut just larger than the slot.
        thats what i was just thinking, if you just need one. you only need to grind two opposite sides, not four, and they are standard SAE (USA Fractional, not metric) nuts.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cgallery
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2004
          • Milwaukee, WI
          • BT3K

Originally posted by LCHIEN
          thats what i was just thinking, if you just need one. you only need to grind two opposite sides, not four, and they are standard SAE (USA Fractional, not metric) nuts.
          But the nuts at the top of the fence are pretty wide (about 1") and thin, aren't they?

The 5/16" nuts at the hardware store wouldn't be large enough, would they?

Comment

• pelligrini
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2007
            • Fort Worth, TX
            • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by cgallery
            But the nuts at the top of the fence are pretty wide (about 1") and thin, aren't they?

The 5/16" nuts at the hardware store wouldn't be large enough, would they?
            The top of the fence uses the wider nuts. The slot in the face of the fence could use the smaller ones.
            Erik

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by pelligrini
              The top of the fence uses the wider nuts. The slot in the face of the fence could use the smaller ones.
              actually i was thinking of the slot in the left side of the rip fence, that uses the smaller nuts. The top and the right side use the larger nuts, don't have the info off the top of my head but the T-nuts site lists it.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• phi1l
                • Oct 2009
                • Madison, WI

Just take one to th nearest hardware store, & look around to see if you can find something with the same thread & is slightly bigger. There is probably something that can be made to work in the weird nuts& bolts section.

You might have together a nut & a trimmed down fender washer though

Comment

• JR
                  The Full Monte
                  • Feb 2004
                  • Eugene, OR
                  • BT3000

t-nuts.com is the way to go. Get a mixed bag. They're very useful for tall rip fences, router fences, all manner of fixtures and jigs.

JR
                  JR

Comment

• conwaygolfer
                    Established Member
                    • Jun 2008
                    • Conway, SC.
                    • BT3000

Toilet bolts !!!

I noticed last year that someone here took toilet flange bolts and used them on the rip fence. I did the same. You just have to do a little grinding on the 2 sides to make them fit. They have a wide base and work great.

Hope this helps.

Conwaygolfer

Comment

• pelligrini
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2007
                      • Fort Worth, TX
                      • Craftsman 21829

In response to the OP T-nuts.com would be the best option. I like having an assortment on hand. His assortment packs of nuts and studs are good. I picked up a bunch of knobs when I made my order too. Their T-Nuts are a lot heftier than the stamped Ryobi ones. I like the shoulder profile on them as well.

He'll give a 10% discount for BT members, be sure to follow Steve's link or the one at the top of the main forum page.
                      Erik

Comment

• dbhost
                        Slow and steady
                        • Apr 2008
                        • League City, Texas
                        • Ryobi BT3100

If I remember right, the slots on the top of the fence, and the inside / bottom of the rails are the same size, and use the same T nuts... I'd mail you out a spare if I had one, I need to buy a bunch... I use them a LOT...
                        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Iansaws
                          Established Member
                          • Jul 2007
                          • Marietta, Ga
                          • Ryobi BT3100

Thanks for all the suggestions. i can't beleive I missed the T-nut.com option...it is at the top of the home page here. I just learned a lot more about my TS's potential.
                          I feel more like I do today than I did yesterday...

Comment

• phi1l
                            • Oct 2009
                            • Madison, WI

Originally posted by conwaygolfer
                            I noticed last year that someone here took toilet flange bolts and used them on the rip fence. I did the same. You just have to do a little grinding on the 2 sides to make them fit. They have a wide base and work great.

Hope this helps.

Conwaygolfer
                            ya .... what he said

Comment

• Black wallnut
                              cycling to health
                              • Jan 2003
                              • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                              • BT3k 1999

Originally posted by phi1l
                              Just take one to th nearest hardware store, & look around to see if you can find something with the same thread & is slightly bigger. There is probably something that can be made to work in the weird nuts& bolts section.

You might have together a nut & a trimmed down fender washer though
                              With all due respect do you even own a BT3X table saw? Have you done this? Do you even know how big the slot is on the top of the rip fence on a BT3 saw? IIRC this takes the med-large size t-nut as sold by t-nut.com. There is no toliet bolt that would fit that I have ever seen. However you may be able to find an elevator bolt to grind down but I really doubt most hardware stores would even carry those in the sizes needed as they are meant for dry product bucket elevators like you will find at a flour mill.

The best option is to order several from t-nuts.com. The second best home brew option is to file a piece of flatbar that you then drill and tap a 5/16 x 18 hole centered. This second option will cost you more in time and materials than a T-nut.com one unless you happen to work for free plus have steel flat bar lying around.
                              Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

Working...