• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Yes, I was going to say that I saw a NO EXCLUSIONS coupon and it did specifically say it was not applicable to items on sale and gift cards and such.
    However, the normal coupons often have specific exclusions such as Air compressors and floor jacks, welders, tool chests and carts. As well as certain name brands.
    I'm sure that's what they were referring to.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

Last week, My computer’s battery deteriorated enough that I had to order another. Then a ribbon connector broke and I have been using my phone for email, text and internet. The screen is small enough with normal print. I did not see the fine print. My phone will send whatever I need to the printer easily enough. When I printed out the coupon, there was no fine print on it. I had to take the HF managers word for it.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

I like the NO EXCLUSIONS....except.

Comment

• capncarl
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Leesburg Georgia USA
          • SawStop CTS

I became a lot more cautious with jacking and lifting equipment after a work acquaintance was killed on the job when a battery powered robotic forklift fell on him. The reports said he was at fault because he did not use follow safety protocol by jack stands and disconnecting the power source when he jacked up the rear end of the 10,000 lb forklift and slid on his back under it. The forklift only had 2” ground clearance, they didn’t have an open casket funeral. Supposedly the forklift fell off the jack but rumor said the robotic forklift drove or rode forward off the jack.

Comment

• atgcpaul
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2003
            • Maryland
            • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by LCHIEN
            However, the normal coupons often have specific exclusions such as Air compressors and floor jacks, welders, tool chests and carts. As well as certain name brands.
            I'm sure that's what they were referring to.
            I got one of their floor jacks for a good price using a coupon. The only problem was it had to be a specific SKU and the pallet was all mixed. The one I needed was at the bottom of a heavy stack of jacks.

Comment

• capncarl
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2007
              • Leesburg Georgia USA
              • SawStop CTS

I’ve noticed that with a shelf full of seemingly exact tools, there will be different SKUs in those items. It’s almost like a different day or month will have a different SKU as if they were using it to track the mfg date.

Comment

• capncarl
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2007
                • Leesburg Georgia USA
                • SawStop CTS

I recently purchased a crown stapler at HF. The tag on the air connection had this on it. Now how am I going to do that? What if I go on a trip? Do I have to take it with me.
                Don’t want to void my warranty

Comment

• LCHIEN
                  Internet Fact Checker
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Katy, TX, USA.
                  • BT3000 vintage 1999

what tag is that?

And I don't understand why they have multiples of the same identical products but with multiple different SKUs. I'm guessing so they can manage their sales and promotional giveaways not extending it to all their stock of an item.
                  Loring in Katy, TX USA
                  If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                  BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Jim Frye
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Maumee, OH, USA.
                    • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

There is a HF near my home and I generally like going there. I have yet to find any employee who knows where much of anything is, so every visit is something of a scavenger hunt. It's like going to Odd Lots or Home Goods, you never know what you will find. It's OK, I expect it and sometimes I find something unique and useful. I once stumbled upon a touch up spray gun that turned out to be a really good quality tool that produced a great finish.
                    Jim Frye
                    The Nut in the Cellar.
                    ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• leehljp
                      Just me
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Tunica, MS
                      • BT3000/3100

Reviving a 6 weeks old thread - I had to use the lift twice Yesterday (Saturday). One of the blades was loose on my mower. I had replaced the spindle about 6 weeks ago and tightened everything, but when replacing new items such as the spindle and blade - and then using it, - caution requires one to try it out and check it out to see if everything is tight. For me, it wasn't. After 5 minutes of cutting, I noticed some noise and put it on the lift to check out. Glad I did and it sure is nice to have a lift to check under the deck.

Within about 5 minutes of cutting again, I noticed the on-off shift lever for the blade engagement wasn't working quite right. Back to the lift. And this is where I decided to get an oiler can. The double rollers (for tightening the belts for belt engagement) were not tightening enough. The spring was strong but the engagement roller platform needed oiling. As mentioned on the Thread on Oilers here
                      WD-40 doesn't do a great job in many situations.

Anyway, the lift sure came in handy yesterday. One of the best investments for lawn tractors/riding lawn mowers I have ever made. Well worth having. A necessity, IMO.

https://www.harborfreight.com/300-lb...awn+mower+lift
                      Last edited by leehljp; 04-18-2021, 05:48 AM.
                      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Jim Frye
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Maumee, OH, USA.
                        • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Lawn mower maintenance, stupid is as stupid does. I was mowing today and rushing a bit to get done before the rain came in. I took a turn sorta fast and rolled a rear tire off its bead causing an instant flat with the blade motors running. Yes, I didn't check the tire pressures when I took it out of storage for the season. So I'm out in the drive jacking up the back end of a 600 pound electric mower with a 2,000 pound floor jack. It only took a few minutes to reseat the tire beads and inflate the tire with my Ryobi One+ 18 volt inflator, but I still feel stupid.
                        Jim Frye
                        The Nut in the Cellar.
                        ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

Working...