Tiny Tables for a “For The Love Of Turtles” event.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Tiny Tables for a “For The Love Of Turtles” event.

The art gallery in Apalachicola Fla. is sponsoring a special event, “For The Love Of Turtles”. It’s an invitational event and should have a lot of different contributing artists.
    As a regular contributor at the gallery everyone supposed that since I carve Tiny Trees and Tiny Mushrooms I would carve a turtle. I expect a number of wood carvers displaying turtles, and these guys are really really good and I don’t want to be embarrassed with my carvings! I suprised them with a couple of antique pine Tiny Tables with turtle themed glass cutting boards. Not so artistic buying a retail market cutting board and putting it in a table, but I’m supporting the event, and who wouldn’t want one of these tables… or both of them!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7567.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.2 KB ID:	856371 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7570.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.8 KB ID:	856372 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7569.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.3 KB ID:	856373 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7571.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.7 KB ID:	856374 .
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Another Tiny Table. Made from old cypress with an insert piece of Pecky Cypress under glass.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7574.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	856377 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7575.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	856378

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

One of my best friends sons is crazy about turtles for some reason... That is a pretty cool idea... I wonder if I could find a sufficient sized ceramic tile with turtle artwork to integrate into a project for a Chrsitmas gift...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• twistsol
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
        • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Those are very nice. My grand daughter is also very fond of turtles. We will be doing a turtle rescue on our cruise next week.
        Chr's

Comment

• capncarl
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Leesburg Georgia USA
          • SawStop CTS

I made a series of beach theme Tiny Tables a few years ago that had 4 beach wildlife theme coasters as inserts. I believe that some of those coasters are still online. Funny though, when I made the first beach theme Tiny Table with glass cutting board inserts there were a number of different scenes available and now I only find a few.

Comment

• capncarl
            capncarl commented
            Editing a comment
            Something went bonkers with the photo insertion
        Working...