• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Storing hose.

I have stored my hose on the driveway laid out for a long time. My wife hates it, says it looks bad. I think its unobtrusive.

Do you think this is OK or do you agree with the missus?

She wants me to hang a hose reel on the side of the house and reel it up every time I use it, I find its real easy to use with it laid out, I just pull it into position and pull it back.
    I think a reel will stick out too close to the car when I pass and it will be a pain to use. Every reel I ever used leaked eventually.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1120015.JPG Views:	0 Size:	138.8 KB ID:	842073 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1120016.JPG Views:	0 Size:	192.0 KB ID:	842074
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

The location of your spigot makes me really nervous for so obvious reasons.

I like my hose rolled up on a reel and I made one for this house, but in your case with how close your car is, I would use your approach.

Now do you actually use the hose more towards the garage or the front of the house? If towards the garage, could you setup a reel down there connected to this spigot with a hose laid out?

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

It s a 75 foot hose, I use it up and down the driveway and the far side of the driveway, in the backyard, and in half of the front yard
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• twistsol
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
        • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

I called in a higher power on this one. My wife thinks it looks fine. This is the woman who thought leaving a tractor or the bobcat outside overnight on 20 acres was nearly a capital offense.
        Chr's

Comment

• leehljp
          Just me
          • Dec 2002
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

What about a gray water hose so that it looks a bit less unobtrusive on the gray driveway? I agree that a reel will stick out too far and they leak after a while, or at least they short hose to the reel springs a leak.
          Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Carlos
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2004
            • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Get a fluorescent color hose from Flexzilla, when she gets used to that, the other one will look just fine.

I put a black or super dark gray hose up front and it disappears more than any other color.

Comment

Working...