• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

BT3 belts availability looking up, prices down

We know that the original Ryobi supplied dual belts were Specially made poly urethane ribbed belts.
    For the last few years prices were exceeding $20 each and you need two usually.

You will notice now on eBay there are sellers selling belts purportedly for the BT3's - they appear black in the pictures but are supposed to be exact replacements.
    Ryobi BT3000 Table Saw Replacement V Belt # 662329001 969207002 -2PK

Brand New! Includes (2) 662329001 Belts. New, Bulk Packed. OEM replacement part. Consult owners manual for proper part number identification and proper installation. Compatible with: Ryobi : BT3000 10" Table Saw, BT3100 10" Precision Woodcutting Table Saw, BT3100-1 10" Table Saw

Best thing is that you can get 2 for under $20... the price range reflects various shipping charge extra vs free shipping.
    Maybe now is the time to pickup a spare pair... insurance... before they become scarce again.
    Apparently Amazon, too. Just ordered a pair with slow shipping from China... price +taxes +shipping was $10.80 I'll let you know when I get them in a month. Search BT3000 belt on either Amazon or eBay.
    One month+ shipping from China, don't wait until you need one.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ryobit bt3000 belts.JPG Views:	0 Size:	75.6 KB ID:	845597
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 10-03-2021, 12:33 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • nicer20
    Established Member
    • Sep 2007
    • Dublin, CA
    • BT3100

Loring, this sounds like a good idea - and I like your "insurance" strategy

Comment

• cwsmith
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • NY Southern Tier, USA.
      • BT3100-1

Loring,

Thanks for the informational post. I'll definitely be ordering an extra set of belts. I wonder what the shelf life of these would be?

The first time I cut a ZCP I burned a belt becausee I didn't have the blade adjust all the way down. It wasn't too long after I had bought my saw and I was still learning. (The BT was my first table saw.) Lesson learned and with the process of hanging a belt too!

While replacing belts is not something I would be looking forward to, it certainly is adviseable have have a spare set handy..

Thanks again

CWS
      Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• LCHIEN
        LCHIEN commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know... I still have the original belts in my saw from 1999 so I would guess ordinarily shelf life exceeds operating life.
        Normally I think of Polyurethane is tough, resistant, stable stuff. Much better than natural rubber or PVC which takes a set, gets hard or cracks with age.
        However, I have had some PU air hoses, rot on me after 5-10 years but some UV (sunlight) exposure may have been involved. Not sure if there is a formulation difference
        Last edited by LCHIEN; 10-03-2021, 01:03 PM.
    • capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

I’ve had automotive timing belts last 30 years with moderate use. Black belts are probably mfg’d by makers of auto timing belts and industrial cog belts so they will likely be a corded belt and should last a long time. I know it won’t prevent much gassing off but I would probably store the spare belts in a vacuum pack bag and store in the house where it is climate controlled vrs in the hot/cold shop.

Comment

• nicer20
        Established Member
        • Sep 2007
        • Dublin, CA
        • BT3100

Loring,

Any update on the belts? did you receive yours and are they looking good?

I want to order as an insurance as well but thought I will wait until I receive your seal of approval

Thanks.

NG

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Ordered 10/2 and I did receive them on 10/18 almost three weeks earlier than promised.. Black, as was pictured, not the original OEM belt amber color.
          But they appear to be correct. I am not going to change them out for no reason so I am going to assume they will work.
          Storing them in a light tight box so no UV degradation will occur, I hope.

Here's the eBay link where I bought them (sale item is a pair of belts.).

Consult owners manual for proper part number identification and proper installation. Compatible with: Ryobi : BT3000 10" Table Saw, BT3100 10" Precision Woodcutting Table Saw, BT3100-1 10" Table Saw.
          Last edited by LCHIEN; 10-28-2021, 06:28 PM.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• nicer20
            Established Member
            • Sep 2007
            • Dublin, CA
            • BT3100

Great !!

Will order mine. I completely understand the reason for not installing - hey we are buying an insurance policy after all right ;-)

BTW from the picture in the link it looks like they are plain on the outside and have ribs on the inner surface. I think the OEM ones have some kind of nubs on outside - not sure of the inside ribs. Of course these may be cosmetic features, especially the outer surface ones.

Just an observation.

Thanks again,

NG

Comment

• LCHIEN
              LCHIEN commented
              Editing a comment
              "hey we are buying an insurance policy after all right"

Yeah, don't kill the spouse to see if the insurance policy is reliable and pays out! But there may be other reasons!
          • dirtmover
            Forum Newbie
            • Dec 2005
            • Ottawa, ON, Canada.

Originally posted by LCHIEN
            Ordered 10/2 and I did receive them on 10/18 almost three weeks earlier than promised.. Black, as was pictured, not the original OEM belt amber color.
            But they appear to be correct. I am not going to change them out for no reason so I am going to assume they will work.
            Storing them in a light tight box so no UV degradation will occur, I hope.

Here's the eBay link where I bought them (sale item is a pair of belts.).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324004487986
            Just ordered the same ones to have as spares. Looking at the pics they appear to be more like reinforced rubber rather than the PU of the originals.

Not convinced they will last 23 years like the originals but not sure I'll last that long either.

Comment

• dbhost
              Slow and steady
              • Apr 2008
              • League City, Texas
              • Ryobi BT3100

I've got a stash of spares for my saw, switch, motor, brushes, tee nuts, throat plates, ZCTPs etc... and will likely grab a spare set of belts as well.

I am a good ways off from retirement age, but I fully expect with proper maintenance and at least half hearted care, I don't see why, aside from repair parts availability, that this saw wouldn't end up with a longer service life than its current owner.

I DID have one vexing issue with the saw that I never found the actual issue, it would cut in / out while cutting. Which is why I bought the spare motor. Checked switch, and the custom relocated wiring as my switch is located on the rail just below the SMT by the prior owner, and the funny little safety plug in power cable thing on the side, I guess that makes it easier to be absolutely certain you disconnected power before putting fingers anywhere dangerous... But I digress.

I literally inspected EVERYTHING, including taking OE brushes out, metering the stator, etc... Not a single issue. Metered the custom wiring for the switch. 100% good, but when it went back together, no problems at ll...

I am guessing one of the custom wiring connections, which were well done, insulated blade type connectors, must have not had a good connection...
              Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dirtmover
                Forum Newbie
                • Dec 2005
                • Ottawa, ON, Canada.

The ebay belts arrived. They look like they'll do the job. Now, it's just a shame they're such a PITA to install or I would have popped them on and given them a whirl to see how well they fit.

Comment

Working...