3D Print files for various BT3x00 parts.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

3D Print files for various BT3x00 parts.

Our much beloved Ryobi BT3x00 table saws and their Craftsman variants have been out of production a good long while now, and many of the plastic bits and bobs that keep them going are out of production and no longer available.

Fortunately we live in the age of 3D printing and 3D printers being available relatively inexpensively. I got my Voxelab Aquila for example on a lihgting deal for about the price of a set of ink jet cartridges for my Photosmart printer...

After peruising the various designs I am working on collecting BT related print files to share with this community. Hopefully you find this helpful. IF you find you need some of these bits and bobs and don't have a printer and don't want to buy one, many public libraries have maker spaces where you can get access to 3D printers, and of course if you ask nicely one of us on the forum, you might be able to work a deal to get a print done for needed parts...

Please use this thread to share your links to 3D print files for various BT3x00 parts and related items.

BT3x00 miter fence end caps. These are the 3pc style that I believe was common on BT3000, my BT3100 is slightly different but I have seen lots of factory BT3x00 saws with this style so no doubt this design is a copy of that.
    https://www.printables.com/model/203...iter-end-block

dbhosts updated BT3x00 miter fence end caps. These are a one piece print. If you look at ehubbells design, the upper piece that is OEM on the BT3100 fence is a separate print. I sat down with my old fence end, calipers, and Sketchup and whipped up the new design, redoing ehubbells design via the Creative Commons Attribution license.
    Credit www.sawdustzone.org user ehubbell for the original design for the BT3000. I have updated these to include the upper part as a one piece print instead of 3 pieces. This is a copy of the Ryobi OEM parts with some additional support. These are often sawn through, I printed mine using safety orange PLA and it will be VERY Hard to not see exactly where the miter fence ends are... My succesful prints: Voxelab Aquila using Voxelab PLA. Slicing software Cura. Rafts and supports, infill 20%, Cooling fan at 80%, bed temp at 65 deg, extruder at 210 deg. All other settings default.

BT3x00 miter fence clamp.
    The miter fence holder for my craftsman table saw (Ryobi BT3000 clone) broke. This was no surprise because it is a thin plastic part with sharp inside corners. I was able to find a replacement part at the link below, but it seems to be going out of production and I was concerned that the part would break again. I took the opportunity to first reverse engineer the part and then improve upon the design. My new design is much more solid and hopefully should reduce the susceptibility to cracking of the original. I printed out of Monoprice PLA + and the part has been strong enough so far. https://www.ereplacementparts.com/miter-fence-holder-p-150386.html

BT3000 handwheel.
    This wheel can get its center slot-hole stripped if you try to turn it too hard as it is the only non-metal piece involved in the blade raise/lower mechanism. Lubricate your bevel gears! It's a tight fit and I had to file both the crank handle pin hole and the center slot a tiny bit. Use a pair of snap ring pliers (generally an automotive tool; you might be able to borrow from your local auto parts store) to transfer the handle. Use a mallet and a block of wood to lightly tap the wheel onto the center axle before replacing the center hex screw.

BT3000 Rip Fence plastic parts
    These are plastic parts for the BT3000 Table Saw Rip Fence. Included are plastic pads for the front Clamp Handle, the Clamp Handle itself (requires a short length of 1/2-13 threaded rod), and the Rip Fence Roller Holder which has been prone to cracking over time.

BT3x00 miter gauge pivot
    This is a plastic part from a Ryobi BT3000 Table Saw. This part is the pivot for the Miter Gauge on the sliding Crosscut Table.

BT3x00 Rip Fence / Miter Fence storage clip
    This is a plastic clip used to hold the Rip and Crosscut fences when not in use.

BT3x00 SMT glide upper piece. Best done if your printer can do nylon filament prints. Can be doen in PLA but likely have shorter life.
    This clip fits under the sliding miter table. it is the clip that fits closest to the table rides on top of the aluminum rail. I printed in PLA and it slides fine but Nylon may be a better choice for longevity.

BT3x00 handwheel knob.
    My Ryobi BT3000 tablesaw's blad adjustment handle broke off many years ago, leaving only the center metal shaft it rotated on and the two locking star-shaped spacers attached to the saw. I used an allen wrench to remove the center spindle/shaft and locking spacers from the saw and took some measurements and created a new placement handle in Tinkercad. After placing the center spindle into the hole in the new handle, I used a deep-well 12mm socket to force (lightly hammer) the star-shaped lock washers onto the spindle and down into the hole of the handle to hold it tight. Leave an inch or more between the two star-shaped washers so it can support the handle in two locations. Once both locking washers were in place, I pushed the exposed portion of the locking washer into the tablesaw and tightened the allen screw.

