• Show
Clear All
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

ShopSmith storage cabinet from salvage and scraps

Finally, after a number of years, I had some shop time last week and completed my Shopsmith Storage cabinet. Now I don't need to dig through cardboard boxes, plastic bins, and other tool cabinets to find all the little pieces and parts to make my Shopsmith function

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2525.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	275.6 KB ID:	847119

It's a pair of basic plywood european cabinets with painted MDF slab drawer fronts, all from scrap. The top is a piece of butcher block counter salvaged from a remodel. It's sitting on the base I used to use to hold the box scraper from my old tractor. The handles are are from a surplus seconds shop and were 15 cents each. The holes in the handles are off center by 1/4". The only parts I bought were the 6 Blum Blu motion drawer slides.
    Chr's
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Thumbs up! Good recycling use of materials. Nice storage.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

You guys know I am all into reusing lumber. Love this build, and love the fact that you repurposed previously used materials.
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...