X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mangorockfish
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2017

Late To The Party

Kind of new here. Registered quite sometime ago but haven't been here in a long time. I just bought a BT3100 last week from an older gentleman that told me he had cut one piece of plywood and never used it again. Used his bandsaws. Said that it sat idle all of its life except for the one cut. The saw looks like it was brand new. The stand has a few small scuffs but I think I can clean them up. Now for the real kicker. I'm going tomorrow to pick up another one from an online auction that looks nicer than the first one in the pictures. I have wanted a BT3100 ever since I found out about them and now have two. Can't wait to start using them. I do mainly planter boxes and picture frames for the wife. What dado blade works best on these saws? Thanks and glad to be here.
    Last edited by mangorockfish; 04-07-2024, 07:41 PM.
  • Black walnut
    Administrator
    • Aug 2015
    • BT3K

Congrats on your find! Any good quality 6" stacked dado will be good to use with this saw. *' and you will have clearance issues if you want to run a full stack. I have a freud stack and added a 3/32" chipper. Make sure that you make or buy a dado throat plate. You should also use both factory blade washers, and take out one or both of the spacer washers.
    just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

There's a lengthy discussion of dado blades for the bt3x saws in the FAQ linked in my signature line below.
      it explains why but the recommendation is a six inch stack dado is your best operational dado. And really good for any reasonable cut depth. Freud SD x06 are good. I think they make a 206 and 306 models.

By the way, welcome!
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 04-07-2024, 11:16 PM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Black walnut
        Administrator
        • Aug 2015
        • BT3K

Freud actually makes three 6" stack dados; 206, 306, and 506. The difference is cost to consumer, number of and sizing of chippers, and number of teeth on outside blades plus the number of spacer shims. Most members have chosen the 206 set, or a different brand, due to availability and cost.
        just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

I have either the sd206 or SD 306, I'll have to check. But I've been very happy with it.

I have the sd308 but it's too big to fit properly without compromise over 1/2 inch width. I almost never can think when I need a 2.5" deep dado. 1.5" with a 6" stack is good foe everything.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Stile_ss
            Forum Newbie
            • Apr 2024

It's never too late if you compare to your self, better late then never my pal

Comment

• leehljp
              Just me
              • Dec 2002
              • Tunica, MS
              • BT3000/3100

Welcome! Always good to have new friends joining in.
              Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...