BT3x00 Porter Cable Router mounting plate. Designer recommends 100% infill.
    https://www.printables.com/model/143...pter-to-bt3100

The author posted this for the BT3x00 but this is a generic 4x2.5 dust reducer. Not sure why you would do this other than it would be cheaper than buying an ABS piece or you could do custom colors / change sizes to maybe attach smaller or bigger tubing...
    This is a dust port adapter that accepts a 4" dust collection hose and has a friction fit to the Ryobi BT3100 table saw. It may fit the previous version, the BT3000, as well. In fact, the narrow diameter is the same as a Shop Vac hose so this likely fits many table saws. Their is a lip at the base of the cone that provides a positive stop for the hose and it's tall enough that you could likely clamp the hose onto the adapter if you so desired - in my usage it has not been necessary to clamp it as it has a nice friction fit. If you print with the narrow side down, you do not need supports. Tips and comments / feedback welcomed. Thanks

BT3x00 router table throat plates.
    Ryobi BT-3000 Router table insert plates. 3 sizes 1/2 inch 1 inch and 1 1/2 inch hole.

Need a regular miter gauge, have a 3D printer and some filament but no money? Print this out. Copy of Ryobi band saw miter gauge. I might actually make one of these for my band saw...
    Ryobi 900 Band Saw Miter gauge. Never had one, so decided to make one. UPDATED 6/10/2017: Increased size of mitre base by 50%. Increased handle size by 50%. Corrected hole sizes for M3 bolts and nuts. I borrowed the angle marks from thomasdr:http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1092306 Available to edit on Tinkercad:https://www.tinkercad.com/things/iwiS5fRdEjH-ryobi-900-mitre-gauge/

If you know of any additional 3D print files, particularly in STL, or even just properly sized Sketchup models, please feel free to share. For those of us eith the small / cheap printers throat plates for example might be tough, but then again, Libraries have 3D printers sometimes, and some of them may be good sized ones...

Sharing these files might just help someone keep their BT working just that much longer...
    Last edited by dbhost; 06-12-2022, 06:54 PM.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • Jshack01
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2020
    • Pittsburgh, PA
    • Ryobi BT3000

I'm working on a ZCI or maybe a SCTP. It'll probably be a two piece thing because I think my Ender 3 Pro can only print up to 200mm x 200mm, but I've seen versions for other makes of saw that have clever dovetail connections that would work out. Fingers crossed .

I'm also working on fence rail caps with some sort of wedges that will actually stay in place. This would be a straight up 'reverse engineering' of something I saw on Etsy, and by reverse engineering I do mean straight up rip-off.

Wish me luck.

Comment

• dbhost

dbhost
      commented
      Editing a comment
      If you add the Ender Extender Xl kit that gives you 400mm x 400mm print surface you can sure do that. But failing that, just do the old BT3X trick and make your ZCTPs out of 1/8" wood. Pretty easy since they are simple rectangles with screw holes...

Having said that, I will likely eventually add the Ender Extender kit for the Aquila to mine with the Z axis 500mm upgrade and BLTouch as well... But that is a lot of printing projects down the road... If you are heart set on an STL for it, I can whip one up based on my blank ZCTP but since I can't print it, I can't verify 100% that the screw holes will be in the right place...
      Last edited by dbhost; 06-20-2022, 11:39 AM.
  • biologyben
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2007
    • WV
    • Craftsman 21829

Awesome! Thank you for compiling and posting!

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

If anyone has or knows of any others. PLEASE post up the links and a quick description of the part...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Thanks, Dave. This is an awesome resource and you posted in the right forum discussion group!
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• nicer20
          Established Member
          • Sep 2007
          • Dublin, CA
          • BT3100

This is a good resource - hope it grows with more contributions.

dbhost - "BT3x00 SMT glide upper piece. Best done if your printer can do nylon filament prints. Can be doen in PLA but likely have shorter life.
          https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5027038"

This is interesting since this is one part that is prone to wear and tear from usage. Wonder if anyone has done the matching lower part​.

Jshack01 - Wondering if you were able to complete some of the things you were working on.

Comment

• biologyben
            Forum Newbie
            • Nov 2007
            • WV
            • Craftsman 21829

Not for 3d printing, but in the context of DIY parts, I slightly modified the original shark guard plans with extend cut lines and drill center points. I could also post the DXF for CNC use if desired.
            Attached Files

Comment

• LCHIEN
              LCHIEN commented
              Editing a comment
              This particular thread is for 3D printed parts.

If you want to contribute to DIY parts the forum that this is in
              Forum
              Discussions
              BT3x00 Replacement Parts Forum

is the place to put it.
              I say this to help make posts like this more easily findable by search.
              If you post it with a title of its own: SHARK guard modified riving knife plan

then future searchers can have a higher chance of finding it.
              Thanks fr your contribution!
              Last edited by LCHIEN; 01-28-2023, 12:08 PM.
          Working...